superspeedway endurance.

  • Thread starter Thread starter tommeh
  • 32 comments
  • 1,907 views
Messages
47
i'm sorry if this has been covered before (cue moderators to delete it, if it has)
but....

i am having trouble winning the super speedway endurance race, i've tried it twice in my mercedes-benz CLK-GTR race car and lost both times. (in a-spec)
i would like to know what car would be best to use, within the budget of Cr.2,000,000. (or a quick way to get more money to be able to afford a race car.)

thanks

tommeh
 
For 200 A-Spec...Mazda 787B, used, old oil, R1 tyres, Ballast.... if you just want to win...using something beyond fast (F1 or something)
 
i know , but, i only have 2,000,000 credits to spend!

thanks

tommeh
 
Try reading the Race Reports board and see what others have done. Famine's Endurance Companion is especially useful.
 
thanks for all your help, but i'm trying to BUY a car (for under Cr.2,000,000) or make quick cash. any help would be appreciated:) 👍

thanks

tommeh
 
Enter the El Capitan endurance race and win the Toyota Minolta 88C-V. Stick a stage 4 turbo on that and some hard tyres and you'll easily win the Superspeedway endurance. If you can't be bothered doing that, here's a get rich quick scheme.
 
thanks. i like doing endurance races, so i'll do that.

thanks

tommeh
 
To be honest, you don't need to modify the Toyota 88C-V to win, as amp88 suggested, it'll easily win in stock form if you go easy on the tyres and pit less than the AI does. As well as Famine's Endurance Companion, there's a link to mine (Light Blue) in my signature, where a result is posted for this race using the Toyota 88C-V.
 
tommeh
..... or make quick cash.....
Ok, ok, so you've asked for quick cash 3 times now.
How about looking in here.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=53246
where you'll find the answer.....

It's full of wonderful information but it seems that (mostly new) members believe these stickies will give you some afwul disease.:sick:

Trust me they won't, they're actually very good for you :sly:
They're actually very benificial and may provide the answer to many more questions you may have.

*ahem* Stickies can be found at the top of each forum.

AMG.
 
Yeh a stock Minolta Toyota can win since it has 975 HP or so in stock form and it's light enough. Run as low downforce as you can while still keeping a high rate of speed through the turns. You can get a little more HP by giving it an oil change. Just buy R1s and you're set to win. You'll probably only get a lousy 7 or 8 A-spec points, but you'll win and that's good enough. I still think the easiest car to win the race is the Nissan R92CP. It's like it was built for that course. It sticks like glue in turns and is so gentle on tires. Five speeds is enough for that course since only two or three shifts are needed.

I dearly hate that race for getting max A-spec points and can't do a thing about it except curse it for all it's worth. Confounded &_&*(3 Speedway race course.

Oh yeh, I forgot to mention, the CLK-GTR is a dog of a race car, so sell it and never use one again. (Kinda just kidding). I call the CLK-GTR the Gillet's disciple.

Quick update: I just ran the Speedway Endurance using a stock Nissan R89C and I'd have to say that might be the easiest dead stock car to use to win. Not one setting has to be changed or anything added except R1 tires. You can win without even trying. Maybe too easy.
 
SirBerra
Yeh a stock Minolta Toyota can win since it has 975 HP or so in stock form and it's light enough. Run as low downforce as you can while still keeping a high rate of speed through the turns. You can get a little more HP by giving it an oil change. Just buy R1s and you're set to win. You'll probably only get a lousy 7 or 8 A-spec points, but you'll win and that's good enough. I still think the easiest car to win the race is the Nissan RC92. It's like it was built for that course. It sticks like glue in turns and is so gentle on tires. Five speeds is enough for that course since only two or three shifts are needed.

I dearly hate that race for getting max A-spec points and can't do a thing about it except curse it for all it's worth. Confounded &_&*(3 Speedway race course.

Oh yeh, I forgot to mention, the CLK-GTR is a dog of a race car, so sell it and never use one again. (Kinda just kidding). I call the CLK-GTR the Gillet's disciple.
Nicely said bud. But i do disagree somewhat about the CLK. As you can tell from my avatar that it is my favourite car in the whole game besides the Camaro Race Car LM, and I currently have done 2 of the Sarthe I 24hr endurance races and planning to do another sometime in August. With 11,8xxx kms she still runs like a beauty and with proper set up and careful test and tune aka trial and error and you should have a pretty neat handling car. Of course not like the Group C or LMP but it is pretty good compared to how it is directly out of the box.

