"Standards" the good, the bad and the ugly

• Thread starter bodger
  • 4,101 comments
I know I already asked this a few pages back, but would someone be kind enough to post a few images of the 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle and the 1999 Toyota Celica?

Eat your heart out pCARS. :sly: Why do I keep picking on that game. :P
I'm sure they are shaking in their boots Toko..:lol:
Porsche at Nurb.jpg

I kinda can't help but look at some of these hugely improved standards (like the RUF models, the Nissan R390 Road car or the Plymouth Roadrunner) and think that maybe these are actually WIP premiums. Just seems like that's a hell of a lot of detail for it to simply be "touched up".

I kinda can't help but look at some of these hugely improved standards (like the RUF models, the Nissan R390 Road car or the Plymouth Roadrunner) and think that maybe these are actually WIP premiums. Just seems like that's a hell of a lot of detail for it to simply be "touched up".
I think these "touch ups" are part of steps to making all standards premium. I have a feeling that the majority of the standard cars in GT6 will get the premium treatment in an update. For some cars all they have to add is the interior and a tiny bit more detail to the exterior, how hard can that be?

I think these "touch ups" are part of steps to making all standards premium. I have a feeling that the majority of the standard cars in GT6 will get the premium treatment in an update. For some cars all they have to add is the interior and a tiny bit more detail to the exterior, how hard can that be?
While I'd like to believe that they will make everything premium for GT7, I just don't think they have the time nor the staff to do so. They'll be too busy modeling both DLC and new cars for GT7, in what I believe is the very short turnaround time until GT7 release, almost certainly IMO 2 years or less. What you are seeing is more than likely a precursor to keeping the standards alive for GT7. If they can touch up the standards, or a great many of them to the point where they are acceptable to most gamers, I believe they have a good chance of remaining intact for GT7 if not entirely, at least in part.

While I'd like to believe that they will make everything premium for GT7, I just don't think they have the time nor the staff to do so. They'll be too busy modeling both DLC and new cars for GT7, in what I believe is the very short turnaround time until GT7 release, almost certainly IMO 2 years or less. What you are seeing is more than likely a precursor to keeping the standards alive for GT7. If they can touch up the standards, or a great many of them to the point where they are acceptable to most gamers, I believe they have a good chance of remaining intact for GT7 if not entirely, at least in part.

That is true. But Kaz has being working on the next GT for a while, he was in the producers interview at the PS4 reveal. I find people forget this, therefore I think PD has been working on GT7 longer than we make think.

You do bring up a good point, but IMO, I do think that not all, but a lot of standards will be converted to premium, either as an update or in GT7. But if this does not happen I do agree with what you said, there will still be standards, just a little bit less.

There are too many standards to convert to premium status, which would only further sidetrack an already low staffed PD.

The focus should be converting the remaining classic, important, historic, all too special to leave behind standards, while continually adding more premiums that are totally new to the series.

Am I the only one who thinks that is possible that PD will make this semi-premium cars into full designed premium cars?

Toyota Celica GT-Four RC (ST185) '91 anyone? ( My car :) ) Thanks so much in advance!

Has the Calsonic R32 Skyline been posted yet?
I haven't taken a picture of the ST185 but just by looking at it in the garage it hasn't been touched. No upgrade sadly. The SW20 is so hard to drive. Also not upgraded. The NA version still thinks its a turbo...

I haven't taken a picture of the ST185 but just by looking at it in the garage it hasn't been touched. No upgrade sadly. The SW20 is so hard to drive. Also not upgraded. The NA version still thinks its a turbo...

Thanks for checking it out mate. I couldn't help myself and went and bought GT6 earlier today, and have been waiting for it to update, so I just looked at it myself about 5 mins ago lol. Sadly, not updated, but hopefully it will receive attention along with some of the other deserving Toyotas in some updates!

^^This. I'm dying to know also. The Tom's X450 Chaser 00.'

Also PLEASE could you show the Lexus SC300/ Toyota Soarer 2.5GT-T '97?

As a fan of RWD turbo Toyotas, it would be greatly appreciated.

From what I can see in the dealership the Tom's X450 Chaser didn't get updated. Neither did the Lexus SC300/Toyota Soarer 2.5GT-T.

GT
Can someone post a few pics of the Mazda Lantis/323f please. Thank you.

Same as above, doesn't look updated.

Picture wishlist:

Peugeot 106 S16 and 106 Rallye
Volvo S60 and 240
Jaguar XFR and E-Type
Some of the older Alfa Romeo's
'49 Beetle

Sadly the same for these.

There might be small differences though but I can definately see jaggies still. Not going to buy all these cars to see or take pictures though. :P

I know I already asked this a few pages back, but would someone be kind enough to post a few images of the 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle and the 1999 Toyota Celica?

Chevelle looks the same. The Celica however did get updated, not the best but still pretty decent.

Siracusadag_zps4f5d4fad.jpg

Siracusadag_1_zpsf34a20b8.jpg

Here are 2 more, the AI were racing them so didn't have to buy them to make pictures. :P

Seat Ibiza Cupra, think the front was posted by someone else already but I have the back as well.

TwinRingMotegiOost_1_zpse7bd2576.jpg

TwinRingMotegiOost_zps58d75acb.jpg

Aston Martin DB7

GrandValleyOost_zps9e420ad7.jpg

GrandValleyOost_1_zps95ec9234.jpg

I think they look great, while racing I really can't see much of a difference between these and premiums. Just when taking pictures really close you notice it, mainly because the wheel arches aren't as round as on the premiums and the darker windows ofcourse.

Wow some are semi-semi premum :P . Look at the Ibiza`s wheels and arches they are not done.Look at the Celicas`s door panels they are the same but the front is improved and the rear at some extend like the Ibiza.

Standards
Semi-Semi-Premiums
Semi-Premiums
Premiums ? :P

Civic Ek9 99-00 Doesn't look like its got improvements looks the same as gt5 and the tail lights are stuffed =\

99-00 tail lights
0us7.jpg

96-98 tail lights
bl9o.jpg

The Peugeot 106´s have their foglight on the rear on.
But... It´s the foglight on the right side, so you´d thing it would have the steering on the right side.. But nope..

So PD? Why is the foglight on the 106´s turned on? And it´s even on the wrong side..

The foglights on the front aren´t fog lights. Those are turned on when full beam is turned on.
There are 106´s with foglights on the front, but those have a different shape..

Ronda.jpg

QCr6BQX.jpg

Back