"Standards" the good, the bad and the ugly

• Thread starter bodger
  • 4,101 comments
The problem with standards (in my opinion) is that they are too inconsistent in quality. For example, look at the RUF and a Supra. Not the same level of "standardness".
True the supra, although being equally as popular as the RUF (especially in Japan one would assume), still looks like a straight port from GT4, and there's many others in that case sadly.

Wonder how the gaming press will receive this, seeing that they already took a crap all over the standard concept when GT5 came out.

It looks like PD worked really hard cleaning up the RUFs; maybe to keep us happy that there aren't any Porsches in the game, but nonetheless they look beautiful (for standards). :drool:

Oh, hey, guys. Here are the same standard RUF cars you've been using since GT4. Nope, we didn't have time to add new and modern RUFs. Or even to make the Yellow Bird premium. But hey, we're keeping you happy, right?

lol, NO!

Last edited:
PD's logic: Premium MK3, Standard MK4. I just hope the RZ looks a bit better this time.
Hate to break it to you, but you're going to be pretty disappointed. It's been posted in one of the GT6 threads.

2013_11_29_0_0_27_zps13263113.png~original

It looks better, but not by much.

I really don't like the showroom view for the cars. I don't know if it's the lighting or just the general grayness but it seems like an odd choice for displaying the cars. Overall I'm pleased with what I've seen. The wheel arches look improved in most cases. Obviously not everything is perfect but I see some effort on pd's part. The improved lighting on the tracks I think will have a significant effect on the overall appearance of the cars

lol, some of us are happy.

If you're happy with PS2 RUF cars looking slightly better, I cannot imagine the feeling you'll get when new RUFs are added or when PD can ever find the time to get off the moon, to quit star gazing, and to make some of the world's best cars premium.

RUF needs love badly. The strip off your clothes, throw me down on the bed, make wild animal noises, non-stop midnight till sunrise type of loving.

If you're happy with PS2 RUF cars looking slightly better, I cannot imagine the feeling you'll get when new RUFs are added or when PD can ever find the time to get off the moon, to quit star gazing, and to make some of the world's best cars premium.

RUF needs love badly.

You're right, CC. Particularly because we don't have Porsche in the game, RUFs would be the closest substitute. If they were able to model the V16T to such a beautiful standard, why couldn't they do the same with at least a couple of the RUFs? Or, even better, given us an RT 12 R or RGT8?

RUF needs love badly. The strip off your clothes, throw me down on the bed, make wild animal noises, non-stop midnight till sunrise type of loving.
This post made me all hot and bothered. It touched all of my feels.

I have to disagree. When you can see geometric edges Ina "round" wheel or a wheel arch, that is still unacceptable. The Audi Auto Union car looks disgusting. It still looks like it is straight out of GT4. People are looking at different things to judge these Standard cars. I'm looking to see if things that are supposed to be round are actually round.

Have fun getting dizzy watching the roundness of things at 100+ mph

I hope my beloved 00' Audi S4 looks a bit improved, iam really looking foreward to take that baby to the track and looking good doing so :D

I would love it if new RUFs were added, but I'm happy with the amount of RUFs we have now. At least they don't look as bad as they used to.

I too would like to see some photos of the Team Oreca Viper GTS-R if possible. Seems like a fair few of the racers have had upgraded textures so that one would be a bonus for myself.

Oh, hey, guys. Here are the same standard RUF cars you've been using since GT4. Nope, we didn't have time to add new and modern RUFs. Or even to make the Yellow Bird premium. But hey, we're keeping you happy, right?

lol, NO!

Since GT3 actually if you count the 3400S, CTR2, and RGT... :indiff:

Back