STUPID LAPPED CARS!!!!!!

• Thread starter Blair mann
  • 67 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Actually sick off losing races because of stupid lapped cars when I am the fastest on track. Today on suzuka I was first and was dominating the race i was really happy with my performance. Perfect safety rating until I came up to about 3 lapped are what held me up for a few seconds each and all hit me and wouldn't let me past. So the guy in second ended up winning I was so angry because haven't won a sport race in a while since getting to SR S and DR A and racing against the top guys. I just don't get how I should be penalised for being the fastest on track by stupid people who don't understand blue flag. I think this really needs to be addressed maybe make the lapped cars ghost when passing. Doesn't matter what SR you are in I am in the top S and you still will get some idiot at the back. In my opinion if you are able to lap a car within 6 Laps of suzuka why are they getting matched up with you. Another example was when I was doing a 1hr nurburgring race with full damage I was 45 mins in winning and I was lapping someone and he hit me and the car was done, 45 minutes of my life wasted because some slow idiot if you are able to lap someone on the nurburgring 24h in 45 mins when each lap is 10 mins they shouldn't be playing the game in my opinion. Sorry for the rant pissed off about this hope some people share this opinion and want a fix by them ghosting or something thanks.

Start DQing lapped cars if they do it. Certain number of incidents then you get banned for a week. They'll soon stop

Unfortunately PD wouldn't dare do such things to their target market which for this iteration seems to be every noob and his dog, That's why everything is so dumbed down to appeal to the masses and not those who want to have fun and clean races.

No one will take any notice of blue flags unless there's a penalty for ignoring them... then there will be more whining about penalties.

The faster driver should be able to work their way through the back markers.

Unfortunately PD wouldn't dare do such things to their target market which for this iteration seems to be every noob and his dog, That's why everything is so dumbed down to appeal to the masses and not those who want to have fun and clean races.

OP is DR A SR S... he won't be racing against noobs... they won't get to either of those levels.

I've only run 6 on lines races so far, and got to B/S... the step up in driver skills and clean racing between DR C and DR B is significant... almost all the idiots are filtered out by the time you get to this level.

No one will take any notice of blue flags unless there's a penalty for ignoring them... then there will be more whining about penalties.

The faster driver should be able to work their way through the back markers.

OP is DR A SR S... he won't be racing against noobs... they won't get to either of those levels.

I've only run 6 on lines races so far, and got to B/S... the step up in driver skills and clean racing between DR C and DR B is significant... almost all the idiots are filtered out by the time you get to this level.

Trolls can still be fast, Its easy for people to game the system PD implemented, The whole qualifying with no pressure doesn't help, A 1 lap master can time trial as much as he likes and qualify better than someone who is more consistent in a race so the one lap guy might be much slower overall and decide balls to it ill troll the leaders because the system is so easily gamed.

My noob comment was a blanket statement that is all but I do believe it plays a part in the problem, Who is the game for really its a mishmash to appeal to different demographics and that in itself causes issues with the whole rating system when its so poorly implemented.

Trolls can still be fast, Its easy for people to game the system PD implemented, The whole qualifying with no pressure doesn't help, A 1 lap master can time trial as much as he likes and qualify better than someone who is more consistent in a race so the one lap guy might be much slower overall and decide balls to it ill troll the leaders because the system is so easily gamed.

My noob comment was a blanket statement that is all but I do believe it plays a part in the problem, Who is the game for really its a mishmash to appeal to different demographics and that in itself causes issues with the whole rating system when its so poorly implemented.

It's early days for the game. In time, the casual players will move on to the latest 'new thing', leaving the game for the hardcore GT fans... on line will have less people, but will also have less idiots.

Actually sick off losing races because of stupid lapped cars when I am the fastest on track. Today on suzuka I was first and was dominating the race i was really happy with my performance. Perfect safety rating until I came up to about 3 lapped are what held me up for a few seconds each and all hit me and wouldn't let me past. So the guy in second ended up winning I was so angry because haven't won a sport race in a while since getting to SR S and DR A and racing against the top guys. I just don't get how I should be penalised for being the fastest on track by stupid people who don't understand blue flag. I think this really needs to be addressed maybe make the lapped cars ghost when passing. Doesn't matter what SR you are in I am in the top S and you still will get some idiot at the back. In my opinion if you are able to lap a car within 6 Laps of suzuka why are they getting matched up with you. Another example was when I was doing a 1hr nurburgring race with full damage I was 45 mins in winning and I was lapping someone and he hit me and the car was done, 45 minutes of my life wasted because some slow idiot if you are able to lap someone on the nurburgring 24h in 45 mins when each lap is 10 mins they shouldn't be playing the game in my opinion. Sorry for the rant pissed off about this hope some people share this opinion and want a fix by them ghosting or something thanks.

Just apply this, different game yes, but the same logic applies:

It's early days for the game. In time, the casual players will move on to the latest 'new thing', leaving the game for the hardcore GT fans... on line will have less people, but will also have less idiots.

Being a "hardcore GT fan" does not make someone either clever,fast or clean driver.

The problem is though that lets be honest the physics aren't the best its dumbed down for the casuals and once they inevitably leave for the next big thing the hardcore generally cleaner players who will stick around for the e-sports aspect are still going to be stuck with shonky faux-sim physics.

Stuff happens and that's the dangers of back markers which adds to the element of racing, they aren't always aware of you and initially to them you're just the car behind trying to grab their position, and it's worse if three back markers are racing each other because the onus is on you to overtake safely, you wasn't penalised for being the fastest you just wasn't able to negotiate around back markers properly whereas P2 probably was better at this than you. I'm just saying so dont get hurt.

I'm not the fastest driver but I know after being knocked of the track I'm consistently able to climb back from 17th or 16th position up into 5th or 4th place because of consistency, basically what I'm saying is some are better at overtaking and some are faster whereas there are few who are consistently good at both.

The problem is though that lets be honest the physics aren't the best its dumbed down for the casuals and once they inevitably leave for the next big thing the hardcore generally cleaner players who will stick around for the e-sports aspect are still going to be stuck with shonky faux-sim physics.

I don't get the criticism of the physics c.f. other console games... sure, as in previous GT's, the low speed grip is not modeled correctly, but it's no more dumbed down than previous versions. And the the supposed epitome of console physics, AC, also has parts of it's engine that aren't right. I haven't played Pcars... maybe that is 'perfect'.

The physics hasn't stopped previous versions having a long life span.

Back