Steering Wheel and Pedals

Thank you everybody for the input.

Just decided to make good use of promo in amazon uk, the G29 for £129, a killer price IMO.

Some downsides due to partnership GT Sport x Thrustmaster, but reliability/durability being a major issue to me.

Thank you everybody for the input.

Just decided to make good use of promo in amazon uk, the G29 for £129, a killer price IMO.

Some downsides due to partnership GT Sport x Thrustmaster, but reliability/durability being a major issue to me.

I saw that on a deal of the day earlier - it's a fabulous price for what remains a very good quality wheel.

Enjoy... and don't get disheartened when if it feels odd when you start out (and you crash a lot)... takes a bit of time to get used to the change :)

I saw that on a deal of the day earlier - it's a fabulous price for what remains a very good quality wheel.

Enjoy... and don't get disheartened when if it feels odd when you start out (and you crash a lot)... takes a bit of time to get used to the change :)

Don't worry, in the old days I had (still have it in fact) a Logitech Wingman Formula Force GP for PC, which was a low end product but provided hours of joy on PC. Unfortunately never was supported on PS2. I'm well aware of the awkwardness on the first laps but how rewarding can be later, specially the G29 being from all other crop than the Wingman (that still works, I think, don't plug it to PC for many years now). Just as I play much less time than a dozen years ago, didn't seem to me as a sensible investment to buy a wheel. The best part was discovering now the motion control with DS4 (by the feedback of gtplanet members) that made me start playing regularly again and want an upgraded experience.

i am playing with my old
Logitech G25 wheel, all u need is CronusMAX PLUS to make it work, i have no lag and it still feel amzing

for info look here http://cronusmax.com/
and a video how too

I finally stumped up and just bought the Cronusmax Drive Hub so I can start to use my Logitech DFGT wheel again. The snakes nest of cables put me off buying the Cronusmax Plus

It's on backorder, but should hopefully arrive before Xmas. A bit more expensive than the Plus model, but there was a 10% discount today.

Still cheaper than buying a new wheel, and the DFGT is still a decent enough controller.

I've been wanting a wheel since I got GTS but the prices have just been putting me off. Even now during Black Friday I'm seeing G29s for $199.99. It's so tempting but I just can't afford it with the Holidays coming up. I just don't know if I want to drop the money on something like that for the first time buying a wheel and it seems there's so many varying opinions on which is the best. I just want to know what the best route would be for a first wheel that won't break the bank. I've heard lots of good things about the G29 and $200 is a great price but just haven't convinced myself it's worth it vs any of the Thrustmaster wheels.

Picked up a G29 for 40% off of Amazon Canada yesterday, saved $200. They are sold out already though.

It should be here today, my body is ready.

I've been wanting a wheel since I got GTS but the prices have just been putting me off. Even now during Black Friday I'm seeing G29s for $199.99. It's so tempting but I just can't afford it with the Holidays coming up. I just don't know if I want to drop the money on something like that for the first time buying a wheel and it seems there's so many varying opinions on which is the best. I just want to know what the best route would be for a first wheel that won't break the bank. I've heard lots of good things about the G29 and $200 is a great price but just haven't convinced myself it's worth it vs any of the Thrustmaster wheels.
Mid level wheel + entry level price = no brainer.

Last edited:
It's something I find my

Mid level wheel + entry level price = no brainer.
Trust me if I had the money it'd be in my hands today. Unfortunately I need to budget Christmas gifts over the next few weeks and just can't rationalize spending the money even at the reduced price. Maybe some day!

It's loud and has a rather uncomfortable feedback feeling, if compared to belt drive wheels. That's the main reason I didn't choose the G29.

It might be a bit louder than Thrustmaster's belt driven wheels, but what worried me the most while I was choosing my wheel is the amount of negative reviews on TS's products (especially T300RS with its random button presses, I mean there are hundreds of people, if not thousands on the internet complaining about the same hardware issue...) and I couldn't justify spending that much money on a device that has a really big change to break really quickly. The G29, on the other hand, despite its "older" technology is a lot more durable and reliable and I have good warranty in my country for it. By the way sometimes low FFB settings CAN make you faster. However, T150 Pro would have been my next go to wheel if I didn't choose the G29 (the only thing that I didn't like about it was its 10 bit resolution but I'm not even sure if you could tell the difference between 12 and 16 bit resolution on a wheel so...)

It might be a bit louder than Thrustmaster's belt driven wheels, but what worried me the most while I was choosing my wheel is the amount of negative reviews on TS's products (especially T300RS with its random button presses, I mean there are hundreds of people, if not thousands on the internet complaining about the same hardware issue...) and I couldn't justify spending that much money on a device that has a really big change to break really quickly. The G29, on the other hand, despite its "older" technology is a lot more durable and reliable and I have good warranty in my country for it. By the way sometimes low FFB settings CAN make you faster. However, T150 Pro would have been my next go to wheel if I didn't choose the G29 (the only thing that I didn't like about it was its 10 bit resolution but I'm not even sure if you could tell the difference between 12 and 16 bit resolution on a wheel so...)

True that. Lots of problems with the Thrustmaster wheels. I gambled and bought one because it was the only wheel that I instantly liked when I tried it. I've so far experienced the random button press issue a couple of times, but not much else. I'm crossing my fingers that it will not give up on me. Time till tell.

Just got my new wheel. T300rs gt. I don’t have enough space for a seat so I’m looking for a wheel stand. What would u guys suggest? Wheel stand pro v2(pole in the middle isn’t a problem), next level wheel stand or the gt omega wheel stand. I’m going to sit in my couch(45-55cm above ground).If I go for the wheel stand pro I’ll have to wait couple of weeks, but I’m still looking for other site to get it sooner.
With this info what would you suggest?

Back