Stealth and Chromelime cars avaliable in standard?

  • Thread starter Thread starter loki993
  • 41 comments
  • 5,080 views
Messages
215
Ok I know with the special and collector edidtions these cars are avaliable from the start, but what about for the standard? Will the cars ever be avaliable? Like as prize cars or maybe in the used section like with the CF cars?

Id really like to have the cars at some point, but I dont want to pay an extra 40 dollars for the privilege. Im not really interested in the rest of the stuff the CE has.
 
To be honest, I hope not. I did pay the extra for the CE and don't really want to see them available as add on DLC.

No offense. :)
 
TB
To be honest, I hope not. I did pay the extra for the CE and don't really want to see them available as add on DLC.

No offense. :)

Oh, none taken, but you also did get more extra stuff with the CE aside from the cars. It comes with a Book and a DVD as well right, maybe something else Im not sure? So even if the cars were avaliable you would still have extra.
 
It would be neat if they could be traded/given to other players online... Speaking of which, can cars be traded/gifted at all? Guess I'll find out tomorrow.
 
I'd like to see it become available as DLC, fair enough if CE purchasers bought them, but we can buy them too, all be it a month or two later.
 
Ok I know with the special and collector edidtions these cars are avaliable from the start, but what about for the standard? Will the cars ever be avaliable? Like as prize cars or maybe in the used section like with the CF cars?

Id really like to have the cars at some point, but I dont want to pay an extra 40 dollars for the privilege. Im not really interested in the rest of the stuff the CE has.

You clearly say the most valueable thing from CE is the cars form most peoples point of view. Therefor it should be CE only in my opinion. Otherwise it wouldn't be special. NOt the entire reason at all, but it did make a huge impact on me deciding wheter or not to buy the SE/CE or standard. It should remain as CE/SE cars only.
 
The stealth cars are preorder bonuses in NA not part of the collectors edition. I don't think that the chromline cars are available anywhere as a preorder bonus. All of the preorder bonus cars for GT PSP were eventually available for free. So it is conceivable that the stealth cars would become available at some point.
 
It was repeatedly stated on the US playstationblog that CE DLC cars will never be available through PSN, not sure about the stealth pre-order cars though.
 
My next question would be are the stealth or chromeline models going to be available in GT Mode or just in arcade mode? If they are in GT Mode, do you have to buy them and if so how much do they cost.
 
I will eat my hat if they don't show up at some point down the line, either as DLC, or in a "Game of the Year" edition of some sort.

Just wait and see...



;)
 
TB
To be honest, I hope not. I did pay the extra for the CE and don't really want to see them available as add on DLC.

No offense. :)

You didn't pay extra for the cars, you paid extra for a book and some fancy postcards. The cars are free just like the stealth cars. Unless you're saying that those who bought the SIGNATURE edition paid extra for the stealth cars while those who pre ordered got one for free?
 
I will eat my hat if they don't show up at some point down the line, either as DLC, or in a "Game of the Year" edition of some sort.

Just wait and see...



;)


I agree. If there is money to be made... (and there is)
 
You didn't pay extra for the cars, you paid extra for a book and some fancy postcards. The cars are free just like the stealth cars. Unless you're saying that those who bought the SIGNATURE edition paid extra for the stealth cars while those who pre ordered got one for free?

Don't understand your logic. He paid for the right to have those cars on launch day.

Nothings free in this world. Well maybe air but they'll start charging for that soon.
 
TB
To be honest, I hope not. I did pay the extra for the CE and don't really want to see them available as add on DLC.

No offense. :)

+1.

I'd prefer not to get screwed by a DLC with CE cars for the second time in a year. Forza 3 was the first. -expletive- T10.:grumpy:
 
So I payed $300 for GT5 and a leather wallet? (potentially) Not happy PD. Research the word 'exclusive'.
 
I'll buy the wallet for a few bucks from you if you'd like. :)
 
I just redeemed one of my code for a stealth model and you get it in your garage right away so if you get the SE you basically start with a couple of awesome cars, kinda... well yeah I don't know it seems weird :O
 
I want them as DLC but after 2 months or 3, let's be fair, you guys paid for them!
 
It will most likely be available as DLC shortly after the Worldwide release of the game....as the case with most "Unique Content" that comes with special editions of most games.

