Stock Seasonal Time Trial #61 (530PP, 600PP RC – 01/26 to 3/23)

• Thread starter Hastatus
  • 10 comments
Canada
Canada
This is a thread series for the seasonal time trials that focuses on completing the challenges (i.e. beating the gold target times) with stock versions of the cars. This means that instead of maximizing your PP with upgrades and focusing on getting the fastest laps on the in-game leaderboard, you are attempting to complete the challenges with the bare minimum amount of 'car' and money-spent as is possible.

With the new more open ended format means that part of the challenge will be finding a stock car that has the lowest PP or lowest price depending on your view. It is also difficult to predict which types of tires a car will come with before purchasing.

Warning: Some of these challenges are getting to be extreme and should be approached with caution! :banghead:

In order to participate your car must be stock.

1) A stock car is essentially any car as it is when purchased from the dealership or won as a prize: it will have had no modifications, added parts, or adjustments done that affect how the car performs.
2) No oil changes are permitted: if you have had an oil change you must wait until the effects of the HP boost have been removed by driving over 300 km.
3) You must use the original tire type that came with the car, unless dirt or snow tires are required.
4) No changes to any “Car Settings” are permitted: they must ALL be left at their default values. [Note: cars that come with Fully Customizable Suspension that were purchased or won prior to patch 1.11 must have the suspension settings restored to default in order to be updated with the new stock suspension settings.]
5) No SRF or ASM is permitted: other “Driver Assists” are permitted.

Basically, the ONLY changes you may make to a car include: painting the car and changing a car’s racing number. Any other changes means your car is not stock.

Stock Seasonal Time Trials #61:

Non-Racing Car Super Lap: target 2:15.000 - Suzuka 2014 - 530PP - SH - repeat

Rally Car Super Lap: target 1:07.000 - Streets of Willow - 600PP - RH - repeat - 1:08.000

The gold time at Suzuka is the same as last time and the gold time at the Streets of Willow is 1 second faster.

Lowest PP car from last time:
530PP at Suzuka 2014:
499PP - 2:14.796 - RUF RGT '00 - Ed_Night

Fastest Car from last time:
600PP RC at Streets of Willow:
571PP - 1:07.094 - Nissan Loctite Zexel GT-R '00 - MadMax

My results so far with a wheel and an automatic transmission:

530PP at Suzuka 2014:
529PP
- 2:14.357 - Ford GT40 Mark 1 15th Anniv '66 - SH - MR - 374hp - 1080kg

I managed to beat my old time from last time a little. I tried the RUF but couldn't get below 2:21.

581PP
- 1:06.499 - Jaguar XJ13 Chrome Line - RH - MR - 521hp - 975kg

The Jaguar is very challenging here.

My pedals might be worn too much. The brake sensor seems to be lightly triggering my brakes from time to time.

My pedals might be worn too much. The brake sensor seems to be lightly triggering my brakes from time to time.

What wheel have you got? And have you tried cleaning the pot? I have had that problem a few times. With my old DFGT it got so bad I had to tuck my foot under the brake and pull it up. No amount of cleaning would fix it. I tried to find some better pedals on ebay but ended up getting a second-hand G25.

Yeah I have a DFGT. I will have to try taking it apart. The pedal itself works fine: it returns all the way up and the spring seems fine. I think maybe it is the gear on the inside not returning far enough to zero: perhaps it is dirt or plastic shrinkage. I'll try cleaning it first.

I think maybe it is the gear on the inside not returning far enough to zero: perhaps it is dirt or plastic shrinkage.

I think something like that happened to mine. In the end I took it apart and moved the gear over by one cog so it pushed the pot to its end-stop. It worked for while but it was really on its way out. Hopefully a clean will sort it, otherwise maybe time for a G29?

...and back on topic

530PP at Suzuka 2014:
520PP
- 2:14.986 - Ferrari GTO '84 - SH - MR - 393hp - 1160kg

I feel I ought to drive this more often because it's very nice, but maybe so nice it's a bit dull.

518PP - 2:14.486 - KTM X-BOW Street '12 - SH - MR - 236hp - 790kg

I saw one of these recently, on the street, appropriately, just round the corner from home. Funny to see it chugging along in rush-hour traffic. It was bigger than I had thought, quite a presence.

I ran the X Bow also. The thing is awesome to drive. Can't remember my time right now but about the DFGT pedals, I have to dip my potentiometers in rubbing alcohol every two weeks. They act up that often. I wear out socks driving and assume the sock lint gets all up in there, somehow.

Here my "no limits" racing car:

552pp
- 1:06.636 - Mitsubishi FTO Super Touring Car - RH - 4WD - 411hp - 980kg

Can't remember my time right now but about the DFGT pedals, I have to dip my potentiometers in rubbing alcohol every two weeks. They act up that often. I wear out socks driving and assume the sock lint gets all up in there, somehow.
Wow you must push hard! My DFGT pedals are rather smooth. I generally only use mine while barefoot. :D

540PP
- 1:06.677 - Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 Evolution 2 Rally Car '86 - RH - 4WD - 448hp - 910kg

I have to admit I struggled with this one. Personally I think that 500PP+ is too much for this track (unless you use the 2J). I tried a lot of cars before I found one that I was happy driving. Also had to reduce the rotation on my my wheel as I couldn't keep up with the fast changes of direction at 900 degrees. Having said that the 205 is great fun here.

Did all drift trials with GT-Rs. So why mot Super Laps?:P

571PP
- 1:06.792 - Nissan Loctite Zexel GT-R '00 - RH - FR - 469hp - 1100kg

530PP at Suzuka 2014:
529PP
- 2:14.782 - Nissan GT-R '07 - SH - 4WD - 484hp - 1740kg

540PP
- 1:06.677 - Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 Evolution 2 Rally Car '86 - RH - 4WD - 448hp - 910kg

I have to admit I struggled with this one. Personally I think that 500PP+ is too much for this track (unless you use the 2J). I tried a lot of cars before I found one that I was happy driving. Also had to reduce the rotation on my my wheel as I couldn't keep up with the fast changes of direction at 900 degrees. Having said that the 205 is great fun here.
540PP

So true. The 2j is what everyone in the top 100 or more is using. I tried to think outside the box and scored a silver with the "Rally MOnster" car ( the blue one..cannot remember the title sorry. ) ran a 2:08:210 so I only need to shave a second or so off to get the gold tnight..but gOOD grief those guys are putting up insane :0:55:00's and 00:57:00's! lol really makes you want to use the same thing..but ITS GOOD TO BLAZE YOUR OWN TRAIL!!

Back