Super Street the Game (2018) (Steam, PS4, and XBone)

Antarctica
TRAPPIST-1g
ProjectWHaT
http://www.superstreet-thegame.com/

superstreet-thegame.jpg

The first official Super Street Game

Get ready to experience Super Street right from your home! Evolved from a magazine to a lifestyle brand, we bring you the next step: the first official Super Street game. This arcade race game will bring you everything that you love about Super Street: from cars and technology to the passion to become a legendary street racer!

Built for the greasemonkeys

One of the core features of the Super Street game is that you start from scrap! As you progress, you’ll be able to collect parts from over 100 authentic brands and build your ultimate ride. In Super Street you don’t buy your ride, you build it. Stay tuned for more upcoming features!

Published by Lion Caste, developed by Team 6,

I'm really surprised no one is talking about this. SS seems to be taking this pretty seriously as they are still teasing pictures and ideas on their IG. I'd like to see someone give NFS a run for their money.

All I want to know before anything else is if there is stylistic handling.... by that I mean what sort of Arcade physics will they be deploying.

Some games only do drift/no-drift, some do slippery tires, some do car pivoting, some trigger a drift only if you brake...

I've spent many hours replaying a single event in NFS 2010 to understand the physics in and out, and as much as I love how that shaped the metagame for racing online, the actual handling at low speeds made the car's actions feel forced, and it also made the game feel linear.

Arcade physics aren't necessarily terrible though. I like to compare it less to simulation and treat it more like a puzzle of understanding the quirks and perks of what can and can't be done in this game's universe.

On paper, I should be really excited about this game because it is another game created with a focus on illegal street racing and car customisation. It even has the backing of a popular tuner culture magazine, which is also great. However, there is something I can't ignore....

Published by Lion Caste, developed by Team 6

Weren't they responsible for that horrible third entry in the FlatOut series no-one had ever heard of? :ill: That doesn't fill me with much hope.

One of the most important guys working on this, is our very own veteran engineer Andrew Brown. He cut his teeth in the game industry over fifteen years ago, and has since then worked on various racing titles like Shift 2: Unleashed and Wheelman. Besides that, he has even worked on the Unreal Engine 4 itself

As a player you start out by choosing a vehicle model, after which you get the possibility to select tons of parts. These vary from rims and body kits to dozens more types of car parts. You can even swap your whole engine! After this you can go deeper and start pursuing your own personal taste by specifying the paint colors and paint types you want to use for these parts. These can of course be combined. So it’s for example possible to mix a lime green metallic hood with a pearly purple front or rear bumper. It all depends on your own personal taste

Super Street is all about personalizing your own ride. In the game you’ll be able to do this both on a technical as a custom level. Each part you can customize your vehicle with, has its own benefits that have an overall effect on your vehicle’s performance. This means you’ll be able to build a car that suits your driving style. In addition, you can choose how your car should look color-wise.

the ‘Explode View’. This literally opens the vehicle piece by piece so you can see how all the customizable parts fit and work together.

engine_a.jpg

engine_b.jpg

engine_d.jpg

http://www.superstreet-thegame.com/...ion-with-our-veteran-programmer-andrew-brown/

At first I thought this would be pretty mediocre if the cars are unlicensed, but the intended depth of the build side is definitely interesting.

A lot of racing game YouTubers are hyping up the game but we've literally seen no in-game footage. And now, the game is just 3 months away from release. Something seems a bit off...

So now we have a bit more information about the game thanks to interviews conducted by LP-RIPPER24TV and Bourne15ive, plus a written Q&A on the official website. Also, there is a new screenshot:
sstg.jpg

So, there are some crucial pieces of information to take from the Q&A, some of which can make or break the game to some people:

• The game does not feature licensed cars in order to allow greater destruction and customisation to the cars
  • On the other hand, licensed parts from tuning companies can be installed onto your car.
  • Cars in the game are based on real-world tuner icons (like the Celica TA22 above)

Now this bit is important. In the career mode, you can only select one out of eight cars which start of as a "piece of junk" which barely runs into the ultimate street racing machine. This isn't the only car you will drive as you will be able to drive unique vehicles in sponsored events, but it is really the only car you can own.

September? Another game being released in SEPTEMBER?

I'm not gonna lie, the customisation appears to be light years ahead of any racing game we've seen this generation but this will definitely struggle to find an audience given its release date and developer's reputation.

New trailer showing an in-depth look at the physics and customisation

From Bourne15ive's commentary video, he highlights how the devs claim "we aim to bring back classic arcade racing". That's the biggest impression I got from the video as the handling and overall vibe seems to resemble most street racing games from 2003-2006. Also the garage features a number of scantily dressed women... The devs weren't kidding when they said they wanted to go old school. :rolleyes:

There is definitely a market for people wanting old school street racing games, but at its current price point, I think this is going to be a tough sell. Once the price dips below the £20 mark, I'll most likely pick it up.

I quite like the ''old school'' vibe they're going for and the customization options. However, I'll still have to pass, for the time being. If the game had more cars to choose from and an open world not looking or feeling completely empty, it could've actually been an interesting title.

Is this open world? It's looking like it could be.

There is the ability to drive in an open world environment, but there are two issues: As @MXH said, it is looking quite lifeless at this stage and the free roam feature is not available in multiplayer which compounds to the first problem.

Well those are early build videos and screenshots, so they might beef it up before the release.

Yeah, I mean, I have the bread, and I wanna keep that same energy and support, but I really wish they had a roadmap of upcoming content or something. Hopefully this game is mod-friendly too, but I'm 70% sure of buying on PC, despite the $50 price tag.

Game is out boys, but damn at $50 there is no way I'm picking it up right now.

Likewise, I can't see myself buying this at least until it is half price, plus the games market is too crowded right now. Depending on how the game is handled post-launch and mod support on PC, it could potentially be the spiritual successor to SLRR.

Likewise, I can't see myself buying this at least until it is half price, plus the games market is too crowded right now. Depending on how the game is handled post-launch and mod support on PC, it could potentially be the spiritual successor to SLRR.

I wouldn't even pick it up at half price unless they were literally giving it away for free on GwG or PS+.

I'd rather have it start at like $10 or $20. $50 for a game like this is a bit too much...

Correct me if I am wrong, but that is a preset vehicle for a sponsored race. You cannot turn any of the "junk" cars into that.

Ah, it was on a French Xbox post that I didn't translate.

Back