Streamer catch phrases

• Thread starter Groundfish
  • 44 comments

Groundfish

(Banned)
United States
United States
As the title said, here’s a spot to list em discuss em etc.

My all time most annoying catch phrase, and therefore favorite in a way...
:::::whiny voice:::
“I had the pace”

There’s no need to name names, of course.

I will also list the ever popular..,

“What was he doing? He broke too early”

As the title said, here’s a spot to list em discuss em etc.

My all time most annoying catch phrase, and therefore favorite in a way...
:::::whiny voice:::
“I had the pace”

There’s no need to name names, of course.

I will also list the ever popular..,

“What was he doing? He broke too early”
Ones I dont like:
"I was already there mate!"
"Why are these idiots braking so early?"

Good ones:
"Happy Days!"
"My tires are dying of death"
"I'm backing out, trying to race smart"
"Like an eejit!"

Haha, yes, this!

"We're pretty quick here, so we're pretty confident we can do well."

How many of you are there, mate?
I had the same criticism in the past but after streaming for a year now I can see why it's a thing.

While only one person is doing the driving, the chat/viewers are there providing moral support (and sometimes practical support such as setup changes) and sometimes that can be enough to give the streamer the confidence needed to achieve their goal in a race.

This is a funny but good example (I believe the chat suggested the strategy):

Last edited:
Lol.

This was me taking effect on him in race (streamer)
I was in the Stang. I went inside line up Mountain Straight Panorama. He tried but didn’t have the speed round outside...All clean he just couldn’t pass...

“Tried”
“It had to be a dang Mustang”
“That’s gonna kill me”
“It’s not his fault though, the Mustangs just so large, and poorly designed”
“My goal is to pass on the straight”

Lol I’m straight LEAVING down Conrod

“About this pit”

Lol. I love the streamers but it’s good to poke fun too.

Last edited:
“Don’t forget to hit the bell so you get notified for every upload”

At the end of every damn video!! The sneaky sneks sometimes even slide it in a few minutes in when your least expecting it.
:grumpy:

All in good humour :lol:...

But seriously, please stop this.
Many channels do it because it works on enough people to justify the inclusion.

Most either don’t have the data to justify it or can’t read it, so they do it out of imitation.

I don't make racing vids, mostly liveries, but I can definitely identify with the 'we' thing. It's just something you have to do as a YouTuber, no way around it.
So is the 'sub' thing, many people actually don't subscribe even if they like the channel. I know I have subbed to a couple of smaller channels because they said in their videos. Lots of bigger channels have also proved it does indeed work.

Last edited:

Here you go:

I had the same criticism in the past but after streaming for a year now I can see why it's a thing.

While only one person is doing the driving, the chat/viewers are there providing moral support (and sometimes practical support such as setup changes) and sometimes that can be enough to give the streamer the confidence needed to achieve their goal in a race.

This is a funny but good example (I believe the chat suggested the strategy):

While recording the last video, I had a think about the whole ‘we’ thing. Have you ever thought what would happen if the YouTubers didn’t say ‘we’?

Hey guys, welcome back to another GT Sport video, where I use my awesome racing skills to overtake everyone. I’m using the Corvette, and I’m going to turn TCS on at the start. I try to go for the divebomb at T1, but it doesn’t workout and I lose too many places. I managed to recover to P5 though, since I pulled off so many overtakes.

This is just an example for a racing video, but I’m sure you can understand what I’m talking about. It just sounds self centered and like you’ve done all the work. Saying ‘we’ still sounds weird, but it’s better than this. If there are multiple people working on a video it works too(you’ll be surprised how many big channels are actually groups).
No one’s interested in watching someone else do everything. They want to feel like they’re part of the action. You might say that you’re not fazed by this, but try listening to an audio recording with ‘I’ and one with ‘we’ and see which one you prefer.

But that is precisely what has happened if you're the one holding the controller! :lol:
I'm revealing trade secrets here already...I'll probably get kicked off the YouTubers' union for saying all this but you have to make the audience be a part of the video. They're the ones who clicked on it, who CHOSE to watch your channel out of all the others on the whole website, and they're not interested in watching you do your own stuff.
I've done the research on this mate, I can upload some voice clips from my own videos with 'I' substituted if you wish and you can see which one you prefer.

Last edited:
I'm revealing trade secrets here already...I'll probably get kicked off the YouTubers' union for saying all this but you have to make the audience be a part of the video. They're the ones who clicked on it, who CHOSE to watch your channel out of all the others on the whole website, and they're not interested in watching you do your own stuff.
I've done the research on this mate, I can upload some voice clips from my own videos with 'I' substituted if you wish and you can see which one you prefer.
I still feel like it sounds like a fake inclusion - it's not like the viewers of the channel managed to pull off a fantastic overtake - but I understand why people do it. To me, it just sounds like an ingenuine way of saying thank you for watching my channel.

It really depends on the scenario.

• If the chat has helped motivate you or provide solid advice, or you're watching a moment with the viewer, then it works.
  • If something happened on-track that was all your own doing, then use I.

They can be interchangeable depending on context, and there's nothing wrong with having the audience be a part of the expeirence.

Here's an example where I use both.

Last edited:
It really depends on the scenario.

• If the chat has helped motivate you or provide solid advice, or you're watching a moment with the viewer, then it works.
  • If something happened on-track that was all your own doing, then use I.

They can be interchangeable depending on context, and there's nothing wrong with having the audience be a part of the expeirence.

Here's an example where I use both.
100% agree with this. For intros, outros, and ideas/plans, We works better.
For specific, visible actions, I works better.
Eg- Hey guys, today we’ll be trying to finish first. I’m going to select the medium tyres at the start of the race.

Very hard to stream for hours on end and not be reputative, much like being a DJ on the radio trying to come up with new stuff to say. Yes some catch phrases can be annoying over and over but I would challenge anyone who has never streamed to try it and see how difficult it is to keep it going before thinking it's an easy thing to do.

Back