Super Taikyu Endurance Series - Rules&Registration!

• Thread starter GN+
  • 40 comments

GN+

staiv.png

For those of you that remember it from the Gran Turismo 2-4 era, it's back! This multi-class endurance series is the ultimate test of car, driver, and stamina. Emulating the real Super Taikyu N1 Endurance Series in Japan, the competition is ready to begin on Gran Turismo 5!
n789371201_972068_5748.jpg

The purpose of the Super Taikyu (Super Endurance) series is to demonstrate the speed and durability of, what are essentially road going vehicles. Divided into five classes, the goal of Super Taikyu from a competition standpoint is to allow racers the ability to always race. Whether the car-driver combination is competitive with those in its class is not the sole concern. In Taikyu there has always been a blend of the five classes to allow for cars that might have slower drivers, or which are built to a slower specification, to have competition. Similarly skilled drivers or quicker cars generally have a class above to race with. ST2-ST4 cars find themselves racing amongst one another, whereas ST1 and ST5 are more traditional classes, meaning, certainly in the case of ST1, they usually compete amongst themselves only. ST1 cars are purpose built, FIA styled racing machines, which provide close racing action. ST5 regulations have changed since the past, and now provides close competition among small Japanese hot hatches. ST2-ST4 are showroom stock racing machines with minimal modifications to allow them to perform on a racing circuit and at the same time be safe. Because of the limits on ST2-ST4 modifications, the result is mixed class racing. This season, there will be an special Experimental GT3 class known as ST-X.​

General Class Breakdown:

0001.jpg

STX: An FIA GT3-based class open to GTPlanet Series champions and race winners.

ST1: Cars with engines 3501cc and greater. Production derived, full fledged racing machines. Drive train is open. Forced induction is legal if factory stock, or in an attempt to equalize the cars.

ST2: Cars with engines 2001cc-3500cc. Modified production cars. Cars must be 4WD and equipped with forced induction from the factory.

ST3: Cars with engines 2001cc-3500cc. Modified production cars. RWD is legal, along with all engine positions.

ST4: Cars with 2001cc and less. Modified production cars. Must be front wheel drive(FWD) or rear wheel drive (RWD).

ST5: Cars with 1500cc and less. Modified production cars. Front-engine front wheel drive only.

Technical Regulations:

Engine/Intake/Exhaust/Turbo

ST1-ST5 All Superchargers, N/A Stages and Turbo Stages are legal. Assuming of course the competitor stays within the horsepower range for the given class and, at it’s very fastest the car makes lap times in the given range. For cars that COME WITH TURBOS FROM THE FACTORY, intercoolers are open.
ST1 Cars must use Exhaust & Air Filer: Racing.
ST2 Cars must use Exhaust & Air Filter: Racing.
ST3, ST4 Cars may use Sports or Semi-Racing exhausts. I.e. ST3, ST4 may not use Racing exhausts.
ST3 may use Air Filter: Racing.
ST5 Cars must use Exhaust & Air Filter: Sports.
**NEW RULE** The use of Power Limiter is now limited. The Power Limiter may only be used within a three-horsepower margin of error over official class standards for power.
ST1-ST5 Racing Chip is legal.
ST1-ST5 Sports Intake Manifold is legal.

Transmission/Drivetrain

Transmissions for ST1, ST3, and ST4 are open.
ST2, ST5 must use stock transmission.
ST1-ST5 All drive train components, Clutch, Flywheel, and LSD’s are open.

Body Work/Wings/Misc

ST1-ST5 Must use chassis reinforcement.
Weight Reduction will be limited to the minimum class KG restrictions.
Wings are mandatory if applicable.
Misc. aero parts are legal.
Wheel Selection is open.

Suspension

ST1-ST4 must use Fully Customizable Suspension Kits.
ST5 May use Fixed Sports or Height Adjustable Sports Kits.

Tires

ST1-ST4 must use Racing Medium slick tires.
ST5 must use Sports Medium tires.
*Note, In rainy conditions, use of wet tires is approved.

STX regulations and specifications to be determined.

Car List: (Current Homologation)

ST Class 1
01-13.jpg

ST Class 1 – Must produce 480-525 Horsepower and weigh approximately 1350-1450kg. If under 1400kg, Horsepower is restricted to 500.
BMW Z4 M Coupe
Amuse NISMO 380RS Super Leggera (**New Addition**)

ST Class 2
01-2.jpg

ST Class 2 – Must produce 350-370hp and weigh approximately 1250-1270kg
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO IX
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO X
Subaru Impreza WRX STI GDB

ST Class 3
09-2.jpg

ST Class 3 – Must produce 350-370hp and weigh 1200-1300kg
Mazda RX-7 (1998+ Models)
Honda NSX (2001+ Models)
Nissan Fairlady Z Z33
Nissan Fairlady Z Z34 (All Models)

