Still haven't fixed the G29 shifting issue yet!

• Thread starter CJT7777
  • 6 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I don't play GTS anymore (we all know why but that's for a different thread!) but I thought I'd drop in and see how it is after the many updates and I see they still haven't fixed the issue with the G29 H shifter where it keeps jumping into neutral. What gives!? Anyone else use this and having the same issue?

Cheers!

WOW! This is unbelievable and ridiculous. Thanks for the link. Guess my time with GT is over. Thank God for Assetto Corsa and Project Cars...

I got the G29 and got no issues. In GT5 Prologue with the G25, you could change gears without releasing the gas pedal. For online balance purpose, they removed that feature because we clearly had an advantage. You can still shift way faster than non-h pattern shifter users when it's used on stock transmission cars of course. It never gets into neutral if you time your gear change and your clutch press at the right time. It kinda simulate a misshift. If you don't time it right IRL, you'll hear it grind and most of the time you'll miss your shift and be stuck to neutral. Happened to me a few times while drag racing...ahah.

I got the G29 and got no issues. In GT5 Prologue with the G25, you could change gears without releasing the gas pedal. For online balance purpose, they removed that feature because we clearly had an advantage. You can still shift way faster than non-h pattern shifter users when it's used on stock transmission cars of course. It never gets into neutral if you time your gear change and your clutch press at the right time. It kinda simulate a misshift. If you don't time it right IRL, you'll hear it grind and most of the time you'll miss your shift and be stuck to neutral. Happened to me a few times while drag racing...ahah.

I did think it was trying to be realistic when I first encountered it but I can shift way faster and more aggressively in my own real car! In GTS I feel like I have to stop everything and shift very carefully (which just isn't realistic), which ruins the racing experience because I don't trust the shifter at all. Never have this issue in ANY other racing game or real life so GTS is the issue. Not that bothered since I don't play it anyway, just thought I'd check in to see if this was fixed.

I did think it was trying to be realistic when I first encountered it but I can shift way faster and more aggressively in my own real car! In GTS I feel like I have to stop everything and shift very carefully (which just isn't realistic), which ruins the racing experience because I don't trust the shifter at all. Never have this issue in ANY other racing game or real life so GTS is the issue. Not that bothered since I don't play it anyway, just thought I'd check in to see if this was fixed.
3rwcae.jpg

I can't comment on early Gran Turismo clutch/shifter experience, but I have no trouble using the clutch and H-shifter on my G29 and consistantly shift faster then without it, plus it's much more fun :D.

Clutch simulation in PCars2 and AC is more advanced, but I have no trouble using it in GTS :)

Back