stress relief

  • Thread starter Thread starter nissan man
  • 30 comments
  • 1,135 views
Messages
178
Imagine this:
You have just completed the game. It has taken 3 months solid play (well, near enough). You save the game and you feel very happy. All of a sudden there is an electrical surge and your playstation isnt properly protected.(there is a thunderstorm outside if you hadent guessed). Smoke starts coming from your PS2 and the memory card chip cracks.

Now the question is...



What would you do?
 
collect yourself and stay calm, b/c you know you'll be able to buy another one... then clear your thoughts of the fact that you have lost 3 months worth GT in one single spark. Breath deeply....... and curse at the top of your lungs!!! :goofy: j/k just relax. at least you're still alive.
 
Go to the garage, find a nice sturdy lenth of rope and tie yourself a noose. Seriously though, what better time to restart than now?
 
Well, the game is completed so it wouldn't matter too much because I would start again, so I would repair the PS2 (or buy new one) which I would be annoyed at, and buy another mem card.

But, my mem card wouldn't have just GT4 on it, it would have several other games too so I would go pretty beserk. :)
 
Get my PS2 replaced under extended warranty hopefully (I don't know if there's an "acts of God" clause), buy a new memory card and restore game save from backup.
 
If the PS2 was damaged sufficiently for it to be cheaper to buy a new one I'd smash the crap out of it because what else are you going to do with a broked PS2? Failing that, just go for a nice long drive to clear your head.
 
I'd take it as a divine sign of God, who is telling me to get my ass off the friggin' couch and go do something productive!

Until such a thing happens to me, I'll continue being a couch potato and playing GT4. :D
 
curse and swear at my misfortune. then buy a new ps2, a new memory card and get started on all my games. again.
 
Reload the last backup onto the second card. Dig out one of the three other PS2s. Carry on.
 
The game was finished. Good reason to call it quits and try to re-discover that Bright Yellow Thing that makes you draw the courtains so you can see all the detail on the game....
 
Scream some very colorful phrases and perhaps throw the DS2.

Then I probably would just curse my misfortune, and not start the game again for a long time.
 
4. But one's NTSC/J.
 
I have my original (which is retired from GT4 use), a broken one I fixed (£37 from eBay) which is only used for GT4, another broken one I fixed (£35 from eBay) for use by "her" (Jak & Daxter/Spyro/Crash Bandicoot games) and the NTSC/J slimline one for my NTSC/J GT1/2/3/4/Concept 2001 games.
 
Famine
Reload the last backup onto the second card. Dig out one of the three other PS2s. Carry on.

x2.

But I'd probably take a long hostile drive first and attack the first ten corners I see at full clip... wait... I do that even when I'm not pissed off... :dopey:
 
Famine
I have my original (which is retired from GT4 use), a broken one I fixed (£37 from eBay) which is only used for GT4, another broken one I fixed (£35 from eBay) for use by "her" (Jak & Daxter/Spyro/Crash Bandicoot games) and the NTSC/J slimline one for my NTSC/J GT1/2/3/4/Concept 2001 games.

:drool: :drool: :drool: you must be good at fixing them then eh?
 
I would start a new game and Do all race in a-spec. the only thing that would make me cry is the lost of my ps2 and mem card
 
nissan man
:drool: :drool: :drool: you must be good at fixing them then eh?

Not especially. People are just good at throwing things away when they don't work and the warranty has expired, without investigating if a 2 minute fix, only requiring a crosshead screwdriver and a magic marker, will solve the problem.

Fixed one #1 - the main PS2 now - has managed a cumulative total of over four days of just RACING in GT4, never mind everything else, including being left on for a full week while I A-specced the Ring 24hr.
 
ExigeExcel
Or people are bad at defining broken.

oh ma godz ma drive cover is broken (mine actually is) its unrepairable
 
These things are strong. 96 hours of racing... and still running smooth...
 
nissan man
Smoke starts coming from your PS2 and the memory card chip cracks.

Now the question is...


What would you do?

Well, firstly, I'd unplug the PS2 before it gets any worse, and secondly, I'd make sure there's no further fire to accompany the smoke. I'd then unplug any other unprotected electrical goods that I don't wish to see riding the lightning. :nervous:

What I'd do after that has pretty much already been covered by everyone in this thread with the notable exception of Famine, who has left me feeling somewhat underendowed. :sick:
 
Once the smoke is gone, you might be surprised that someone was sitting next to you for the last 3 months. I then think its time to start talking to your girlfriend/wife again...
 
Pull out my backup memory card and then commandeer my brother's PS2. He doesn't use it, nor does he own GT4. All he ever plays is Sim City 4 and Sims 2 on his PC.


This reminds me, I haven't backed up my save on the second card in a couple weeks.
 
Back