Steering animation refresh rate drop?

hennessey_86 and GTP_evox
hennessey861
Since the last update it seems the steering animation has been dropped or 30fps, it seems very choppy and is very noticeable on the hands when turning the wheel. Has anyone else noticed this?

Since the last update it seems the steering animation has been dropped or 30fps, it seems very choppy and is very noticeable on the hands when turning the wheel. Has anyone else noticed this?

Defo, very subtle at times, but a 'jankiness' certainly there.

I think it's been flagged before in other threads.

Yeah, I mentioned it in the Undocumented Changes thread. I only notice it after a certain degree of rotation. It's smooth at first, but after you turn the wheel a certain amount it gets more janky. Kinda used to it now, but still find it a bit distracting as a cockpit only driver.

I just thought it was the sparkly gloves were playing with my eyes but defo looks like something not right, think it also has more stuttering going on during the pre race camera views.

I notice it too on PS4 pro. I still don't get why they don't have an option to remove the wheel but it's Gran Turismo so I'm used to compromising. I also notice the texture pop in on the backs of cars when I'm only like 10 feet away from them and not much else going on. Maybe they should tell Kaz to stop touching the game before he totally ruins it. He looked kinda crispy in that recent pic.

This is a significant bug. Unfortunately, I'm very sensitive to low frame rates ;) I stopped playing after the last update because of this :(

Last edited:
Back