Super GT General DiscussionTouring Cars 

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 41 comments
  • 6,865 views

CodeRedR51

Premium
Messages
56,006
United States
United States
Figured I would start this thread since I have heard a couple of things during the live streams recently. And I am shocked that we don't have an updated Super GT thread given that it offers some of the best racing on this planet.

2026 Schedule:

1773016788349.webp
 
Last edited:
First test completed, but cut short due to bad weather.

 
New engine for the GT300 BRZ

Was quite ironic that shortly after the commentators were talking about it, they blew an engine in qualifying. They have had miserable luck this season.

Great race at Autopolis last weekend. Honda were nowhere in qualifying and then decimated during the race. Nissan with zero luck, one car penalized for no reason and another taken out. Factory cars couldn't stay away from each other and it almost cost one of them a finish.
 
Season finale at Motegi this weekend! All speed, no ballast!

Can Honda steal the title after being a no-show all season? No less than TEN teams can take the GT300 title.

Going to be a crazy one!
 
Last edited:
Mach5 are race winners! Mother chassis can still put up a fight. Shame to see Subaru lose given how strong the race started for them. Will be interesting to see how they go next season with a new engine. I assume it will be a newer version of the boxer. Kondo Nissan losing the championship by 1 point stings as a Nissan fan.

Not super excited to see the AU Supra win it's 3rd championship in a row. I hope that others can put up a good fight next season. Nissan reducing to 3 cars makes the odds against them even greater, and it's unknown how the Prelude will do on it's debut.
 
Last edited:
Honda and Nissan were at Fuji doing some 2026 testing.

 
Shade Racing is switching to the Lexus RC-F in GT300.

 
Edit: ignore
 
Last edited:
:lol: Too funny. My wife told her brother she bought a Civic(FD). He immediately responded with telling her to get some Mugen parts.

Can't wait to read where this is going.
 
Shade Racing is switching to the Lexus RC-F in GT300.



Edit: I replied to the wrong message Ignore this one.
 
Last edited:
Subaru has switched to the EJ33 6 cylinder for GT300 this season.

 
Rookie Racing expanding into GT300 for 2026.

 
Pre-season testing. If you go to this youtube channel they have more.

 
Last edited:
I've become interested in watching Super GT thanks to the lovely videos made by @Roflwaffle .

How can I follow the series from Slovakia, in the EU?
 
I've become interested in watching Super GT thanks to the lovely videos made by @Roflwaffle .

How can I follow the series from Slovakia, in the EU?
Races were exclusive to Motorsport.tv, but they just merged with Autosport.com and should be available there? This was the email I was sent:

1771649884942.webp
 
Max in a GT500 car at Fuji. Possible Sepang wildcard?



 
Last edited:
That’s cool. Can’t wait to race it in PMR. ;)
 
Last edited:
Back