steering wheel

  • Thread starter Thread starter skidkorean
  • 45 comments
  • 1,949 views
The only thing i can think of that you did wronjg was get the MC2 wheel. I like teh driving force and it works b est with GT3. Paddle problems dont matter cuz it makes you a better driver.
 
i didnt buy it..i won it..so might as well try it..since i got it for free..but still..think theres a malfuntion in this wheel that i have? or im just dumb..
 
Originally posted by MeM
The only thing i can think of that you did wronjg was get the MC2 wheel. I like teh driving force and it works b est with GT3. Paddle problems dont matter cuz it makes you a better driver.


Hey. Focker. I don't think that you are giving the Mad Catz wheel a fair chance. Sure, you've got the biggest baddest force feedback do everything wheel. It even wipes your a$$ right??

Not everyone has $150 plus dollhairs to spend on a wheel. The Mad Catz is a great alternative and its affordable.

The driving force works best with GT3??? How have you come to this conclusion?? My Mad Catz works fine with GT3. All the buttons work and do what they are assigned to do. Everything functions as it should. Soo....... How is your driving force wheel sooo much more better because "it works best with GT3" ???
 
Originally posted by Wingsofwar
still waiting for an answer......**ZzzzZZZzZ


Heres your answer......If you have the unit properly connected and have followed all the instructions in the manual on reprogramming the buttons... Then, yes you likely have a defective wheel.
 
Originally posted by Wingsofwar
lol thanks..thats all i needed to hear


Just a question. Is it just the pedals that dont work?? Were you able to reprogram the shift funtions to the F1 shifter stick??



GRN.
 
Originally posted by Wingsofwar
ok i must be doing something wrong then, when i want to program the pedals..i did what the instruction manual said..press the program button then press the button or pedal you wish to change function then press the button that already has the exsisting function. ok..so I press prog, then press on the gas, then X.....ummm ok nothing has changed..the instruction manual tells nothing about programing the pedals. what am i doing wrong?

I know what you did wrong. You have to hit the prog button. Then hit the X (which would currently be the gas), then step on the gas pedal. Same goes for the brake.



GRN.
 
I'd rather have nothing than a MadCatz wheel though, and now that the Momo Force has dropped in price I am considering it...:| But I might wait till the GT4 Logitech wheel comes in. :D
 
Originally posted by DODGE the VIPER
I'd rather have nothing than a MadCatz wheel though, and now that the Momo Force has dropped in price I am considering it...:| But I might wait till the GT4 Logitech wheel comes in. :D

no dodge not the mad catz wheel nnnoooooo!!! dont do it! :p

BTW spartanfan214 ur a real knob
 
What, I'm not going to get the MadCatz, I said maybe the Logitech or the Momo Force...;)
 
Cmon people stop spamming. This website is made for people who have a question about Gran Turismo games and want to get some help.Or if they found something interesting in the game and want to tell the other GT fans. This website is not for having the coolest avatar. Yea sure its nice to have a custome one but not by cheating. I am a member since March 2003 and I have only like 50 posts or less. Thats because I only asked questions that I really needed. And I also answered questions that were good and interesting. I answered it in one post! I didnt say hi 300 times. People come here and they have 80 posts in 1 hour!!!!!!!.Why:confused: Its probably because they asked the same question over and over.People come here to get help so please stop spamming and try to help out some people that actually need help.
 
umm..guys..i just kinda wanted a recommendation and i've only gotten one..logitech or mad catz?..thas all i need..thanks for everyone's help though
 
i really dig the logitech. i played 1 & 2 and a bit of 3 with a controller, and the logitech almost makes it an entierly different game. I will admit i haven't tried the madcatz, but i've never heard/read any good reviews. Plus they are cheap and i've always been a stickler for, you pay for what you get..a $60 difference in price. I'm also unsure about the momo, but does indeed sound intresting, and will have to try that one out.

Rally racing is a different world with the steering wheel. it takes getting used to, but that's what the license test are for.


nehooters, i think it's great and won't be able to play that game any other way. Plus the wheel is great for midnight club II..another recent race favorite...but that's a different fourm, don't wanna get yelled at for going 'off topic' :rolleyes:


cyclops.gif
 
Yeah its a lot differen't with the wheel. Especially with the 75% braking because then you have to brake earlier. And if you get one with paddle shifter problems its gonna be worse.

I just bought one(Driving force) and I only have problems with the brake, shifter are perfect. Its a great wheel but make sure you have something to clamp it on to or else it will just slide off.

Never tried any other wheel but if you can go to bestbuy or circuit city and mess with them(not plugged in so the force feedback and stiffness isn't there)to see if you like them.
 
Alright, my little town is lame....we have never gotten a Logitech wheel here in stock ANYWHERE and I just haven't gotten up the gumption to order it.

My Niece brought her MC2 over last night for me to try out on Rally Sport Challenge for the XBox.

Easy setup, plug and play operation, stiff steering column, responsive pedals......, I thought it did just exactly what it's supposed to do. It's universal because it has connections for the XBox, PS2, and Gamecube.

So, I guess my conclusion is that for $55 USD, it seems like a worthy purchase unless someone can convince me otherwise. Adjusting the sensitivity of the wheel was easy to do with calibrate button on the wheel itself.

I think it would be easier to use if it was hard mounted on a desk, instead of just sitting in my lap.

So, any suggestions other than the MC2 that will work for the PS2 and the XBox that has better design and functionality than the MC2?
 
Back