SuperCar Festival

  • Thread starter Thread starter GoatBoyy
  • 143 comments
  • 15,627 views
ferret-turbo
I suppose this is not in the PAL version..as it says 'no modifications'

For "no modifications" you should read "no weight reduction/body strengthening" anything else goes!

Its badly worded.
 
highlordzarj
For "no modifications" you should read "no weight reduction/body strengthening" anything else goes!

Its badly worded.


excellent, well that should allow little modification to my slr and see me right,
body mods are usually my first so that is kind of obscure at least i dont have to save up for a car that'll nail it

no race modifications coulda been better
 
live4speed
The competition is called Supercars festival, it's for Supercars only not econo-boxes.
ROFL @ Econo box, anyways I have seen glitches aswell. For one the svt cobra r is already supercharged from the factory so why can I buy a supercharger to put on it. It's not upgrading if you are replacing. Upgrading is adding new pulleys and such. Swapping a Ford Factory Supercharger for another Ford factory Supercharger is nonsesnse!!! 👎 :grumpy:
 
live4speed
It's a bug, you can't enter any non-production cars into the cup but you do occasionally race against one.

I raced against a Spirra and HSC in those...I was glad they decided to cheat and show up. :dopey: The Cien didn't pose much of a threat to me. It accelerated slightly faster than my 750hp Saleen, but couldn't turn. (can't say I could, either, hate the braking on MR supercars. 👎:grumpy: ) I won the New York race by T-boning another S7 at about 190... :sly: I've started to get used to it somewhat though, but the braking is rediculous, even with 200kg positioned at -50. No weight reductions either.
 
SmokeCheckin
ROFL @ Econo box, anyways I have seen glitches aswell. For one the svt cobra r is already supercharged from the factory so why can I buy a supercharger to put on it. It's not upgrading if you are replacing. Upgrading is adding new pulleys and such. Swapping a Ford Factory Supercharger for another Ford factory Supercharger is nonsesnse!!! 👎 :grumpy:

Parts aren't necessarily real. I doubt STi has a stage 3 turbo for a 360. That is not a glitch. You are simply adding a better supercharger kit.
 
Currently attempting in a Superbird with 705 hp. :D It's nuts, so far, 3rd in Seoul, 1st for most of Midfield, (had to shut down PS2 and leave for school :irked: ) Gonna try again, and I will post results. :trouble:
 
Savington
I used the Yellow Bird as well. I had a hell of a time at Midway and Infineon, though. That car is so damn unstable without a brake bias controller.
Yellow bird wasnt stable enough for me, I was too lazy to drive it hard so I used my 600 hp N1 skyline, without weight reductions. With weight reductions I could* do it with under 550hp.
 
I got fed up and spent cheddar on the Zonda S 7.3 and beefed it up to 800hp. Breeze.
 
i beat this race with a fully modded M3GTR road car. with i think 578hp and tuned down the gear ratio on street tires. smoked all of them on turns.
 
Well I decided to get a Ford GT, gave it some wing, mixture of soft and medium sports tyres (depending on which pair went off first, the front or rear), racing gears and some sports brakes. Took a while to get used to the feel of the car as it understeered a fair amount. Still won pretty easy. Annoyingly though you win a Ford GT!!
I always try to keep the modification of my cars as cheap as possible. I hate spending hard earned money!
 
I finally won INFINEON in an M5, just exhaust, NA1 tuning, stage 2 weight and of coz NOZ to anti-cheat the 6 seconds lost from rolling start. aspec of coz.
I am not saying it not possible to win with a Yellowbird/R33 but it will stress u out, waste all your money and time plus u need much more hp to win i.e. less A spec point..... dont bother
 
robtheace
Which car would get me through using b-spec. To be honest i really cant be bothered with this comp, i just need the percentage completion to get on those endurance races.

I got plenty of money i just really want to b-spec.


So you can B-spec the endurance races? Come on! Just leave the game for a couple of days and maybe you´ll appreciate it more then.
 
i dont get it, it says no modifications, which i followed for a while but then found out i could enter with me fully tuned speed 12 :confused:
 
fr33style
I got fed up and spent cheddar on the Zonda S 7.3 and beefed it up to 800hp. Breeze.

I did it with a bog standard one of those...as I thought you weren't allowed bigger turbos etc :guilty:
 
SmokeCheckin
ROFL @ Econo box, anyways I have seen glitches aswell. For one the svt cobra r is already supercharged from the factory so why can I buy a supercharger to put on it. It's not upgrading if you are replacing. Upgrading is adding new pulleys and such. Swapping a Ford Factory Supercharger for another Ford factory Supercharger is nonsesnse!!! 👎 :grumpy:
the Cobra R is not supercharged the 03 and 04 for Cobras are supercharged . THe 2000 cobra R is not.
 
i used an 837 hp SL65 here but the brakes were non existent Lol nardo/zonda/saleen/slr are tricky cars to beat=P but i got there
 
just smoked them all with a 600hp bmw m3 gtr that u get from the "m" race. piece of cake, that car has no brakes, but flys round the corners.
 
Hmm.. I ran the whole thing stock in a Saleen. And now I find out this? ........
 
i did it with a completely stock pagani zonda, and i won infineon by 9 seconds and that wasn't the only one i won by a distance.
but i couldn't win them the first time, if i cud have modded the car it would have been a lot easier, since it doesnt brake at all.
but it was a nice challenge though, beating a zz2 with a stock pagani zonda
 
why do people keep saying they tuned their cars for it, its UNMODIFIED cars only or is that only the case in the PAL version of the game???
 
You can tune your car, just don't try a race car, I don't think you can use cars with the full weight reduction and roll cage either but you can tune everything else and still enter.
 
live4speed
You can tune your car, just don't try a race car, I don't think you can use cars with the full weight reduction and roll cage either but you can tune everything else and still enter.

Oh great, i did it in a stock saleen because i thought unmodified ment no tuning at all Doh! :banghead:
 
MdnIte
Hmm.. I ran the whole thing stock in a Saleen. And now I find out this? ........

I feel sry for you if u had to buy the saleen, and I don't think u win one, so yeah, I made a stupid mistake like that 2, spent 200k on an OLD merc to beat the touring car cup, only to find that the next race i entered, pathetically easy ledgends of the silver arrow merc race gave me a relatively new merc touring car of which was just as fast as the old one, but free, not 200k :dunce: oh well, got 2.7mill now, so I don't feel like 2 much of a dumbass
 
Back