Stunters

• Thread starter highlifeGT
  • 26 comments
Street stunting is stupid, illegal, dangerous, but the real problem with it is that law enforcement agencies and legislative bodies don't know the difference between stupid hooligans like that and the rest of us who ride responsibly, and we have to put up with the treatment we get from them because of the likes of you.

Oh, and pointing us to your Myspace page is spamming.

Run along, now.

Street stunting is stupid, illegal, dangerous, but the real problem with it is that law enforcement agencies and legislative bodies don't know the difference between stupid hooligans like that and the rest of us who ride responsibly, and we have to put up with the treatment we get from them because of the likes of you.

I second this statement, it's fine if you're on a track, private land whatever, not my thing but I dont mind if it's being done in a controlled environment (no a car park is NOT a controlled environment just to make that clear). Doing it in public spaces, streets etc. is what raises our insurance prices, makes the police follow me for no reason, makes other road users generally treat me like a hooligan just for riding my choice of machine.

I'll admit sometimes I go a little fast, but only on the local back roads where an hours ride will likely see about 10 cars and I had a few drag races on some private land with my friend, but I still stay under the speed limit even on the back roads (or very very little over if I'm honest, we're talking 10mph max on the long high visibility straights with nothing around).

Quoted for truth.

If a "stunter" falls off his bike, I'll be the last to call 911 and/or offer assistance.

wfooshee

Well, not really...it's on topic.

If you must ride like an idiot please do me a favor:
Take ten seconds and sign the organ donor portion on the back of your license.
Oh and ride without your helmet.

While I wish you no harm, If you are going to engage in behavior that is likely to get you killed, you might as well help some poor soul out with your death.

Hell, if your kidneys, heart, lungs, liver, eyes and skin are in good shape you could potentially save the lives of as many as six people with your organs, restore the sight of 2 people, and provide grafts for numerous others.

Happy "stunting".👍

whoh! fellas, beside my early "stupid" years of being a squid and pissing off cops, I became a responcible stunter. What i mean is, I got with some other pro's, semi-pro's, and drove my bike up to a industrial lot in a pickup where we sectioned off areas, practiced in a controlled environment. etc. We're talking about wheelies that are 5-15 mph. Cops in the area were actually supportive for the most part and occationally watched us, because the impact of Socal stunters who are legit has cause others who are interested in the hobbie sport to come OFF the street, and into a place where its much more secure and controlled. -you just need a permit from the lot owner.

I knew the reactions would be like this, and this is precisely why I posted. guys who do fast / bad wheelies on the freeway are idiots no doubt, but the uprising of professional stunting, is beggining to have an impact on riders here in Socal, and the streets in San Diego NOW have less squids and idiots because of it. It also helps that the cops will now take your bike from you and auction it off if caught stunting or racing. LOL

Don't hate the sport, just the bad apples who cause our highway accidents with wheelie wipeouts and collisions. I'm not one of them.

anyone here like doin whoolies? :)

I figure there's got to be someone here who gets their front end off the ground.
My vids are here:http://www.myspace.com/sicjim

OK.. Took my precious time to look at the first video - And I am truly sorry, but if you want to impress anyone with stupidity, at least best the Starboyz or the likes - If not. Don't bother.

:-/

Gil
While I wish you no harm, If you are going to engage in behavior that is likely to get you killed, provide grafts for numerous others.

Happy "stunting".👍

If you learned the right way, Parking lot stunting is the same as doing a track day in a car, or going to a skate park. Both have the potential to get you killed. There are risks. A controlled environment is key...so no highways, only lots.

I watched one of the videos from the link and found myself staring at some riders on the street with traffic around popping wheelies. You didn't explain all this industrial lot stuff in the OP, so you shouldn't be surprised with the results. As long as you're on some sort of private land, go for it. I still won't take any interest in it but I won't be hating you for it.

OK.. Took my precious time to look at the first video - And I am truly sorry, but if you want to impress anyone with stupidity, at least best the Starboyz or the likes - If not. Don't bother.

:-/

I posted it for kicks, not to show off bro. And those vids are from my early days. This post was intended to stir up discussion, which it has. = ) ...not to critique my vids.

I watched one of the videos from the link and found myself staring at some riders on the street with traffic around popping wheelies. You didn't explain all this industrial lot stuff in the OP, so you shouldn't be surprised with the results. As long as you're on some sort of private land, go for it. I still won't take any interest in it but I won't be hating you for it.

fine with me. If figured someone might have an interest or story. I don't even stunt anymore. Its just fun to shoot the sh__ about it sometimes.

How about the one that shows the 2 or 3 guys in wheelies next to the police car?

Too late to back off, dude, you presented it as street stunting, and that's what's in your vids.

How about the one that shows the 2 or 3 guys in wheelies next to the police car?

Too late to back off, dude, you presented it as street stunting, and that's what's in your vids.
Ah!...ya got me dude. BUSTED. your right, I did street stunt, and the pictures are great arent they?
lol, I'm really getting a kick out of these responses. It's like I spat in some of your faces...