It always appears on the PSN Store a bit after release. The benefit to buying the CE is that it is bundled in with all the other free stuff you get. The Apex book however will not be a DLC...I don't see that happening.
 
You know GT5 will have them as dlc. Thats what they did with GTPSP. A 5 car download pack!
 
I just redeemed one of my code for a stealth model and you get it in your garage right away so if you get the SE you basically start with a couple of awesome cars, kinda... well yeah I don't know it seems weird :O

Have you tried running the Sunday Cup with them? I don't think I'll d/l them until I'm around level 20ish. I like progressing from the slow cars with basic mods to the supercars. It might ruin that experience for me.
 
I'm about to try.

Have you tried running the Sunday Cup with them? I don't think I'll d/l them until I'm around level 20ish. I like progressing from the slow cars with basic mods to the supercars. It might ruin that experience for me.

My feelings too. It ruins your progression if you can have a SLS/GTR and so on right off the bat and yes you can run sunday cup :'(
 
It will most likely be available as DLC shortly after the Worldwide release of the game....as the case with most "Unique Content" that comes with special editions of most games.

It always appears on the PSN Store a bit after release. The benefit to buying the CE is that it is bundled in with all the other free stuff you get. The Apex book however will not be a DLC...I don't see that happening.


The Stealth cars may be available for DLC but it's been confirmed the Chromeline is strictly CE and SE editions. They will not be as DLC.
 
It will most likely be available as DLC shortly after the Worldwide release of the game....as the case with most "Unique Content" that comes with special editions of most games.

It always appears on the PSN Store a bit after release. The benefit to buying the CE is that it is bundled in with all the other free stuff you get. The Apex book however will not be a DLC...I don't see that happening.

How do you get a coffee table book as a DLC? Wouldn't it be a bit "heavy" for the connection?:dopey:
 
I will eat my hat if they don't show up at some point down the line, either as DLC, or in a "Game of the Year" edition of some sort.

Just wait and see...



;)

"Game of the Year" would be Wait for it



A Collector's Edition
 
The Stealth cars may be available for DLC but it's been confirmed the Chromeline is strictly CE and SE editions. They will not be as DLC.

I doubt it. It just doesn't make sense. If they can make money off the Chromeline cars a few months down the line, they will. It's just business.

"Game of the Year" would be Wait for it



A Collector's Edition

Nope...

It would be... Wait for it....

"Game of the Year Edition".

Such editions are released down the line (usually with all DLC included) at or around the cost of the original game (sometimes at a discount).

"Collectors Editions" are generally (I said "generally" so don't jump on me, people) released at the same time (or before) the original release but with added content (DLC, Collectors booklets, key chains, etc...)




;)
 
I personally don't see them doing the Chromeline as DLC, but possibly the Stealth cars. After all, I paid no extra for them, just chose a different retailer.
 
I doubt it. It just doesn't make sense. If they can make money off the Chromeline cars a few months down the line, they will. It's just business.
Using Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 as an example, I had a pre-order incentive for Juggernaut. The only thing that is available on the PSN is a compatibility pack so he shows up if I'm playing someone online that doesn't have him, so apparently no everyone is out for the cash.

Only most. :p
 
I doubt it. It just doesn't make sense. If they can make money off the Chromeline cars a few months down the line, they will. It's just business.



Nope...

It would be... Wait for it....

"Game of the Year Edition".

Such editions are released down the line (usually with all DLC included) at or around the cost of the original game (sometimes at a discount).

"Collectors Editions" are generally (I said "generally" so don't jump on me, people) released at the same time (or before) the original release but with added content (DLC, Collectors booklets, key chains, etc...)




;)


I hate to prove a Super Moderator wrong because you know a hell of a lot more then I do about GT but this I am sure of from the playstation blog.

"jimmyfoxhound | November 22nd, 2010 at 12:39 pm

You know you’ll be selling these “exclusive” DLC cars on the PSN a few months from now for 1.99 XD I know that little book and keychair are hardly worth the extra 40 bucks… but I’m still getting it.. dang you PD! Stop taking my monies!!

Sid Shuman | November 22nd, 2010 at 1:11 pm

Not true, actually — just confirmed internally that the DLC cars will be exclusive forevermore to the C.E."


http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010...-5-collectors-edition-unboxed/#comment-485899

Comment #15
 
Back