starting line on sport mode? how to be faster

• Thread starter abrahamx
  • 5 comments
I cant find anything on search although i am surprised its not been beaten to death. I dont use any traction controll but on the daily races, i only race the a race. So this week I am back at it after couple years away. I get a decent poll position only to watch most if not all cars just race by me on the start. What am I doing wrong? I start in first and try to feather on the throttle but I just suck I guess. Any pointers on the starting line. i am using a wheel and usually start with a few rpm's going but I get killed on the start. I'll start out 2nd and by the time I am up to speed I am in 10th

I cant find anything on search although i am surprised its not been beaten to death. I dont use any traction controll but on the daily races, i only race the a race. So this week I am back at it after couple years away. I get a decent poll position only to watch most if not all cars just race by me on the start. What am I doing wrong? I start in first and try to feather on the throttle but I just suck I guess. Any pointers on the starting line. i am using a wheel and usually start with a few rpm's going but I get killed on the start. I'll start out 2nd and by the time I am up to speed I am in 10th
Traction Control is good for standing starts, and then after you start just turn it off. I use TC 1 and I have no problem starting with the field, and they never go pass me once I start, and I am also using a wheel.

Last edited:
TCS = 1 is perfect for a safe launch from a grid start. If there's no false start check it's just full throttle, go, then drop TCS to 0 before the first corner (unless you usually drive with it on). If there's a false start check, then full throttle and you can either be on the brakes or handbrake, depending on how you're driving (wheel or controller, and how your controller is mapped if you're on controller). I use handbrake on controller because I use the right stick for throttle/brake and there's no way to do both simultaneously with that set-up.

Back