strange problem - my son is spending all the credits I earn until I get home from work

• Thread starter getanin11
  • 33 comments
Croatia
Croatia
So I have a strange problem. I bought game because I wanted to play it with my 6 year old son. I even preordered game to get extra credits that I we can use to buy some extra cars. If I remember correctly we had 250k credits. We started playing and of course saving credits to get the cars we need for various races.

After a while son started playing by himself, without me while I am working during the day. I am petrol head and of course my son is the same as me, he likes cars. We are walking down the street and we ask eash other what car is on the street.

Now the problem started when my son learned how to buy cars in gran turismo. While I am working he buys different cars he likes at that moment, spending credits so we don’t have em for advancing in the game.
I was completly pissed off when there was some kind od the bug on GT servers, I believe everybody received 1M credits and he spent all on various lamborginis, porsches, police bimers etc…. He buys just what he likes and play with customizing rear wings of the cars. So it is absolutely impossible to advance in the game.

The question I have is is it possible somehow to lock the game so he can’t buy new cars but he is able to play it?????

No there isn't, but what are you having trouble progressing with? The cafe mode gifts you all but a couple of cars you need.

Not telling you how to parent him, but if you really want to play on the same save-file, have you considered asking him to not spend all the money for the sake of progression?

You could've made him a separate account on the PS if you were gonna get pissed off at your child for doing something to your game.

I don't know, this thread is a little weird.

Last edited:
Not telling you how to parent him, but if you really want to play on the same save-file, have you considered asking him to not spend all the money for the sake of progression?

You could've made him a separate account on the PS if you were gonna get pissed off at your child for doing something to your game.

I don't know, this thread is a little weird.
of course I am. It works for a day or two, then he sees a new car he must have aaaaaaaaand all money is gone. seems to me that he more like buying vars and choosinng wings and spoilers than actually driving the cars

One week earlier and you could have had a human based glitch script. ;)

Suggestion. Make him do your Daily Miles. Open the tickets together. He may learn how valuable Cr. are and maybe to work as a team earning and spending together.
impossible unfortunately at his age, you might ask why? because he thinks with a dollar you can buy icecream, toy, car, house etc. He knows money is for buying things but he doesn’t know how valuable is something, everything has the same tag for him 🤣

You can’t lock or password protect parts of the game or make it so you can/can’t do what you’re trying to do. You either have to create his own account for him or restrict access to the game altogether. There’s no way to toggle on and off purchasing cars/parts in game with in game credits.
My advice would be to educate and parent him on this or make sure you spend all your credits before going to work so he can’t make poor purchases, or restrict his access to the game so he can only play with you there.

The question I have is is it possible somehow to lock the game so he can’t buy new cars but he is able to play it?????
No. He's six, make him a child account on the console and let him play whatever, then lock yours.

Also, I hope you don't have a card tied to your account, because that microtransaction button is super-easy to click, brightly coloured, and ****ing expensive...

And plant some Arundinaria tecta in your garden.

Last edited:
He's in that age where he knows what is fun to him, but not what consequences are. As alot of other people have explained, you're best to setup another PSN account just for him to play, and lock the main one down.

Play with him on the kids account so you can help him get credits, and then once he's gone to bed grind away on yours. That way you still get to bond over cars, but he manages how he spends his credits, and sometimes he'll run out and maybe learn to be more restrained in his spending sprees.

Last edited:
All of my children have their own accounts and they can't play on my PS5 when I'm not there. Maybe don't let him play when you are not home?

of course I am. It works for a day or two, then he sees a new car he must have aaaaaaaaand all money is gone. seems to me that he more like buying vars and choosinng wings and spoilers than actually driving the cars
Hey. Wait a minute...... I'm on your son's side. ;) :lol:

"various lamborginis, porsches, police bimers etc"

I must applaud you on his good taste.

Could've been a lot worse if he bought a rubbish VGT car like the Daihatsu!
Hey now, the Copen is great fun.
Edit: I misread, I thought you meant the original Daihatsu Copen when you meant the Copen RJ Vision GT. My bad, disregard!

Last edited:
I don't know a solution to your problem today, but I do have a request for you for 10 years in the future. If he just likes playing with the rear spoilers, whatever you do, please don't buy him a Civic as his first car.

This is a great opportunity to teach him the benefits of saving money.
Pick a high value car together, for example the AM Vulcan (around 3 million) and make it a joint project to save up and buy it.

Last edited:
I don't know a solution to your problem today, but I do have a request for you for 10 years in the future. If he just likes playing with the rear spoilers, whatever you do, please don't buy him a Civic as his first car.
Yeah, those spoilers go on the front?

1657584481242.png

Jerome

Err.. try the positive approach. Teach him how to fish?

Let him know he can buy whatever car he wants, when he earns it.
Show him how to grind Sardegna, Tokyo (whichever fast money method that works now - I'm outdated), set the difficulty to Easy perhaps.

That way not only does he get to buy the cars he loves, but also gets you $$.

I don't understand the question. If the question is simply, "is there a way to lock credits?" The answer is no. If the question is, "What do I do about my son doing things I don't want him to do?" then, um, tell him not to do that anymore without your permission. This is what parents do. If you, for some reason think this can't be done, then you are going to have more serious problems in a few years.

May be a good lesson in this…I inflict this punishment on myself when I splurge in game.

Now for my smart-ass answer:

Have a daughter next time?
Girls like racing games too, it all depends on how they grow up and what they get to know.

Hey.. it's a game.. not a livelihood AND it's your son.. you either put up with it and are happy he's having fun, or like others have said, make an extra account.
I experienced exactly something like that with our grandson, also 6 years old, at that time still NfS HEAT, he loves to design the cars and then crash them outside... the more it crashes, the better.
It is what it is... ONLY ONE GAME. Enjoy the time with your son because it won't come back and don't fret about a few credits in the game.
There are the CE's where you can farm a lot of credits very quickly if you need them.

BUT as already written .. deactivate if you have one the credit card in your account!!!

Well, if he spends all your money then I guess the game will last longer. And since it seems like you’ve found a pretty nice father-and-son activity it wouldn’t be too bad to have it last a few years.

You could also try to use the game as a learning experience, talk about the value of (fictional) money, how to save for something you might want to buy in the future, etc.

Back