• Thread starter bodger
  • 4,101 comments
Shelby Series 1
GT5 standard /GT6 simi-premium
Monza
View attachment 86035
Laguna Seca Raceway
View attachment 86036
May i ask you HOW THE HELL YOU MAKE THOSE AMAZING PERFECT COMPARISON SHOTS??

It has to be extreme hard to place the cars at the exact same positions and taking picts from the exact same angle AND avoid the ,,too close'' warning :boggled:

AMAZING JOB!! Thank you very much :bowdown:

@avens AE86 Trueno has been updated to semi premium. You can find it a few pages back.

'Premium', what I wrote, is different than the new "semi-premium distinction".

The AE86 is one of the most requested cars to reach premium status, interior included, and at the same time one of the easiest to get there (it's a Corolla). That's why the rarity supposition about the Supra doesn't make sense.

Another example is the now premium 2000GT, which should be miles harder to get (337 produced) than a stock Supra and a stock Corolla in Japan.

With that said about 'premiums', there's absolutely no technical reason why the Supra is not at least "semi-premium", considering PD already has all the info needed for that, just like with other standard to semi-premium cars. PD certainly doesn't have access to some of the converted to semi-premium cars right now, yet the job was done.

This issue of not all standard cars being updated to semi-premium comes down to priorities, with some cars left in 100% GT4 standard quality (CSL, EVO) while others were upgraded. PD chose not to upgrade the Supra, among others.

Last edited:
Some cars I'd like to see if anyone's got shots.

Amuse Carbon R
Citroen 2CV
Charger R/T 440
F150 Lightning
Accord Euro R
Furai
Mercedes 190E
Mitsubishi Legnum
Any/Some of the older Rally Cars (22b, Lancia, etc)
RUF BTR (has that been posted yet?)
Volvo 240

I think the Furai's shown up somewhere recently. The Accord Euro R (the one that became our TSX) is an old favourite that's too often ignored in racing games, I'd love to see it get an upgrade.

The Toyota museum's bound to have at least one, I assume.

The Supra's continued terribleness is really confusing; I wonder what PD's method is for deciding which Standards get touched up, and which don't. I would've guessed it had something to do with how much the players are using them (it'd explain the RUF's), but the Supra is a car I see online a bunch, and it's definitely one of the most-requested on here for Premiumization.

Interesting that the R390 loses its side badging...

Like others have said, the only logical answer is that they aren't touching it because a fully premium one is on the way. Of course that's a naive thought, but I just cannot believe they don't realize the significance of the car.

Why this car wasn't next in-line to be modeled after their beloved R34 and friends were in GT5 is beyond me.

I think the Furai's shown up somewhere recently. The Accord Euro R (the one that became our TSX) is an old favourite that's too often ignored in racing games, I'd love to see it get an upgrade.
I loved my Euro R in GT4, had a white one with the Volks from the Takata NSX... I loved that car so much. Same with the Legnum. Had that thing sitting on 787B wheels and Loved it.

Like others have said, the only logical answer is that they aren't touching it because a fully premium one is on the way. Of course that's a naive thought, but I just cannot believe they don't realize the significance of the car.

Why this car wasn't next in-line to be modeled after their beloved R34 and friends were in GT5 is beyond me.

The only thing that makes me question that is the fact that it's been 3 entire years since GT5; it was already odd enough to not be Premium in the years leading up to GT5 - if they still haven't gotten to it, will it ever be a priority?

I loved my Euro R in GT4, had a white one with the Volks from the Takata NSX... I loved that car so much. Same with the Legnum. Had that thing sitting on 787B wheels and Loved it.

Silver with Acura NSX 7-spokes for me; subtly different from the stock ones, but looked absolutely right. Thanks for reminding me of another feature they should absolutely bring back to GT6, though... :(

PD hates the Supra... me thinks... :indiff:

At this point we should already have a Premium Supra... but well... let's see what kind of surprises PD has for us in the future...

At this point we should already have a Premium Supra... but well... let's see what kind of surprises PD has for us in the future...

I'm not big into Japanese cars, but considering where PD comes from I was shocked that the Supra wasn't a premium from the beginning of GT5. I loved that car in GT1. I can only assume PD is too in love with Skylines and Miatas to realize they forgot something. ;)

XJ220
The Supra RZ!!

but sadly they haven't touched this car :(

xkeq.jpg

ytci.jpg

I think PD forget fix that! need report!?......

Last edited:

What about the 3.0GT Turbo A and Castrol TOM'S? :P

And did anyone get any shots of the other JGTC Supras for the sake of comparison?

Last edited:
With it being the 15th anniversary would though there would have been more attention to those cars and tracks from that period of time of the game that they are celebrating.

Nothing to see, they are same as in GT5, black, nothing....
Seriously? Are you sure? I thought they would put some more attention toward the standard interior since they were doing the standard exterior. If that's true that's a massive disappointment. :scared:

How about some good bad ugly INTERIORS? If they are truly no different at all then never mind. Ouch.

PD didn't do anything to the Supra its the same as in GT5.
I think PD will get the premium version out later that is why there is no semi-premium 80 Supra.

And I think There is already a semi-premium car in GT5--the Jaguar XFR '10, most of standard cars are moved from GT4 but this one, obviously PD had no time to finished it as a premium car before the release date.

Last edited:
Seriously? Are you sure? I thought they would put some more attention toward the standard interior since they were doing the standard exterior. If that's true that's a massive disappointment. :scared:

How about some good bad ugly INTERIORS? If they are truly no different at all then never mind. Ouch.
Pretty sure we've known this for a while.

A few pages back someone said the Audi S4 from 1998 was semi-premium aswell, did someone post pictures of it allready? I would love to see that car, i know its only a couple of hours to the release, but I cant wait to see it :D

Thanks for the comparisons and photos everyone.

I can't wait to buy those improved standards and try to make them as close to the premiums. You know, buying new rims ( just because they're higher-poly), finding paint that perfectly fits the car, and taking a photo in photo travel at a good angle...

Back