"Standards" the good, the bad and the ugly

• Thread starter bodger
  • 4,101 comments
On the Chaparral, PD should give the 2D a touch-up at least not for the car's history but for this...

View attachment 158673

I not believe Jim Hall had this in mind when he designed the 2D, having the poor driver's ass dragging the asphalt for extra grip.
I hate it when this happens everytime I drive. Burns my ass and shreds through my set of jeans. I feel like a careless teen girl with daddy's credit card when I go to the GAP every week for new pants and underwear.

If Auto Modellista was re-created for the PS4, standard cars (hopefully scrapped from GT7) could have a new use! :P
Eiger Nordwand Short Track_NB.jpg

The gameplay wasn't ideal, but the concept was really cool back in the day and I wouldn't be surprised if many racing game fans would love to see a new version of it. It was (supposed to) be a simcade with a great sense of speed and have the sort of customisation the GT series has been begging for, there was even a livery editor to some extent! Just imagine if another company was to take that idea and put it on next-gen consoles...

The gameplay wasn't ideal, but the concept was really cool back in the day and I wouldn't be surprised if many racing game fans would love to see a new version of it. It was (supposed to) be a simcade with a great sense of speed and have the sort of customisation the GT series has been begging for, there was even a livery editor to some extent! Just imagine if another company was to take that idea and put it on next-gen consoles...

I actually loved the physics, though I know I'm in the minority on that one. I'm a sucker for drift-happy arcade racers and honestly if they released an HD remake tomorrow I would pick it up without a thought. Much better than Capcom's second attempt at a racing game, the dull and abysmal Group S Challenge.

Shame they never bothered doing anything with the E46 M3.

This colour is supposed to be Silver Grey. Loooks nothing like my real SG M3.
Yeah, they have the e46, the e46 gtr, the e46 csl but none of them have been fixed. Also no signs of any e36 or e30 m3. Can't believe that there's 500+ cars with high quality models but none of them are the bmws I've mentioned...

In my opinion the TVR Cerbera Speed 12 has to be the worst "standard quality" car in the entire game. The car's texture is too rugged, and take a better close look at the wheel arches. The Plymouth Superbird is the best, however, it has a premium body mold, but no interior.

Back