Suitable monitors for Gt omega art racing cockpit

• Thread starter Moloko
  • 8 comments
United Kingdom
Northern Ireland
Standard_control
Hi guys I've recently moved house and managed to get my rig set back up again albeit in a slightly more constricted area than I'm used to.

The lack of room has forced me to opt for a monitor setup and the mount for that is coming shortly in the post. ( gt omega's own single monitor stand) which mount's straight onto the rig itself.

I just need some advice on which monitors to go for and if anyone here has experience with this rig with a monitor attached.

My budget is £300. Thanks guys.

Heres the office.
1558126044895-1769460840.jpg

I have that rig and the monitor stand, it works fine, I have a 34 inch ultrawide attached to it.
One thing I will say though is that if you get movement on the wheel deck from the ffb then the monitor will shake as well, it is not really noticeable when you are racing though, only if you are watching someone race.

Alright. The wheel I use is a g29. I'm just hoping that the ffb from that won't affect the monitor too much. What wheel do you have @F1Aussie

You will be fine with a g29, I had a T500, but now a fanatec direct drive but I have reinforced the wheel deck so it won't move much until I get my new 8020 rig.

Hi guys I've recently moved house and managed to get my rig set back up again albeit in a slightly more constricted area than I'm used to.

The lack of room has forced me to opt for a monitor setup and the mount for that is coming shortly in the post. ( gt omega's own single monitor stand) which mount's straight onto the rig itself.

I just need some advice on which monitors to go for and if anyone here has experience with this rig with a monitor attached.

My budget is £300. Thanks guys.

Heres the office.
View attachment 821664
Say man, what monitor did you go for in the end? I’m in the same boat as you and not sure what to get, any advice?

@Jamie duerden Hi mate, i got a SAMSUNG - C27F398 Full HD 27 Curved LED Monitor. I think its a va panel which gives great colors and it was really cheap (£180). It has a game mode aswell which lowers the input lag slightly. I'm pretty happy with it and couldn't fault it to be honest!

Here's how the office looks now!

15723111072781038570129.jpg

@Jamie duerden Hi mate, i got a SAMSUNG - C27F398 Full HD 27 Curved LED Monitor. I think its a va panel which gives great colors and it was really cheap (£180). It has a game mode aswell which lowers the input lag slightly. I'm pretty happy with it and couldn't fault it to be honest!

Here's how the office looks now!

View attachment 861103
Cheers for the response pal, I’m tying myself up in knots regarding screen size, refresh rates, input lags, future proofing for ps5, all sorts. I had thought 27” myself but someone I talk too is roughly the same distance from the screen as me and he uses a 40”, that really threw me as that seemed way to big, looking at your setup tho 27” seems more than fine, mmmm decisions, decisions....appreciate your advice.

I went for that one man because it's the most bang for buck and the ps5 is more than a year away so I can upgrade when it comes out, i can sell this one which won't have lost much money in value!

Back