I hope you read my earlier posts. I already admitted I used to stunt in the streets back in the earlier days. I clearly stated street stunting is idiotic...(but it's still a ton of fun). -Especially when sally's like you are along for the ride.
:P

Last edited:
I second this statement, it's fine if you're on a track, private land whatever, not my thing but I dont mind if it's being done in a controlled environment (no a car park is NOT a controlled environment just to make that clear). Doing it in public spaces, streets etc. is what raises our insurance prices, makes the police follow me for no reason, makes other road users generally treat me like a hooligan just for riding my choice of machine.

I'll admit sometimes I go a little fast, but only on the local back roads where an hours ride will likely see about 10 cars and I had a few drag races on some private land with my friend, but I still stay under the speed limit even on the back roads (or very very little over if I'm honest, we're talking 10mph max on the long high visibility straights with nothing around).

and I call BS on you.
I've seen more riders that I take to telegraph canyon road eat Sh$% than I have seen riders wipe out doing stunts. Noob Morons with minty bikes who think they have a nack for cornering with their 2009 600cc "beginner bikes" are the ones that endanger the roads. Every stunter I rode with knew exactly what we were doing. But i rode with some unique people, so dont get me wrong, the biker "clubs" out here in Socal have some dangerously stupid riders who do eveything wrong when it comes to riding.

Run along, now.

the difference between hoologans like me and a guy like you is I can do wheelies.
And reguarding your rant above, since "the" sport bike has been on the road, there were complaints against them from all over. Stunting hasnt ruined our rep with cops, it was an evolution of idiots, one after the other going too fast, and killing themselves. Seriously, dont post on my thread with BS like that. Instead post up a pic of what you ride. Now I'm curious. My guess is you ride a Honda Shadow, or an SV650. perhaps a Katana?

Last edited:
and I call BS on you.
I've seen more riders that I take to telegraph canyon road eat Sh$% than I have seen riders wipe out doing stunts. Noob Morons with minty bikes who think they have a nack for cornering with their 2009 600cc "beginner bikes" are the ones that endanger the roads. Every stunter I rode with knew exactly what we were doing. But i rode with some unique people, so dont get me wrong, the biker "clubs" out here in Socal have some dangerously stupid riders who do eveything wrong when it comes to riding.

I ride a Yamaha DT125 (yes 125!) Supermoto made strictly for tarmac racing with sports tyres and newly set forks and dampers. They wipe out because they exceed the roads limit, the speed limit for these roads (also used as a rally stage a couple of times a year) is 60mph, and I am rarely above that and never above 70. Hardly an '09 600CC bike either. My point is even if I wipe out, I present only the danger I will have willingly put on myself, so it's my fault and I only hurt me if I am stupid enough to go over the limit in an unsafe environment. If I wheelie down a street I'll already be presenting a large distraction to other road users which could cause numerous issues without even falling off.

Seriously, dont post on my thread with BS like that.

YOUR thread on a public forum (which you are not a staff member of) open to anyone who creates an account. You have came in showing videos of clearly illegal things, triple posted, claimed ownership of something in a public place and used swear words (putting _ and still giving us obvious clues to what the word is still swearing as has been discussed during a thread in the GT5P section, putting **** was no better). You're treading very thin ice for someone who's only been a member a month. Not trying to claim I'm a better member etc. but you're getting close to an infraction which you'd be better off avoiding.

And my **** means rofl, to balance out the negativity in this post :)

Last edited:
the difference between hoologans like me and a guy like you is I can do wheelies.

Oops, my bad. I somehow missed the earlier presentation of credentials. :dopey:

And reguarding your rant above, since "the" sport bike has been on the road, there were complaints against them from all over. Stunting hasnt ruined our rep with cops, it was an evolution of idiots, one after the other going too fast, and killing themselves.

I agree with parts of that. Too many people get into biking with the flashiest bike they can obtain. Getting a bike they can handle and learn to ride with is just too embarrassing to contemplate, so they're not gonna show themselves on a GS500, they need the 600 sportbike to be cool enough to be seen in public. The fact that they know nothing about bikes or riding somehow never factors in. But street stunting is the same class of carelessness as squids zipping through traffic at double the speed, splitting lanes and running lights. It's the use of public venues as private playgrounds, no matter the actual activity.

Now I'm curious. My guess is you ride a Honda Shadow, or an SV650. perhaps a Katana?

Your curiousity would have been easily satisifed with a search on wfooshee's posts in the motorcycle forum.

Since you apparently can't be bothered, I ride an FJR1300 as my daily driver and for weekend rides, to the tune of at least 1200 miles monthly, in any weather except ice (not much of that here, though.) As for wheelies, I don't ride down the road standing on the pegs with the front wheel 3 feet in the air. Not on a 650-pound bike. I like my fork seals to stay in the forks, and I like the way my steering head works, all smooth and everything. That's not to say I haven't lifted the front wheel in a little power pull while running hard in the lower gears, and I don't much ride the speed limit. (I do stay within 10 of the limit, though. :indiff:)

The reaction to your thread makes it pretty obvious that even though there are a lot of riders on GTPlanet, the responsibility level is probably higher than you expected. This is not a stunter forum, and nobody here glorifies the crap that stunters pull on the highways.

