SuperCars Australia

• Thread starter danimac
  • 4 comments
Australia
Australia
daniel_gokssj3
Hello, I was watching the V8 Supercars at Bathurst this afternoon 2021 February 26th and notice PS5 advertising through a digital signage board. Probably nothing but I’ve always seen Xbox advertised and thought it was cool to see PlayStation being advertised I haven’t seen that since the PS2 days. Maybe nothing but I’m a Gran Turismo fan and I’m hoping GT7 finally gets V8 Supercars in game.

It’s probably wishful thinking but any PS4/5 game that can get official Supercars would mean the word to me. I know Project cars has one and GRID has 2. I’d love for another game to get them to. I do know that the circuit itself is in plenty of games, I’ve just not noticed it during Supercars. I mean this could be absolutely nothing. I’m just hoping there’s something to it.

What are your thoughts? I’d love to hear them.

Attachments

• 70287040-92ED-40A4-B0F4-A584B069D6EF.png
    70287040-92ED-40A4-B0F4-A584B069D6EF.png
    177.5 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Hello, I was watching the V8 Supercars at Bathurst this afternoon 2021 February 26th and notice PS5 advertising through a digital signage board. Probably nothing but I’ve always seen Xbox advertised and thought it was cool to see PlayStation being advertised I haven’t seen that since the PS2 days. Maybe nothing but I’m a Gran Turismo fan and I’m hoping GT7 finally gets V8 Supercars in game.

It’s probably wishful thinking but any PS4/5 game that can get official Supercars would mean the word to me. I know Project cars has one and GRID has 2. I’d love for another game to get them to. I do know that the circuit itself is in plenty of games, I’ve just not noticed it during Supercars. I mean this could be absolutely nothing. I’m just hoping there’s something to it.

What are your thoughts? I’d love to hear them.
You're right, probably nothing in it but like you I'd love to see Supercars in more games, especially the GT series. I'm not sure there's much hope for us now that Supercars runs their esports series with iRacing.... and wasn't the XBox signage to do with that same series when it was run on Forza?

I can't recall how many of Glenn Seton's AU XR8 Falcon's I had in GT6 but it would have been up around the twenty mark, and all with different tunes specific to the use of that particular XR8. I'm not sure how far into my time with GT6 this old screen shot is but it clearly shows my love of the old XR8 and Bathurst.

I found this old screen shot. Those mileage and car wins (below) were with only that one particular car (my Mt. P. sprint special) out of twenty odd cars, and all of those wins were in online lobbies. :D
20160509_130044.jpg

Random screenshot.
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_4.jpg

Last edited:
You're right, probably nothing in it but like you I'd love to see Supercars in more games, especially the GT series. I'm not sure there's much hope for us now that Supercars runs their esports series with iRacing.... and wasn't the XBox signage to do with that same series when it was run on Forza?

I can't recall how many of Glenn Seton's AU XR8 Falcon's I had in GT6 but it would have been up around the twenty mark, and all with different tunes specific to the use of that particular XR8. I'm not sure how far into my time with GT6 this old screen shot is but it clearly shows my love of the old XR8 and Bathurst.

I found this old screen shot. Those mileage and car wins (below) were with only that one particular car (my Mt. P. sprint special) out of twenty odd cars, and all of those wins were in online lobbies. :D
View attachment 994322

Random screenshot.
View attachment 994323

Oh yeah I remember all I did in GT6 was take the XR8 around Bathurst. That thing was a lot of fun.

Last edited:
I think the Forza Motorsport games previous few iterations had pretty much the full field of V8 Supercars to play with. Loved using the Mercedes. Just didn't have the official series and tracks and stuff like the old race driver games djd.

I think the Forza Motorsport games previous few iterations had pretty much the full field of V8 Supercars to play with. Loved using the Mercedes. Just didn't have the official series and tracks and stuff like the old race driver games djd.

Not only do they have a bunch of modern(ish) cars, I did some research on the history of the Bathurst 1000 and the 500 mile race that preceded it, turns out there's rather a lot of historic cars from that race in the FM series. My club has done a historic race annually for a couple of years and have coupled it with the more modern cars recently (100km races one after the other), been a really great time.

Back