Steering Lock Change after Pausing

• Thread starter TheoXne
  • 13 comments
Canada
Canada
Ok so I have not seen anyone else have a problem similar to mine so I'm hoping someone knows whats going on.

So I came back to GT Sport after a few months of playing other games and i'm having a weird max steering lock issue that changes after I either pause the game, restart the session, or go to a new session, or even go to the pit lane. According to the red dot above the RPM gauge, turning my wheel 90 degrees moves the dot to either end of the RPM gauge which is exactly how it should be but the problem is that it doesn't stay like that. Upon doing anything other than driving the max steering lock changes, so now the red dot does not hit the end until I turn the wheel about 170 degrees. This change stays permanently and makes the cars impossible to drive as making minor adjustments mid corner now has to be done at about 150 instead of about 35. This change results in about 5-7 seconds of pace lost per lap. Its widely uncomfortable and makes "S" curves such as the Schumaker esses at Nurburgring and the Eu' Rouge complex at Spa virtually impossible.

I thought maybe it was a change to GT Sport overall but watching videos on YouTube such as Kie or Tidgney, I know this is not the case. The only way to fix it is to unplug the wheel and plug it back in meaning I would have to unhook the arm of my chair, plug out and in, sit back in, wait for wheel to calibrate itself and then continue on. On top of being EXTREMELY tedious, it wouldn't even work as a temporary solution because the pit stop time is shorter than that. Because the first session is completely fine, I figure there has to be something i'm missing or something that can be done.

Here's my setup...
Thrustmaster TMX (Xbox One wheel) + pedals
Collective Mind's Drive Hub FFB adapter
Regular PS4 controller plugged in to Drive Hub

GAME(to clear up any loose ends) - Gr.3 cars is what im testing on(so its not a car problem)
FFB settings - untouched at 0,3,3

I have used this setup previously without any issues back in Apr or May so I'm thinking it has to due with a recent update to GT Sport itself but it does not affect anyone else that I have found. Drive Hub and wheel are all up to date.

I'm curios to know if someone knows more about the Drive Hub or something else to maybe bypass this issue. Is there maybe a way I can trick the Drive Hub into using PC settings? Force GT to not change anything about my wheel? Something, Anything? I really want to play this game again and cant because its completely unplayable otherwise. There has to be something I can do because the first run works perfectly fine.

Long post I know and I apologize however I created an account on this site specifically for this purpose because I cant find anything anywhere else.

Thank You in advance!

Sorry man, can't help you. Don't know anyone who uses an Xbox wheel on PS4. But to me it just looks like compatibility issue. PD may have changed something in one of the updates which has made your setup incompatible. Impossible to know since they never post a complete list of changes implemented with the update. Have you tried manually adjusting the angle of rotation?

Sorry man, can't help you. Don't know anyone who uses an Xbox wheel on PS4. But to me it just looks like compatibility issue. PD may have changed something in one of the updates which has made your setup incompatible. Impossible to know since they never post a complete list of changes implemented with the update. Have you tried manually adjusting the angle of rotation?

To my knowledge, there is no way to do that. The Drivehub does not use PC settings so I cant go change the DoR on PC and transfer over to DH. From my limited understanding, it looks like the DH finds the closest supported wheel in the game and just mimics the settings for that. IN GTS controller menu, you have to find the wheel your DH is mimicing and you can change button assignments from there however because GTS has a unique wheel setup you cant change the DoR.

Wouldnt be a problem if GTS had more wheel settings....... HINT HINT POLYPHONY!!!

I get this as well on my setup (TX and DriveHub) but I don't think it's a DriveHub issue.
Here's a mention of someone with the same issue on a T-GT.... and it's unlikely they'd be using DriveHub (not impossible, I suppose - they could be using non-TM pedals...) https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/thrustmaster-t-gt-rotation-degree.375760/

This thread seems to suggest that the degrees of rotation reset issue happens on all wheels other than Fanatec
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...hange-your-wheel-lock-setting-in-game.361940/

What version of f/w are you using on the DriveHub?

I'm fairly sure I was using 2.0.3-beta.52 when I noticed it - this was a while back, so not totally sure now.

I've since updated to 2.0.4-beta.17 and 2.0.4-beta.18, and then rolled back to 2.0.3 stable after experiencing occasional loss of FFB. I never thought to re-test changing the degrees of rotation with any of these as I was under the impression it was a Thrustmaster / GT Sport problem.

I'd be happy to test any drivehub f/w versions if you think there may be different behaviour on any of them?

There is lock available after the red dot reaches the end of travel, I think it only represents the first 360 degrees of travel, 180 in either direction. There is soft lock when the wheel reaches maximum lock.

There is lock available after the red dot reaches the end of travel, I think it only represents the first 360 degrees of travel, 180 in either direction. There is soft lock when the wheel reaches maximum lock.
Yes I know thats just the best referance point.

What version of f/w are you using on the DriveHub?
Not sure. When I originally tried this back in Dec I made sure the unit was up to date with the Drive Hub updater and it said everything was all up to date. I will have a look at it again when I get home today and get the actual version number and will respond again tomorrow.

Back