Suggestion about the Livery Editor Competitions

The method I use for gathering entries is to go through the whole thread, quote each post then copy and paste into a PM with the Poll host so I can edit the code. I then have to go through each entry, deleting any unecessary text/links, space the images evenly and format the spoilers so everything is the same. Once I/we have the images all set out it's easier to spot any issues such as image size or photo settings.

So for me, the less random stuff I have to delete/change the better (I'd rather we didn't have the whole bonus shot thing but I know that's a sore subject for many).

The method I use for gathering entries is to go through the whole thread, quote each post then copy and paste into a PM with the Poll host so I can edit the code. I then have to go through each entry, deleting any unecessary text/links, space the images evenly and format the spoilers so everything is the same. Once I/we have the images all set out it's easier to spot any issues such as image size or photo settings.

So for me, the less random stuff I have to delete/change the better (I'd rather we didn't have the whole bonus shot thing but I know that's a sore subject for many).
The way I understand it, it would be easier to quote « clean » posts on more pages than to edit the current posts, am I right ?

The way I understand it, it would be easier to quote « clean » posts on more pages than to edit the current posts, am I right ?
Yes, if each entry was:

FINAL ENTRY
[IMAGE 1]
[IMAGE 2]
[SPOILER - BONUS SHOT(S)]

Description & Links etc

That would certainly be less deleting, though I imagine there'd still be some spacing and formatting to work at, but that's not impossible.

Although I can understand it will make the poll creation easier, I think it will not work.

If you spot a mistake in an entry, how did you inform the contributor ? A quote in another thread ? Some people will follow this rule, but humanity is made so the primal answer will be « tell him right now » !

Another suggestion was made : making the FINAL ENTRY with pictures only, and the text with description and precision in a double post. Having never made a poll myself I wonder what is easier ? Less pages with text to delete, or clean empty posts but more messages in the thread ? Only @daan , @BLiTZ and @syntex123 can answer that...
A tag in another topic would work nice imho, but it is indeed as you said. Almost nobody reads the rules, as we all have noticed by now, with the constant DQs for wrong Scape/size or the various posts of "this is what I wanted to do but it does not fit/it's too late/I'm not that much happy with it, so I'll post it regardless because why not".

Would the double post be suitable, should anyone want to add some background to their entry? I agree on making a clean post with just final entry and the pics to help the poll makers, but at the same time I like it when people add more personal stuff into their work and share it. Double posting would solve it, but then again, it is forbidden for a reason.

Double posting would solve it, but then again, it is forbidden for a reason.
I think it is forbidden to avoid trolling and messing in the threads. In this particular case, I think it won’t be an issue. I’ll update the rules for the next round and we’ll try to see if it works better.

Back