Strange sense of speed whit cockpitview!?

• Thread starter Maxitsu
  • 4 comments
Maxitsu
problem whit cockpitview:

When i use the cockpit view in GT5, the sense of speed is a little strange. I really can't put it in words. But the speed effects feels strange. the distance looks wrong. I did't had this feeling whit the prologue. When i go to optiond and i choose the cockpitview-option "narrow", "narrower", etc.. its even getting worser.

Does somebody has the same feeling or is it just me?

For me, if I set it to narrowest setting, then all sense of speed is lost. I think it has to do with not being able to see the side windows. That being said, I have played Supercar Challenge, and its narrowest cockpit view is excellent in comparison. In GT, I tend to stick to Bumper Cam as I believe it delivers the greatest sense of speed.

For me, if I set it to narrowest setting, then all sense of speed is lost. I think it has to do with not being able to see the side windows. That being said, I have played Supercar Challenge, and its narrowest cockpit view is excellent in comparison. In GT, I tend to stick to Bumper Cam as I believe it delivers the greatest sense of speed.

yes indeed. But why i don't have this "feeling" in GT5P? is not only the sense of speed. its the whole cockpit-experience....there is something diffrent compared whit the Prologue. but it are not the psychics.

I race on cockpit mode on all cars where it's available. I like it much better than the bumper cam.

There's more head movement simulated that wasn't there in Prologue I think.

It definately does have to do with seeing the movement of the tarmac in the sides though, which is why you always get a better sense of speed from a multi screen setup or bumper cam.

Back