ST Class 4
03-2.jpg

ST Class 4 – Must produce 300-320hp and weigh 1000-1100kg
Honda Integra Type R (DC5) (All Models)
Honda Civic Type R '08
Honda S2000 (All Models)
Mazda Roadster RS (NC) **NEW ADDITION**

ST Class 5
Honda Fit (All Models)
Toyota Vitz RS 1.5

ENTRY LIST:
ejp.png

unledla.png

Schedule:

Round 1: Date TBA
Grand Valley 300km
60 Laps

Round 2: Date TBA
Super Taikyu of Deep Forest
30 Laps

Round 3: Date TBA
Super Taikyu of Trial Mountain
30 Laps

Round 4: Date TBA
Tokyo R246 300km
60 Laps

Round 5: Date TBA
Super Taikyu of Autumn Ring
30 Laps

Round 6: Date TBA
SuperTEC at Fuji Speedway
30 Laps

Round 7: Date TBA
Super Taikyu FINAL - Suzuka 300km
60 Laps

Race Format:
Qualifying will be held either day of or the traditional two nights prior, based on voting by the participants. Reserve drivers are also invited to qualify should a driver not be able to participate. Qualifying will consist of a 20-minute session. Based on qualifying results, the multi-class grid will be divided based on number of participants. Realistically, two groups of twelve. A staggered start will be in order of class. Pit strategy is mandatory as needed for the race. Total times from both groups will be totaled at the end of the event.

Rules:
Standard On-Line Rules apply. ST2-ST3 class are allowed to battle for position. ST4-ST5 class must give way to advancing ST1-ST3 class, and ST2-ST3 class must give way to advancing ST1 class. Grass-cutting and off-track advancement is strictly forbidden.

Extra Information:
Events will be held over the course of a weekend. Times will be determined based on general consensus of the competitors.

Official test session will be conducted before start of the season.

How to Register:
GTP Name:
PSN ID:
Desired Car:

Before registering, I highly recommend everyone to suggest what time they'd like to race beforehand so we can put up a poll and complete the schedule.

Last edited:
Is ST-5 available? I'm not sure what to go for as it's not on the entry list chart. I see tuning specs for ST-5 though. I'll sign-up in ST-5 or ST-1. Not sure yet, probably ST-5!

Also, on info when I can race.
I CANNOT do:
Sundays
Wednesdays

I CAN do:
Any other day except Saturday which may not be possible.

I can only drive in afternoons. I'm mostly speaking EST wise, and if Saturday is possible, I could do morning too.

ST Class 5 cars will be revealed once cars are chosen in each of the other classes, as it is one of the smallest in the series. Trying to get a good number in the other classes at first.

This looks really interesting, do you have an idea what time of the day do you plan to run the races?

Last time we raced in the evenings American time, so it was morning for us in the pacific rim on Saturdays.

I'd love if races could be scheduled so race start is 11pm GMT at the latest on either Friday or Saturdays. Any other time, I cant make it as I have college Mon - Fri.

Anyway, I'll put my car etc. down now, which is well the same as the old thread.

#14 OKABE JIDOSHA - KYOSHIN RX-7 - Driver: Joshua1994

Saturday it will most likely be. Going to be putting up a few times and we can vote.

Hey, I just thought up something. You've seen the little pictures for Spec II correct? Remember the RM cars picture? Those would be an excellent edition to the series. Especially the RX7. You see what I'm saying?

I figured it was the RE-Amemiya. This could make for an interesting series!

RM NSX and RM RX-7 together perhaps

This series will be very very interesting with the new RM cars coming, it looks like the Super Taityu series will be very well represented in that department! I'll keep an eye on this thread...

Yup! It can definitely make for some great racing! If GN is interested I can provide him with a batch of Touring cars all equalized performance wise that this series could definitely use!

Those RMs. :drool: I'm surprised, they have more then I would've expected to be able to be used in this series.

I also sent GN+ a private message, perhaps to start a Forza version as well.

Can't WAIT for the new RM's.

I hate to say it, but I am going to have to step down for the time being for Super Taikyu. I am going back into the military in the coming weeks, so I just won't have the time. If anyone want to take over the series, let me know. I have given permission to Disinfected to start a Super Taikyu for Forza.

i hate to see the series die, so hopefully someone will want to take over!

Aww. That's quite a let down. Maybe I'll start it back up in January or February (Maybe even March) unless someone else wishes to grab it. Currently don't have the time to participate in another series. I kind of expected this to go a little downhill. Oh well, but have a great time in the military GN! :D

If anyone else has Forza, looking for some people to help me do some testing.

Put me down as a 'maybe' PSN:PiiNappleJuiiCe/GTP:PinappleJuice Car:ST4 Honda Integra DC5 (If allowed RM version)

The car list and schedule is going to be complete different. No signing up is open currently.

Back