[SuperGT] Euro GT500 - Season 9 - Champions: NissmanR32 and TOM's UK Petronas RacingOpen 

• Thread starter nissman
  • 711 comments
Hell. I could not wait for today's race which ended up being a disaster for me.

We started 45 minutes late, which is extremely big and something I see for the first time in such organised series. 3 people constantly rejoining because they could see 1 or 2 less...

Then, we finally start the qualifying and i end up being last, 1 second behind eleventh. Seriously, what is the thing that makes controllers worse than steering wheels?

In the race, I get a good launch, get side by side with @J_Starscream and onwards to the first corner, there goes @Cobra75 right in my front. I try braking earlier, but broke too early, so I laid off the brake and pressed it again. Smash the rear right of @Cobra75 causing damage.

Then @SK8RBOI steers into me, no reason why, as I saw he did not crash with anybody else, and I gain front left damage. I could not control my car with insane understeer on left-hand corners, and having to pit, that ruined my whole race.

Today's Lesson: Say no to controller.

We started 45 minutes late, which is extremely big and something I see for the first time in such organised series. 3 people constantly rejoining because they could see 1 or 2 less...

Then, we finally start the qualifying and i end up being last, 1 second behind eleventh. Seriously, what is the thing that makes controllers worse than steering wheels?

In the race, I get a good launch, get side by side with @J_Starscream and onwards to the first corner, there goes @Cobra75 right in my front. I try braking earlier, but broke too early, so I laid off the brake and pressed it again. Smash the rear right of @Cobra75 causing damage.

Then @SK8RBOI steers into me, no reason why, as I saw he did not crash with anybody else, and I gain front left damage. I could not control my car with insane understeer on left-hand corners, and having to pit, that ruined my whole race.

I got wedged between Cobra and SK8R, damaged front left and right rear. Ruined my race. So I decided to experiment and see how far I could go on my fresh set of tyres fitted on lap 1...

...got to lap 16.

Filled up and fresh fitted, I go off on my merry way, being lapped in the process. Bang. Disconnected. 👍

Yea sorry about that. I have no adiea what happened. I tryed turing out of you but I ovuasly did turn away enuf. I will take full responsibility for that. Sorry bud. :cheers::ouch:

EGT500 - Rd.1 Grand Valley - Results

12509182_418698831668595_8581785600592941328_n.jpg

12540684_418698905001921_8658881441304685312_n.jpg

My race pace was awful today

but I would have finished last and ended the day happy after that front row. Not had one of them in years in this championsip

All incidents will be looked at by the stewards. (@lozzaiscool , @xStretch-, @nissman)

ended the day happy after that front row. Not had one of them in years in this championsip

:bowdown:
i would like to suggest @Cobra75 to be host for following races

The plan was that @SRT DK Racing with a good connection was to be the host. Unfortunatly our host got ill and coulnd't race tonigh, we had to find the host at the last moment so we had some issues obviously.

I agree with your suggestion, room host should be either @Cobra75 or SRT. We should also try to be in lobby earlier next week so we sort this issues before start of Q.

The plan was that @SRT DK Racing with a good connection was to be the host. Unfortunatly our host got ill and coulnd't race tonigh, we had to find the host at the last moment so we had some issues obviously.

I agree with your suggestion, room host should be either @Cobra75 or SRT. We should also try to be in lobby earlier next week so we sort this issues before start of Q.
Cobra has a much more stable connection.

Usually I have the best connection. extremely stable, fiberoptic 250/250. however, I'm now on a 50/50 line (still fiber) and still very stable, but not very fast. when I get back on my main line, then I could start hosting, but I dont know when that will be.

Yea sorry about that. I have no adiea what happened. I tryed turing out of you but I ovuasly did turn away enuf. I will take full responsibility for that. Sorry bud. :cheers::ouch:
I accept the apology, although try not doing so next time. :cheers:

Try doing what I told you yesterday, that must work.

I got wedged between Cobra and SK8R, damaged front left and right rear. Ruined my race. So I decided to experiment and see how far I could go on my fresh set of tyres fitted on lap 1...

...got to lap 16.

Filled up and fresh fitted, I go off on my merry way, being lapped in the process. Bang. Disconnected. 👍
I just watched the replay of the start, we came in to the first corner 3 cars wide. I had to break earlier or I would have taken all out, then I got a bump in the rear from John sending me into starscream and the rest is history. Let's just do as @nissman says and let the stewards have a look at it.

Sorry I left last night as I was unable to see you on track Niss after you rejoined. At first you wee unable to see me, but I was able to see you, so figured it might be my system even though I'd rejoined several times.

I was unable to rejoin the room last night after resetting the router as I wasn't able to get access through Niss's or Lozza's In Room tab as it said something like "the maximum limit of users has been set by another room owner". Whether this was because I signed into PSN after reloading the game, or because Stretchy was unknowingly to me at the time, the the new host - surely you should be able join a Club Room through a friend even though he isn't hosting?

You gave up much to quickly @mirial , which I was quite unpleasantly suprised. We then made a new lobby and sorted out the issues. Missed you on track and your teammate especially.

