steering wheel

  • Thread starter Thread starter skidkorean
  • 45 comments
  • 1,949 views
Messages
33
i been playin gt3 for awhile and have been workin on drifting since i've almost beat the game..was just wonderin what kinda steering wheel i should get.. :confused: there's the logitech official one that looks good..but i've also heard of the mad catz one and that one looks good also..any recommendations on which i should get? the mad catz is called like mc2 universal or whatever..
 
DO NOT GET MAD CATZ I just had this question. Bought the logitech And i love it. I got it satureday. It takes a while to get used to. But when you do you will love it. I just got it and i love it. Its great for rallies and the FF is great!
 
I borrowed a friend's wheel,actually.I wanted to try before buying,
it doesnt have any of the paddle problems,or cut out.Guess something changed in production,somewhere.I am much better with a wheel as compared to DS2.
I am going to wait for GT4 and the new wheel,I guess.
 
yea..the wheel seems to be a good "step-up" once you've pretty much gotten the ds2 down..i've almost got drifting down and grip driving is already easy..
 
Yea i had teh DS2 down but now I have the wheel down (basics) and my DS2 is dead i was plsaying with it today and i STUNK!
 
looks weird!!! :odd:
PC.LOG.9632570403.JPG
 
Originally posted by ving
looks weird!!! :odd:
PC.LOG.9632570403.JPG
Yeah I asked this in my thread and Neon_duke said he's never seen it before either. Wondering if this one will have the probs with braking and shifting.
 
Hi
I have never seen that color before,button placement is the same,the Logitech box it came in says International Version.I dont know if that makes a difference(prob not).
Good Luck!
cinjun8
 
The August issue of PSM has the new Logitech steering wheel in it along with a brief article about GT4. You should pick one up if you can.:D
 
Originally posted by cinjun8
Hi
I have never seen that color before,button placement is the same,the Logitech box it came in says International Version.I dont know if that makes a difference(prob not).
Good Luck!
cinjun8
Alright thanks, I'll have a look at some of them this weekend.
 
Originally posted by MeM
DO NOT GET MAD CATZ I just had this question. Bought the logitech And i love it. I got it satureday. It takes a while to get used to. But when you do you will love it. I just got it and i love it. Its great for rallies and the FF is great!


Dude... Just wondering. Have you ever owned/used a Mad Catz MC2 wheel??
 
Did u actucally use it....and in the game? U bash it so damn quick becuz u own another one
 
Is it true that u get $500,000 if u beat the game because it takes a long time and comitment to beat it
 
No. Stop spamming in here as well.
 
r u talkin 2 me cause ive only posted twice. but u dont get the money. that sucks
 
You have posted 79 times since you registered earlier today. You posted three times in this forum to say "hi i love GT3", and once again a few minutes ago, and now twice to ask the same question.

BTW think about this - GT3 has been out for nearly 2 years now. Imagine everyone, or anyone, finishing the game and getting a half million... I'VE finished it twice...
 
But u've beat the game twice... that is a big accomplishment... i mean i have been playing 4 2 years and i am on98% done
 
You and Geezus are already under the microscope - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/t-25612.html.

0-100% takes roughly 3-6 weeks if you're in full employment, including all-gold licences. If you have a cheat device you can go a lot quicker. Imagine getting $500,000 for that...

You could have hit the "Edit" button and posted that last line in the previous post by the way. Instead you have 2 posts saying not a lot. THAT'S spamming.

What contribution have you made to the community thus far in you 9 hours/81 posts?
 
ok..concerning the MC2 wheel....how do you get the pedals working? iv hooked up the pedal cable to the steering wheel port and it reads it because the LED lights come on when you press on the gas. But When im playing GT3, nothing happens when i press on the gas. Is this normal? or is this steering wheel just really cheep. (BTW i won this wheel didnt buy) If its suppose to work, do i have to program the pedals to work as gas and brake? Seriously..need help.
 
Did you calabrate the wheel. Because thats what your supposed to do. Read teh GT3 manual.
 
Hey Famine, the place where these guys were spamming is mostly occuring in the Ash Racing, there's a good 200 posts worth of Spam in there...:yuck:

Uhh, SkidKorean, I'd suggest a Momo Force Racing Wheel, they seem to be very nice...:)
 
Originally posted by Wingsofwar
ok..concerning the MC2 wheel....how do you get the pedals working? iv hooked up the pedal cable to the steering wheel port and it reads it because the LED lights come on when you press on the gas. But When im playing GT3, nothing happens when i press on the gas. Is this normal? or is this steering wheel just really cheep. (BTW i won this wheel didnt buy) If its suppose to work, do i have to program the pedals to work as gas and brake? Seriously..need help.

Dude. You need to read the part in the MC2 instruction manual about "reprogramming buttons". Out of the box, the MC2 is set so that the X button is gas and the square button is brakes (Just like it is on the standard PS2 controller). You have to reprogram the pedals so that they are the gas and brakes. By the way. You have to do this every time you power off the PS2. Minor inconvenience. Its a great wheel though.


GRNWTHNV.
 
ok i must be doing something wrong then, when i want to program the pedals..i did what the instruction manual said..press the program button then press the button or pedal you wish to change function then press the button that already has the exsisting function. ok..so I press prog, then press on the gas, then X.....ummm ok nothing has changed..the instruction manual tells nothing about programing the pedals. what am i doing wrong?
 
Back