Stealth and Chromelime cars avaliable in standard?

  • Thread starter Thread starter loki993
  • 41 comments
  • 5,080 views
I hate to prove a Super Moderator wrong because you know a hell of a lot more then I do about GT but this I am sure of from the playstation blog.

"jimmyfoxhound | November 22nd, 2010 at 12:39 pm

You know you’ll be selling these “exclusive” DLC cars on the PSN a few months from now for 1.99 XD I know that little book and keychair are hardly worth the extra 40 bucks… but I’m still getting it.. dang you PD! Stop taking my monies!!

Sid Shuman | November 22nd, 2010 at 1:11 pm

Not true, actually — just confirmed internally that the DLC cars will be exclusive forevermore to the C.E."


http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010...-5-collectors-edition-unboxed/#comment-485899

Comment #15

Oh, I read that as well...

Turn 10 said something very similar about their VIP content for Forza 3, only to release it as DLC a few months down the line.

If enough people demand it, I'm sure it will be available at some point.

However, I must say, I just don't give a toss...

Those Chromeline cars are tacky as can be. Hideous chrome accents on otherwise attractive vehicles...

TB
Only most.

Indeed. Sony, however does tend to try and milk it's properties for all their worth. I'm sure Kaz wants to keep it exclusive, but Sony will probably force him to come up with some DLC (If they haven't already) or release the Chromelines as such.

GT is big business for Sony. They won't let profit potential slip by them...




;)
 
Well, I guess you can still go on ebay and pay $25 to get them there.
 
Oh, I read that as well...

Turn 10 said something very similar about their VIP content for Forza 3, only to release it as DLC a few months down the line.

If enough people demand it, I'm sure it will be available at some point.

However, I must say, I just don't give a toss...

Those Chromeline cars are tacky as can be. Hideous chrome accents on otherwise attractive vehicles...



Indeed. Sony, however does tend to try and milk it's properties for all their worth. I'm sure Kaz wants to keep it exclusive, but Sony will probably force him to come up with some DLC (If they haven't already) or release the Chromelines as such.

GT is big business for Sony. They won't let profit potential slip by them...




;)

Amen, I hope that the Stealth vehicles will be available later. Since we can't paint our own...lol jp but seriously those Stealth ones are neat. I got mine from gamestop so I got the Mclaren and Nascar.
 
I want them as DLC but after 2 months or 3, let's be fair, you guys paid for them!

I was under the impression that they paid (foremost) for a toy car, a couple of books, a wallet (and a chance to win a real car), and a keychain.

It'll be pretty lame if they don't release them at some point down the line. I mean, what if someone wants to grab a Collector's Edition down the line and [EDIT: they're] no longer available? If you don't get it now you'll never have the cars?

And as someone said earlier, DLC is in this game's future. I think we'll see them there (regardless of any message from a Sony guy on the PS blog).
 
Last edited:
The only thing unique about the cars is the paint job isn't it? You can buy the cars and you can buy the upgrades. I wonder if they will put paint chips up for DLC so you can paint any car with chrome paint. That way they can keep their word and not sell the cars but still sell the part of the cars that is unique.
 
I hope the cars will forever remain exclusive to the collectors edition so that they will always trully remain rare. Believe me I want that chromeline M3 just about more then any other car in the game (huge M3 fan) but I love the fact that GT5 has rare cars that not everyone will get to use. Its going to be fun trying to convince people to trade them:)

If it warent for my stealth Mclaren I'm getting from Gamestop I would just pick the game up at midtnight at Walmart, but I can wait 10 more hours. Or can I?:lol:
 
Does anyone know if you start with a Standard Copy of the game tonight, then hop into the CE tomorrow if it messes up your Chromeline Car download?

I'm having trouble waiting until 10 am tomorrow for my CE, I took off work tomorrow so I could enjoy the game tonight. :)
 
EB games Aus has a pre order bonus of the 6 stealth cars for standard edition only. The CE gets the 5 chromeline cars ( no pre order bonus ) and Sig ed gets both packs ( but no pre order bonus).
 
it may not. remember, these are cars especially made for those who bought the CE or SE
 
To give some enlightment to everyone who wonders if the ChromeLine cars are available in Arcade Mode; they're not. They are available right from the start in your garage (stealth car included).

Here's a picture of my garage:
10fuqkw.jpg
 
Well, i got a problem.
First i bought GT5 CE and get those Chrome Line cars and 1 Stealh car. Then, when i get to my garage they are all there, but when i click A-Spec it says that you have to buy a car from a dealer or a used one. So i cant drive it! Can someone help me with it?

Thanks in advance! :)
 
Back