Yes @mirial ! You should have stuck around, we will always try to get everyone into the race even if it means delays and new rooms! Plus those pesky Yellowhats are now leading the teams championship! :) We've got some work to do now!

Last edited:
Sorry I left last night as I was unable to see you on track Niss after you rejoined. At first you wee unable to see me, but I was able to see you, so figured it might be my system even though I'd rejoined several times.

I was unable to rejoin the room last night after resetting the router as I wasn't able to get access through Niss's or Lozza's In Room tab as it said something like "the maximum limit of users has been set by another room owner". Whether this was because I signed into PSN after reloading the game, or because Stretchy was unknowingly to me at the time, the the new host - surely you should be able join a Club Room through a friend even though he isn't hosting?

I think I was the connection issue last night but I did a few things to fix it and Friday could finally see me aswell as Nis. Who's your ISP Mike?

Sorry I had to bail from the race. Having the issues with people not seeing others and not getting started on time is what made me have to go. The longer it took, the less time I had to race. I would have had to quit before the race finished to get ready for work. I'll try again next Tuesday and see if it gets started on time. I know it's no fault of the racers. The servers for GT6 seem like they're getting worse.

The servers for GT6 seem like they're getting worse
Indeed.
In 2015 they were dodgy but you could make it work, now it seems 12 is the maximum number of participants, any more than that and it blatantly refuses to allow us to see each other.
I've entered 3 races so far in 2016, and all have been this way.

Essentially, at this point, all of us clearing our caches does not make a difference and our caches are not the problem anymore. It is the SERVER's cache that needs to be cleared. A server that gradually worsens with no permanent information being added after release (hardware and software etc.) but over time lobbies that have been opened have used hosting servers which link back to a main server and its cache. After two years, millions if not billions of lobbies have been opened and so much hosting data has been downloaded and eventually uploaded back to the main cache that it has filled up. Think of your computer, when your internet cache fills up your speeds decrease. That is essentially what is happening.

One solution is for someone over at Polyphony Digital to access the main server and start a heavy maintenance service. Not only does this solve bugs etc. but also clears out any unneeded data I.e. Cache data.

This is only necessary when lobbies have more than 12 members, which in our case, needs doing. 👍

I'm not 100% sure if this is right but with background knowledge in computing I'm quite positive this is the problem.

Essentially, at this point, all of us clearing our caches does not make a difference and our caches are not the problem anymore. It is the SERVER's cache that needs to be cleared. A server that gradually worsens with no permanent information being added after release (hardware and software etc.) but over time lobbies that have been opened have used hosting servers which link back to a main server and its cache. After two years, millions if not billions of lobbies have been opened and so much hosting data has been downloaded and eventually uploaded back to the main cache that it has filled up. Think of your computer, when your internet cache fills up your speeds decrease. That is essentially what is happening.

One solution is for someone over at Polyphony Digital to access the main server and start a heavy maintenance service. Not only does this solve bugs etc. but also clears out any unneeded data I.e. Cache data.

This is only necessary when lobbies have more than 12 members, which in our case, needs doing. 👍

I'm not 100% sure if this is right but with background knowledge in computing I'm quite positive this is the problem.

From my knowledge its purely down to a mixture of things, the servers are not to strong in general thats fairly obvious but I think it's a ports issue with our users. I normally use a wire when I race but I now use it in my PC as I don't use my playstation anymore and after changing internet the frequency on my new router is so bad all external wireless devices disconect every couple of minuites. For some reason my playstation didn't disconect as frequently as for example my iPhone but last night it gave me errors seeing Friday and Nis. After wiring it up when I went offline for a restart on my playstation to change the settings to wired it worked fine.

I suggest more users use a ethernet to connect on race days to give a higher level of efficency to their networks. If not, try and open their ports and make sure they are on a NAT2 type

the room number will signify how many rooms have been opened

@nissman @lozzaiscool @xStretch-
I really do apologise for exiting completely and only took the opportunity to leave the room because Lozza did and didn't want to double up on time. The thought of thirteen drivers waiting even longer and then possibly having to setup a new room for me was playing on my mind whilst I was farting around reloading everything etc. If I'd had known others were having issues, I would have hung around.

Can you join a Club room through a friend, or must it be through the host? That way I'll know if it was signing into PSN as I was attempting to join the Community Lobby that might have been my issue or not.

As for ISP, I use BT with the Infinity service and if I recall, this is the first time I've had any issues.

Last edited:
@nissman @lozzaiscool @xStretch-
I really do apologise for exiting completely and only took the opportunity to leave the room because Lozza did and didn't want to double up on time. The thought of thirteen drivers waiting even longer and then possibly having to setup a new room for me was playing on my mind whilst I was farting around reloading everything etc. If I'd had known others were having issues, I would have hung around.

Can you join a Club room through a friend, or must it be through the host? That way I'll know if it was signing into PSN as I was attempting to join the Community Lobby that might have been my issue or not.
You CAN join through friends that are in a club lobby, as long you have joined the club, but you already have joined...

Back