Statistically best track

• Thread starter OJBrit
  • 31 comments
United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
OJBrit
I wanted to do an experiment to see what statistically my best track is.
I had an idea of what it would be and the results backed it up.

I used the race records page on https://gtsport.r1s3.net and pasted it into Excel.

I then added points columns in and recorded as follows.

Wins: 3 points for a win.
Top 5: 1 point per top 5 finish.
Poles: 1 point per pole.
Finish variation: 1 point for a negative value, and an extra point after every subsequent multiple of 5. (I.e. -7.25 would be 2 points. -11 would be 3 points.) This is reflected by minus points for positive values.
Laps lead: 1 point for every 5 laps lead.

This then gave me a total points which I also divided by the numbers of races to see what an average points ratio for that track looks like.
My results are below.

Pretty much I expected this top 3 by dint of wins and results. That's not to say all my results here have been good, quite the contrary. But I feel most comfortable on these tracks and enjoy racing them so it's good my results reflect that. It also shows me that I have to work on those tracks near the bottom of the list.
Maggiore 2 is a track I do not enjoy, but that means there is potential there for me to unlock if I work at it.

Feel free to use mine as a template. (The formulae didn't cross over to Google Docs but should be easy to replicate.)
Maybe your results will surprise you.

Last edited:

I used the race records page on https://gtsport.r1s3.net and pasted it into Excel.

I then added points columns in and recorded as follows.

Wins: 3 points for a win.
Top 5: 1 point per top 5 finish.
Poles: 1 point per pole.
Finish variation: 1 point for a negative value, and an extra point after every subsequent multiple of 5. (I.e. -7.25 would be 2 points. -11 would be 3 points.) This is reflected by minus points for positive values.
Laps lead: 1 point for every 5 laps lead.

This then gave me a total points which I also divided by the numbers of races to see what an average points ratio for that track looks like.
My results are below.

Pretty much I expected this top 3 by dint of wins and results. That's not to say all my results here have been good, quite the contrary. But I feel most comfortable on these tracks and enjoy racing them so it's good my results reflect that. It also shows me that I have to work on those tracks near the bottom of the list.
Maggiore 2 is a track I do not enjoy, but that means there is potential there for me to unlock if I work at it.

Feel free to use mine as a template. (The formulae didn't cross over to Google Docs but should be easy to replicate.)

The sheet doesn't work for us mate, you'll have to make it public.

I changed the settings allowing anyone with the link to access it so it should have worked. I will take another look later.
Nope :boggled:
image_2021-05-13_184601.png

Last edited:
Not gonna bother with the sheet but when i pop my track stats into Excel it is clear RBR is my best track. Thing is you need to consider SR, if you dropped a bit and picked up 5 easy wins then it doesn't really count.

In order for me though......

RBR
Bathurst
NGP
Spa

Mine are RBR, Spa, and Catalunya.

I understand RBR. I'm really comfortable there and have also done well in the few RBR Short Track races I've done there. Spa and Catalunya are more mysteries for me. I'm not fast at either track, but I've had good results at both of them. It might be that at my level many people make mistakes at those tracks and while I'm not fast I do decent job of keeping my car on track.

My statistically worst track is still.....Fuji! I have more starts there than anywhere else (I actually like the track so I keep trying!), but zero top 5's. Avg start of 9.6 and average finish of 10.5. Ugh :).

Erm...how do you access the race reports page? I can't find it for some reason.:confused:

Edit- Is it Race Records on My Profile?

Last edited:
Erm...how do you access the race reports page? I can't find it for some reason.:confused:

Edit- Is it Race Records on My Profile?
On that page, search for your driver profile, then there's two little arrows in a circle at the bottom right of the header. Click on Race Records and you'll see all your races.

Screenshot 2021-05-13 161706.png

Last edited:
I don't need to calculate, it's N24 or actually Nordschleife

Nordschleife: total races 1857, 310 wins, 1425 top 5
N24: 955 races, 66 wins, 563 top 5

Actually my highest win ratio is on Bluemoon Speedway II, 9 out of 15 races. Anyone remember that track... So long ago I still qualified :lol:

I actually consolidated it by site, since the characteristics of the tracks with multiple configurations are pretty similar. I looked at it both ways.

My results are somewhat in line with what I'd expect, with Laguna, Fuji, RBR, Interlagos at the bottom. St Croix is bolstered by my one FIA win and very few races.

Screen Shot 2021-05-13 at 7.16.15 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-05-13 at 7.26.46 PM.png

(Factor = the formula suggested by @OJBrit divided by the number of races at the track.

When I filter to only tracks with 10 or more races, it's interesting. But what I can't figure out is when the hell I ever did well at Lemans... certainly not ever based on what happened in the FIA race this weekend! But I guess I must have had a good run at some point.

Screen Shot 2021-05-13 at 7.22.01 PM.png

my best are

Lago Maggiore GP
Spa
Autopolis
RBR

I drive automatic and I wonder if that factors into the ones I do ok on and the ones I really suck on.. It must to some extent..

Had a dig through my stats page. Brands Indy easily my best track. 28 races, 11 wins, 24 top 5s and 11 poles.
After that it would be Lago Maggiore West with 17 races 8 wins and 16 top 5s. Then BMB Infield A, 14 races, 4 wins 11 top 5s.

A collection of race A tracks. I don't know why but every now and then I just really find a groove on one of them.

I don't have to check to know my best tracks are Brands hatch, DTS, Suzuka and RBR (sort of). However I was surpised that Fuji, Mount Panorama and Spa were also tracks where I perform overall well.

Back