"Standards" the good, the bad and the ugly

• Thread starter bodger
  • 4,101 comments
10428562_10202634690174098_4359008122239974552_n.jpg

10364171_10202634690454105_1650256278030827354_n.jpg

Looks good enough for me. Nitpickers like to zoom in like crazy. Is that really necessary?

10428562_10202634690174098_4359008122239974552_n.jpg

10364171_10202634690454105_1650256278030827354_n.jpg

Looks good enough for me. Nitpickers like to zoom in like crazy. Is that really necessary?
Because that car was redone. and looks pretty good, even if you zoom in

In stead of touching these useless cars and K-cars, they have should touched the toyota supra, aston , etc...
they redid all the astons, including the standard DB9, V8 vantage is definitely my favorite followed by the DB7.

Now as for the supra RZ...i don't know whats going on with that.

edit: double post.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do agree with this, but the one thing we have to consider is that the more time they spend merely converting standards to premium, the less time they have to bring in entirely new cars to the game. And I assume this is why they appear to be reluctant to try and get the whole batch converted, because they are worried about the complaints if they released a game which had no new cars at all.
It's quite likely the touching up and lack of interiors is a concession (in modeling time) to "more important" cars which may get the full Premium treatment instead; e.g. the Supra wasn't touched up because it's earmarked to be a full Premium.

That said, I find it hard to believe the KenMeri wouldn't be high up the list for full Premium treatment, so maybe it means the A80 Supra is to be dropped entirely!

I can't really disagree with those who say that the standard cars look quite bad - they really do. The problem is that by removing standard cars, many, many iconic cars will disappear... Cars like the Zonda C12, C1 Corvette, 22B Impreza, Mk IV Supra, LMP cars like the Audi R8 and Toyota GT-One, the FGT will disappear too... Not counting all the Group B and Group A rally cars. We wouldn't have RUF cars either...

Not if they are made premium.

You're forgetting about that :P

I can't really disagree with those who say that the standard cars look quite bad - they really do. The problem is that by removing standard cars, many, many iconic cars will disappear... Cars like the Zonda C12, C1 Corvette, 22B Impreza, Mk IV Supra, LMP cars like the Audi R8 and Toyota GT-One, the FGT will disappear too... Not counting all the Group B and Group A rally cars. We wouldn't have RUF cars either...

You get my point: the solution is not to remove all standard cars. What PD really should do is simply upgrade more and more of them to premium and semi-premium, like they did for GT6, while leaving the bad looking ones still in the game.

Gran Turismo is about the car culture and history. I don't want GT7 not to have something as important as an Audi R8 or Lancia Delta S4. Even if the Delta S4 doesn't get premium or semi-premium treatment for GT7, I still want it in the game. Same with all the other iconic cars. ;)

Although I get your point of view, I simply think that keeping the standards is not the solution. I understand the fact that the best/most iconic cars of the game are standards and there is why I don't understand PD logic because why in hell is a mazda demio or toyota vitz premium and a group b or group c legend is not premium. Despite many of you just do not care about the graphics of standards cars it is not admissible that cars with so horrific modeling are still in the game and when GT has a rival like Forza Motorsport, a game with amazing details, GT will continue to have cars like the Toyota Supra and unfortunately many others.

How about you guys take a photo of otherwise bad standards, which make them look good?
And no taking photos from too far away, or photoshop, that too.

But they can't make them all Premium within two or even three years, plus there is the need for new cars to be added to the series as well.

You're forgetting about that ;)
I meant the popular cars, which is what I've been saying all along :P

The rest need to go away. What of could do is reintroduce some as premiums over the gt7 life span.

Although I get your point of view, I simply think that keeping the standards is not the solution. I understand the fact that the best/most iconic cars of the game are standards and there is why I don't understand PD logic because why in hell is a mazda demio or toyota vitz premium and a group b or group c legend is not premium. Despite many of you just do not care about the graphics of standards cars it is not admissible that cars with so horrific modeling are still in the game and when GT has a rival like Forza Motorsport, a game with amazing details, GT will continue to have cars like the Toyota Supra and unfortunately many others.

Basically it's a simple matter of preference. Either PD keeps all the standard cars while updating some to premium once in a while, or PD throws all the standards away. In the first case GT7 will be uglier, in the other, the game will miss many great cars.

I'm for the first option, as you already know. I do realize how bad some of the standards look, but we must remember that PD cannot and will not update all of them to premium - that would take way too much time.

Some of those "bad" standard do looks good from a distance! :sly:
(I was driving the Honda Gathers ;))
If i take glasses of i can't tell which is premium and whic is premium. Or tractor. That Lotus Carlton really need special touch and some nice love from pd.

^^ They just forgot to do the mechanicals :lol:

I will be happy with GT7 if all standards are updated to semi-premium RUF style. I will be very happy if they all have at least one decent splitter/bumper kit each. And I will cry myself to sleep with joy every night if they all have a race mod or a custom riveted arches option for wide bodies :drool:

At least Forza is a REAL car enthusiasts game, and lets you actually experience a car in great quality in both exterior AND interior. You disgust me as a car enthusiast, who rather have cars like the Toyota Supra with such awful quality that could never be treated the same way like the premium models. Having the cars in standard form is disrespect to both the car AND its maker. Seriously, I'm very disgusted.
uuhh, no it's not buddy. The cars may look ugly in GT, but at least they drive like they really would. I've driven the Supra and the AE86 in Forza, both cars of which I'm experienced with driving in real life. In Forza when you put power on coming out of a corner, they just slide wildly. An AE86 isn't nearly powerful enough to hold a slide unless you're either clutch kicking the hell out of it or if you're weight shifting hardcore. Same for Supras, because they're really heavy, so turning in a corner they would just understeer, and only snap out of control if you floor it coming out of the corner.

You just seem interested in looks, that's not what Gran Turismo's about.

That aside, at least the semi premium cars look downright gorgeous:
98da94b4.jpg

Corollas rarely look that good in real life, trust me :P

uuhh, no it's not buddy. The cars may look ugly in GT, but at least they drive like they really would. I've driven the Supra and the AE86 in Forza, both cars of which I'm experienced with driving in real life. In Forza when you put power on coming out of a corner, they just slide wildly. An AE86 isn't nearly powerful enough to hold a slide unless you're either clutch kicking the hell out of it or if you're weight shifting hardcore. Same for Supras, because they're really heavy, so turning in a corner they would just understeer, and only snap out of control if you floor it coming out of the corner.

98da94b4.jpg

Sprinters rarely look that good in real life.*
Fixed it.

98da94b4.jpg

It sure was a part of the experience back in GT1-4. Sadly it isn't quite that anymore.

And for me if the car doesn't have an interior, I'm not driving it.

Back