Steering Wheel Sensitivity Setting?

• Thread starter FakeID341
  • 5 comments
Canada
Montreal
FakeID341
Most racing games allow you to fine tune how sensitive you want your steering wheel to be, in Gran Turismo you can't do that and it can get quite annoying when you try to take a single seater through portier (at Monaco) and you have to shuffle your hands around the wheel. Please Kaz?

What wheel are you using? Are you aware of settings allowing you to change the turnable radius (if there is one-I'm not sure the DFGT can be changed from 200 to 900 degrees) for your wheel?

Is that what you mean by sensitivity? Because that option makes a vast difference to how a wheel can be used.

Most racing games allow you to fine tune how sensitive you want your steering wheel to be, in Gran Turismo you can't do that and it can get quite annoying when you try to take a single seater through portier (at Monaco) and you have to shuffle your hands around the wheel. Please Kaz?

There is a sensitivity option in GT6 - I normally have it set to 0 for single seaters and 2 for other cars.

I presume you mean an adjustable steering rack option so like real racing teams you would select a quick rack for Monaco and a normal one for other tracks - this option has been suggested in the features section and there are also suggestions for varying steering degrees of the wheel - although personally I would prefer a rack option in the cars tuning menu as it is only a handful of cars and tracks that need adjustment. If you search for undocumented wheel settings you will find threads on how to change the degrees of rotation on Logitech G25 and G27.

I believe the OP is talking about having adjustable wheel settings in the game along the lines of the video below which just about every racing sim has. Below is the Logitech Profiler, but most games have very extensive wheel setup options built in as well. The adjustability in the GT series is 15 years behind the times:

Last edited:
Back