Stump me!!!

• Thread starter Bedhead
  • 50 comments
Good afternoon, all. I love playing guess that car, but since I'm going into automotive journalism, I need to make sure I know my cars! So post pics just like guess that car and try to stump me!!! If this is stupid, I'm sorry. I had a really good day and I'm excited.

Bedhead

ok then....

Attachments

• franticfrog.jpg
    franticfrog.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 174
1) So I get stumped on the first one. It looks like a cross between a Cisitalia and an Austin-Healey. I say it's a 50s car though...definately early 50s. there is a small badge on the grille, but the pic is too low-res to zoom in on :( Was it a concept? French? Italian?? I KNOW this car...I think...
2) Lagonda (Aston Martin)
3) AC Ace, Shelby Cobra 289, AC FIA 289...one of those!
4) 1970 Pontiac Firebird but maybe not. The side exhausts and rear bumper/reflectors are killing me!! Not to mention it looks like a Firebird with an L88 paint job and exhausts...maybe that is it??

Bedhead

Originally posted by miata13B
#1 What is the Dave Point?
#2 how many strokes does a rotary engine go through?

:lol: My bad.

1. The point where the steering axis crosses the ground plane. - May '02. The month that made me buy a Silvia. :)

2. Technically 4.

Originally posted by miata13B
#1 What is the Dave Point?
#2 how many strokes does a rotary engine go through?
*cough* Dave Coleman worshipper *cough*
;)

Bedhead, do you think you could possibly do me an enourmous favor and PM or email me what you're doing to get involved in automotive journalism. I'm extremely interested in the field and am good at photography and writing, and that would be the perfect job for me, at least I think. Are you majoring in journalism? What other courses are you taking in order to look qualified? Thanks so much if you can answer those questions and/or some things along those lines.
If anyone else knows anything about this field, go nuts as well.

Originally posted by Monster7
The guy is a genius! :D

And SCC is one of the few mags that are for real.
I agree. It's the only "tuning" magazine I read, and Dave Coleman's tech sections are always something I either never knew, or didn't know enough about. Really informative/smart guy.

Originally posted by Monster7
:lol: My bad.

1. The point where the steering axis crosses the ground plane. - May '02. The month that made me buy a Silvia. :)

2. Technically 4.
got you on a technicality on question number 2, a rotary doesn't have pistons, but I'll give that to you :D

How many body panels did the Metro 6R4 Group B rally car share with it's roadgoing BL/Rover Metro counterpart?

Post 14 - Porsche Carrera GT
Post 25 - Holden Monaro

Where did he go?

Could be a Vauxhall Monaro... Vauxhall have wisely chosen not to put their badge on the nose...

Back