Starter Car Discussion: Which Did You Pick?

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 44 comments

SlipZtrEm

can't kick this feeling
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
NewAesthetic
SlipZtrEm
Since I imagine this section will blow up tomorrow, and monolithic single threads like the Relaxed Chat can be daunting to newcomers, I'm putting up this thread now for people to discuss which car they started with. There's a wide spread: do you want the Euro sophistication of the M4 (shorn of the bodykit seen on earlier FH3 demos); the high-revving GT350R; the JDM bodykitted Silvia S15; or the ultimate hooligan, the supercharged Maloo?

Naturally, given the game's setting, I went with the Aussie metal, in an appropriately lurid shade of green. It's a natural drifter, but the long-legged gearbox means you might not have the straight-line advantage you expected. Those that don't row the box themselves will especially be affected.

I urge others to not be afraid to start new, more specific threads too!

I'll likely start with the GT350R. I feel in love with it, as well as the other current gen GT in FM6, and the sound on it is just great. The kits for the the M4 and the Silvia are nice, but my interest in those two are low compared to others with new kit options.

Likely to buy all 4 over time.:lol: the Ute I think I will start with..and will be changing that HIDEOUS green colour asap.

I might go with the Maloo because Aussie hooliganism, that it's just been imported to the UK as a Vauxhall VXR8 and that we'll likely never see a car of it's kind again.

Likely to buy all 4 over time.:lol: the Ute I think I will start with..and will be changing that HIDEOUS green colour asap.

Oh, I plan on owning all four too — already nabbed the Ford — but since the game scales the AI's PI based on the player, there's a freedom to picking the starter car. No more "what's best", really.

Are you in control of my game somehow? I love the green, but my garage menu keeps showing the car as a boring white.

Oh, I plan on owning all four too — already nabbed the Ford — but since the game scales the AI's PI based on the player, there's a freedom to picking the starter car. No more "what's best", really.

Are you in control of my game somehow? I love the green, but my garage menu keeps showing the car as a boring white.
Haha,sounds like something I would do.;)

I'm torn between the M4 and the Maloo, but I think I'll go with the latter for obvious reasons.

I'll probably take the M4 since it has potential, or the Silvia since it's slightly tuned, but still needs more perfection.

I will take the M4 or the GT350R and switch to something else as soon as I can :P

I think GT350R would be a good choice to cruise and explore a bit at the start for me.

It's an unoriginal choice but I am going with the Silvia S15.

I'd rather start with one of the M3s in the game over the M4. The GT350R is okay but again, there are many other American cars in the game I'd rather choose from. The Ute is going have to grow on me later became I'm not familiar with it.

I'll be choosing the Maloo. I'd rather be starting with something older like an RS1800 really, but I can just imagine the furore that would cause with Casual Chris and Middle of the Road Melanie.

I went for the more confrontable option since I don't want to spend time in the outback covered in sweat. | Car Choice: M4

Back