"Standards" the good, the bad and the ugly

• Thread starter bodger
  • 4,101 comments
RGT

56kp.jpg

6j32.jpg
Is this really from GT6??

That tarmac texture is amazing und the RUF looks 100% Premium, even the logo on the exhaust is readable!

Looks good, not to be overly critical but the main points of contention between the standard and premium vehicles is in the headlight and tail-lights, PD went to extremes with the details on the premium models. Regardless it's still a moot point as I will enjoy this game every much as I did GT5. I can't wait for the marketplace to heat up!

Is this really from GT6??

That tarmac texture is amazing und the RUF looks 100% Premium, even the logo on the exhaust is readable!
That's a good point, the tarmac texture is super high res and there's a vignetting effect on the images. That would imply a photomode picture but don't they all carry the watermark? The resolution on the track texture is way higher than any other screenshot posted on this thread.

That's a good point, the tarmac texture is super high res and there's a vignetting effect on the images. That would imply a photomode picture but don't they all carry the watermark? The resolution on the track texture is way higher than any other screenshot posted on this thread.
Photomode increases the res and anti aliasing etc. so it could be just that. The track looks to be some kind of Silverstone location. Probably Stowe maybe?

The texture resolution doesn't change in photomode, the track just has fantastic textures.
The Ruf looks amazing, still so sad that we can't see the outside of the car when driving with cockpit view.
It completely ruins the immersion.

Photomode increases the res and anti aliasing etc. so it could be just that. The track looks to be some kind of Silverstone location. Probably Stowe maybe?
You're right, and actually I had missed the little GT watermark in the top right hand corners. In which case that's incredibly impressive that they've managed to add that level of detail to the track surface.

The texture resolution doesn't change in photomode, the track just has fantastic textures.
The Ruf looks amazing, still so sad that we can't see the outside of the car when driving with cockpit view.
It completely ruins the immersion.
True, it could also be a texture enhancement filter that photomode applies that you don't see in the game. The texture looks high res, but repeats fairly regularly. Texture enhancement techniques could be flattering it somewhat.

The randomness of certain cars being cleaned up and not others puzzles me. I hope it's a sign though that they aren't only doing these select certain models and will continue to update all standards through patches. That would be great. Hopefully they realize how much these cleaned up standards mean to us. It's got me legit excited to drive some of these again that I avoided in GT 5 cause they looked so terrible.

Thank you for sharing all the standard pics from GT5 and GT6. Nice to see the comparison side by side. Hopefully by the time GT7 comes out on the PS4 they will all be premium.
And if they don't y'all be like why do they have's standard cars again? This is not acceptable for polyphony Lol!

Hello, new member here. I'd really appreciate a picture of the Aston Martin DB7 Vantage please. Good memories of my GT3 tune many years ago. Thank you.

Back