Starting Car?

  • Thread starter Thread starter bLAKESTER 97
  • 32 comments
  • 2,311 views
Messages
121
Messages
DrDeath97
Hi guys,
I have decided to start the game again, this time using the least amount of cars possible, so I need a car to start me off before I get cars from special events etc. It won't let me enter special events without buying car.
What car should I get?
Thanks!
 
I recently started again and the car I bought off of impulse was a Honda Civic SiR from the UCD. It served me well over the first few races.
 
I'm guessing you don't really care about the trophy's. If you do then get a car that uses up all your money so you can get the "penniless" trophy. Otherwise I am no use to you.
 
buy the civic 98' good handling and will beat most things in the early races.
 
I used the Civic ('97?). It's cheap, fun, premium, and takes a race-mod later on.
 
I find the Miata to be a good starting car.
 
i normally get the cars from the liesences first, then i have a bit of extra monies to buy a good car...! but i just brought a civixmc for my first car and used it for a bunch of different races!
 
I started with Miata, and did specials and got to level 9 and bought a Camaro SS 10 and race modded it. You can do most races with those two cars, and with the cars you win, you can do the other races :)
 
I vote for either the 97 Civic or the 89/91 Miata. Both are good choices and can be used quite a bit. The next wise purchase as stated above would be the 10 Camaro. Very nice car for the money and it too can be used a lot. I actually redid the game on a second account using the Miata and Camaro for much of it.
 
I would of suggested using your friends car (share) but as psn is down its no use lol, as others said civic is good 1st car.
 
I prefer to use the '89 Miata as you win the '91 from Bronze on IB license and the '97 Civic from an early B-Spec race.
 
I usually always go with the Mazda Miata (Eunos Roadster). They perform well, are decently quick, and look pretty sweet. I believe i've always used the miata as my starter car for both GT3 and GT4. Sometimes the Nissan silvia, but it's 2 thousand points out of the price range in GT5.

In short, the Miata is probably your best bet.
 
My advice would be to start with the license tests. And stop to check the UCD every 5 attempts. (UCD cycles completely every 5 license tests). I saw a Subaru Impreza in my UCD the other day for just under 20k. 276bhp, it would destroy the early events. Also, pay attention to any of the cars in the 10-15k bracket. If you can keep about 5k back from your starting budget, you will have enough to chip the car, do a basic engine tune, fit a sports cat and racing air filter. All cheap mods, but they should add at least another 40bhp to whatever you buy. If my memory serves me correctly, the Honda Integras that appear in the UCD are also pretty good. In short. Cycle the UCD until either a basic Subaru pops up just under budget, or get something with about 200bhp at around the 15k mark and spend the change wisely.

If you're good, and persistent. Gold all the tests in the B License. Then just spend the 20k on modifying the Tommy Kaira you win for Golding it. And you can sell the car you get for bronzing it if you want a bit more modifying money.
 
^You have to buy a car to do... anything, really. Going right to licenses doesn't work anymore.
 
On day one there's a Corolla Runx Aerotourer with less than 1000 km on it for just under 20000 cr.
 
Any Civic is an awesome choice for your first car purchase.

I too have thought about starting the game over. Ya it's taken me forever to get the X1 and some other incredibly pricey cars. Starting the game over has seriously been contemplated lately during the outage.
 
My starting car was the Honda CIVIC TYPE R (EK) '97.
 
To go with buying the fewest number of cars possible, as you stated, there is really only one choice... the Suzuki Cappuccino (or other K Cup car). You can use it for the K Cup, while no winnable cars will qualify for that race.

I did the same thing, and at lvl 22, I've had to purchase 5 cars: the '95 Cappuccino for the K Cup, an '07 Mini Cooper for the Mini race, an '07 Scuderia for the Ferrari race, an '08 Gallardo for the Gallardo and Lamborghini races, and a NASCAR for the NASCAR race. I'll still need to purchase a Touring Car and a FGT to complete A-Spec.

Aside from those, you can get by fairly easily with cars you win along the way. I skipped the Special events, but completed the licenses (all bronze is all you really need, and really, just the IB and IA cars for the Roadster race and Truck race)
 
I got the premium Civic EK9, it's really usefull for the 1st few races.
But later on i noticed the Civic EG6 SIR '95 with the right setup is better at cornering then the EK9.
The only downside with the EG is it's top speed compared to the EK.
And it's slightly slower at accelarating.

But then i again i've spend 3 hours of testing with setups and adjusting them on both cars.

To give an example of what the EG6 is capable of: online i managed to take over an integra DC5, EP3 and several EK9's (incl. ones with racemods) with the EG.

So i would suggest the civic type r EK ('98) or the civic EG sir-ii ('95) as a starting car, and buy parts over time. Just don't forget the setup is really important on these cars if you would like to race online with them.
 
I would go with either a Cappucino..you can RM it AND use it on the Seasonals to make fast money..OR the miata...you can use it for most of the starting races and give it to bob and let him win you the Mazda Furia
 
To go with buying the fewest number of cars possible, as you stated, there is really only one choice... the Suzuki Cappuccino (or other K Cup car). You can use it for the K Cup, while no winnable cars will qualify for that race.

I did the same thing, and at lvl 22, I've had to purchase 5 cars: the '95 Cappuccino for the K Cup, an '07 Mini Cooper for the Mini race, an '07 Scuderia for the Ferrari race, an '08 Gallardo for the Gallardo and Lamborghini races, and a NASCAR for the NASCAR race. I'll still need to purchase a Touring Car and a FGT to complete A-Spec.

Aside from those, you can get by fairly easily with cars you win along the way. I skipped the Special events, but completed the licenses (all bronze is all you really need, and really, just the IB and IA cars for the Roadster race and Truck race)

If I remember correctly, you can win a NASCAR in the Jeff Gordon special event.
 
The Vitz/Yaris Turbo is good for at least 4 or more Events ;)

or get a really cheap one (Midged II for 4000 Cr.) and do the licenses.


raVer
 
Second time round I started with the Toyota trueno, up to level 20 something now without spending a cent!
 
If I remember correctly, you can win a NASCAR in the Jeff Gordon special event.

Yeah, but golding that one is a pain, and not really worth avoiding spending 500k credits :)
 
Back