"Standards" the good, the bad and the ugly

• Thread starter bodger
  • 4,101 comments
I was hoping the speed 12 was updated. I really hope its curb weight isn't the same as GT5, since thats wrong as its around 1000-1100kg irl.

Im at the point where I wish all remaining stock 90's Japanese Performance Cars be left alone, before we know it every single one will be modified in some way. I don't think I've ever seen a stock Supra IRL...
Same ,around here all civics get butchered by ignorant wannabes , when I see a stock one in good conditions its like seeing a Ferrari.. They are beautiful cars in there stock state.

Im at the point where I wish all remaining stock 90's Japanese Performance Cars be left alone, before we know it every single one will be modified in some way. I don't think I've ever seen a stock Supra IRL...
I know two people who have a stock MK.IV Bi-Turbo :D

:ouch: Cant win them all... I expect the Lister to be 1400kg+ now. :(
I think most cars with incorrect specifications in GT4/5 still have incorrect specifications in GT6.
Now I'm not going to check out and write about every single one here, though.

Interestingly, the only upgraded Standard Audi is the Audi S4 '98. I wonder why.

Posting an updated list of upgraded Standard cars below:

Just saying but the S4 '98 had terrible dark taillights which was even worse on night tracks...

Thanks for the info. That's a shame..
Could you take a picture of it (S4)?
Sorry, it's just too much hassle to upload photos to an USB storage drive with GT6. Besides, I don't have enough credits to purchase that car; in the showroom view you can sort of notice that it's better than the usual Standard car, but I'm not sure this will be noticeable with a blurry direct photo of my TV screen.

I think most cars with incorrect specifications in GT4/5 still have incorrect specifications in GT6.
Now I'm not going to check out and write about every single one here, though.
I think the Lister was one of the worst in terms of differences. Its real life value of 1100kg is over 300kg lighter than GT5's weight. Sad as the car was useless in GT type series racing.

Sorry, it's just too much hassle to upload photos to an USB storage drive with GT6. Besides, I don't have enough credits to purchase that car; in the showroom view you can sort of notice that it's better than the usual Standard car, but I'm not sure this will be noticeable with a blurry direct photo of my TV screen.
I'm ok with the off-screen photo (if that's not a problem) ;)

All the standards look fantastic. I havn't seen one yet that doesn't look improved to some degree. 100 of 100 cars on my GT5 favs list is a standard model, so I obviously didn't mind how they looked before, but I still appreciate the improvements a great deal.

What I'm curious about with the "standard model" cars in GT6, specifically a number of the standard race cars, is about the one thing that did bother me about those standard race cars in GT5........even after the standard update that allowed custom rims on standards, quite a few race cars and some non-race cars too, still couldn't have their rims changed. Does anyone know yet if those cars will now be able to have their rims changed? As great as the cars look now, some of their stock rims still look HORRIBLE, and kinda take away from how much the bodies have been improved.

Add formula gran turismo and suzuki escudo :)

Added.

I'm ok with the off-screen photo (if that's not a problem) ;)

You will see here that it's pointless with my gear:

4tdKJ57.jpg

0lV9ifn.jpg

This way it looks worse than in GT5, even though it's actually better.

All the standards look fantastic. I havn't seen one yet that doesn't look improved to some degree. 100 of 100 cars on my GT5 favs list is a standard model, so I obviously didn't mind how they looked before, but I still appreciate the improvements a great deal.
It's just that people are showing the good ones. Most look as in GT4/5.

Mitsubishi COLT
GT5 standard /GT6 simi-premium, detailed look
View attachment 85453

I have to hand it to PD, I did not expect them to go this far. Granted, they haven't improved every standard, but even this is more than I thought they'd do. You can clearly see new materials used to replace poor quality textures (especially around the pillars), more geometry added around the bumpers to give the model more depth (like a premium), actual physical seams where lines used to be to represent panel gaps, real mesh inside the grille, cleaned up rims with added geometry for the lug nuts, etc. As one of GTPlanet's perennial standard bashers I still have to say that this shouldn't be something we have to congratulate PD for doing in 2013, but nevertheless kudos to them for trying to close the gap between last-gen and current-gen car models.

It's just that people are showing the good ones. Most look as in GT4/5.

Is this the case? I'm curious if they improved all of them or only the "bad" ones like Kaz said.

How are these? These two are probably the most sorry looking ones I've seen so far.

350Z Gran Turismo Concept
M3 CSL

Also I'm curious about the infamous SUZUKI ALTO WORKS SPORT LIMITED.

Last edited:
Is this the case? I'm curious if they improved all of them or only the "bad" ones like Kaz said.

How are these? These two are probably the most sorry ones I've seen so far.
These seem to look the same as in GT5. You can see that there are no added panel gaps and polygonal detail is lacking. The cars look perfectly flat at an angle.
All improved Standard cars in GT6 have visible panel gaps, at the very least, for what I have seen so far.

Also I'm curious about the infamous Suzuki ALTO WORKS SUZUKI SPORT LIMITED.
Together with the RS-Z, as ugly as it was in GT5 (after one of the patches which fixed the front end LOD)

@All
I'm done with GT6 at least until it gets officially released, so I won't be able to check other cars or answer more questions about the game.

I'm just sad the DeLorean isn't premium, well in my OPINION, all single make cars, as in only car of it's make such as Mercury, DeLorean, A/C, ect, should be at least standard-premium, but Premium would make the most sense for them, most aren't hard to get a hold of, would just be a better way of doing it of course IMO

3 years and they couldn't update all of the bad standards? Really? Surely it doesn't take that much work..

Last edited:
I'm just sad the DeLorean isn't premium, well in my OPINION, all single make cars, as in only car of it's make such as Mercury, DeLorean, A/C, ect, should be at least standard-premium, but Premium would make the most sense for them, most aren't hard to get a hold of, would just be a better way of doing it of course IMO

Especially the AC because they already have a premium Cobra and the differences between them cosmetically are minimal.

Back