Sub-3 Around Nurburgring Nordschleife

• Thread starter nijalninja
  • 31 comments
I was feeling sciency and looked up the speed of human nerve conduction. Apparently the fastest nerves conduct at 120 m/s (around 432 km/h or 270 mph). Taking the Nordschleife length of 20.8 km, if you do it under 3 minutes you will average 416 km/h. Pretty damn close to the limit of physiology :eek: Theoretically the absolute fastest laptime a human can do is around 2 minutes 53 seconds.

Famine and other smarter people than me will probably say I butchered the science here :lol:, but it's still pretty cool to see how close the SRT guys are to reaching their goal (making a car close to limit of human reflex) 👍
That is pretty cool, but I think that you could actually do it faster, simply with memorising and marginalising the track, which may sound wierd, but if you could simply look at the lap you had to do as a combination of moves, you could probably go further. This unfortunately is kind of hard, becuase a lap is not just as a simple as hitting buttons when you need to, but I am sure someone could, with immense practice, learn the track and car that well, that they simply dont need reactions, where each lap is clinically the same.

Interesting even if only ridiculous.

Back