If you don't like how we feel about it, then take it elsewhere. Don't come on here telling us we're wrong about it, though.

I like stunting. I was getting pretty good once but then thought better of eventually tearing up my bike that way. I never went down but knew that to be really good I knew I would have to. I can still say that I've never done a wheelie on the highway but side streets near your typical warehouse I can't say the same. I’m pretty much done with doing it for myself because I can enjoy motorcycling in other ways. I no longer need to ride on the edge weather it be on one wheel or acting like speed racer in the canyons. It sucks to grow up sometimes. I still get a kick out of watching the new things guys can do. A circle-highchair still seems impossible to do and I can’t imagine the skill involved.

Do what you do and keep yourself AND the others around you safe. This is not a motorcycle site and you wont get much love here so I hope it doesn’t get you too turned off to GTP with the bashing you might get.

If you don't like how we feel about it, then take it elsewhere. Don't come on here telling us we're wrong about it, though.

"WE" ??? You dont represent all the users here.
Well the original post was asking if anyone did wheelies from time to time, not "what is your opinion?" But thats certainly not to say I'm not interested in hearing it. There are some strong reactions here, and though I dont agree, It's making for a good discussion. Keep em comin

Last edited:
I like stunting. I was getting pretty good once but then thought better of eventually tearing up my bike that way. I never went down but knew that to be really good I knew I would have to. I can still say that I've never done a wheelie on the highway but side streets near your typical warehouse I can't say the same. I’m pretty much done with doing it for myself because I can enjoy motorcycling in other ways. I no longer need to ride on the edge weather it be on one wheel or acting like speed racer in the canyons. It sucks to grow up sometimes. I still get a kick out of watching the new things guys can do. A circle-highchair still seems impossible to do and I can’t imagine the skill involved.

Do what you do and keep yourself AND the others around you safe. This is not a motorcycle site and you wont get much love here so I hope it doesn’t get you too turned off to GTP with the bashing you might get.

I feel the same way about reasons for quiting. 4 wheels is much more fun for me now, and the track days and auto cross are WAY more fun than breaking a wrist in a parking lot. = P (2 times is the charm.)
And yes, Highchair wheelies are damn near imposible. Best thing I could ever do was slow combos, no circles. lol. -maybe a few old school bar tricks.

I feel the same way about reasons for quiting. 4 wheels is much more fun for me now, and the track days and auto cross are WAY more fun than breaking a wrist in a parking lot. = P (2 times is the charm.)
And yes, Highchair wheelies are damn near imposible. Best thing I could ever do was slow combos, no circles. lol. -maybe a few old school bar tricks.

Unrelated
Please use the edit button rather then making multiple posts in a row, I can see you edited your post before this one AFTER posting this one above, in the 10 posts you've made this thread they could be condensed into 6.

Unrelated
Please use the edit button rather then making multiple posts in a row, I can see you edited your post before this one AFTER posting this one above, in the 10 posts you've made this thread they could be condensed into 6.
True.

We also have a multiquote feature
multiquote_off.gif
which can be used to quote more than one post in a single one of your posts.

I wasn't hatin' on you.
A good many years ago I used to ride in the dirt with my friends.
Motorcycles are fun.

That said, I've not been on one in over a quarter of a century.
I'm not likely to ever ride again. Way too many cars out there for my comfort zone.
Add to that, I spent 8 years of my career as a rehab nurse.
I've taken care of a number of bikers that got themselves hurt.
Some minding their own business when a car turned left in front of them.
More than one got pitched off when the bike "high-sided".

Knowing what I know, and having seen what I've seen, I'm sometimes not very nice to people that SEEM to be trying to get killed.

I'm crap at wheelies. They knacker the clutch and wear out your chain and sprockets.
Try getting your knee down, that's much more fun.

I'm crap at wheelies. They knacker the clutch and wear out your chain and sprockets.
Try getting your knee down, that's much more fun.

Not to mention your sorry headstock bearings :-/

Another point that I have been thinking on recently, The only reason motorcycles are still on the road, is that they were invented over 100 years ago.

If the damn things were invented a year ago, NHTSA would say "Neat idea, but way too dangerous for use on the highways and byways."
Hell, I remember when the 3-Wheeled ATV was a brand new concept. I also remember them lasting about 5 years in the dirt scene as "toys" before being banned.

My problem with bikes in a nutshell, I started seeing people get hurt BADLY on them from the first day I rode.
Inside of a year I saw 4 of my friends get hurt badly on motorcycles. ! with a deep gash on his leg requiring some 141 stitches to close up, and the other 3 broke some bones.
Granted, one of them managed to run over himself with a Mo-Ped and break his own arm.:lol:
The point is that it's easy to get busted up on a bike, just riding over to the grocery store. Add some "risk-taking" behavior and the possibility of getting hurt goes up exponentially.
A lot of my neighbors ride, and have for many years. They all say that it's a lot of fun, but that when it comes to laying down a bike, it's a matter of when it's gonna happen, not if.

Back