Edit: Did I mention this car entered the races with a stage 3 turbo and 880hp?
 
i got it! i bought a toyota GT1, but a stage 4 turbo on it (11xx bhp) but the thing is, the tyres only last about 5 laps!
 
DLRgian
Nicely said bud. But i do disagree somewhat about the CLK. As you can tell from my avatar that it is my favourite car in the whole game besides the Camaro Race Car LM, and I currently have done 2 of the Sarthe I 24hr endurance races and planning to do another sometime in August. With 11,8xxx kms she still runs like a beauty and with proper set up and careful test and tune aka trial and error and you should have a pretty neat handling car. Of course not like the Group C or LMP but it is pretty good compared to how it is directly out of the box.

Edit: Did I mention this car entered the races with a stage 3 turbo and 880hp?

I apologize for putting down your favorite car. I really never tested the car fully. It was one of my first high-powered cars. Won from some series, I think. I stuck a Stage 4 Turbo on it and noticed it burned out tires and gave up on it. I didn't know anything about TCS or easy driving. To me it never seemed like it had much potential. Possibly it's too heavy. The AI CLK always wound up as a backmarker. I know Famine used a CLK to win both of his Sarthe Races for 200 points, but I found a better car that's easier to drive and win 200 points in those races. So I know the CLK isn't totally useless given the right circumstances.

If you're talking about the real world car, I never saw one race. So if I put down a car it's just a personal opinion. Most of the cars have some potential given the right track, setup and driver. Hey, many times if I can't get results right away from a car, I'll just chuck it into the JUNK bin and move on. My personal opinion is just that, nothing more. As someone here said, if you don't like a car because it's a certain color then there's no point in arguing the fact. I'll put the CLK on my drive again list and give it another chance. So don't pay my hasty judgments no mind.:dopey:

I thought the Chap 2J was a useless horror until I needed it to get 200 A-spec points, and I got it to win like crazy. Now the Gillet Vertigo is another story. I spent long hours with that car and it sux and nothing yet can persuade me otherwise.:grumpy:
 
It may not help but your tires last much longer with a steering wheel and pedals.
Some time ago I was a die-hard game pad fanatic, but know I bought a logitch and the advantages are amazing.

3/4 throttle in the turns helps a lot, so does soft breaking.
 
I've done it! I bought R1 & R3 tyres,a nd put R1 on the back, and R3 on the front. I won easy!

thanks for all your contributions.

tommeh 👍
 
SirBerra
I apologize for putting down your favorite car. I really never tested the car fully. It was one of my first high-powered cars. Won from some series, I think. I stuck a Stage 4 Turbo on it and noticed it burned out tires and gave up on it. I didn't know anything about TCS or easy driving. To me it never seemed like it had much potential. Possibly it's too heavy. The AI CLK always wound up as a backmarker. I know Famine used a CLK to win both of his Sarthe Races for 200 points, but I found a better car that's easier to drive and win 200 points in those races. So I know the CLK isn't totally useless given the right circumstances.

If you're talking about the real world car, I never saw one race. So if I put down a car it's just a personal opinion. Most of the cars have some potential given the right track, setup and driver. Hey, many times if I can't get results right away from a car, I'll just chuck it into the JUNK bin and move on. My personal opinion is just that, nothing more. As someone here said, if you don't like a car because it's a certain color then there's no point in arguing the fact. I'll put the CLK on my drive again list and give it another chance. So don't pay my hasty judgments no mind.:dopey:

I thought the Chap 2J was a useless horror until I needed it to get 200 A-spec points, and I got it to win like crazy. Now the Gillet Vertigo is another story. I spent long hours with that car and it sux and nothing yet can persuade me otherwise.:grumpy:
Don't worry man, to tell you the truth I also felt the same after seeing it race and to drive in GT4 with a little understeering problem. I never max out my cars brand new with a stage 3 turbine it has 918hp but now it has 880hp and she is willing and ready to dominate another 24hr. :)

PS. My advice is not to max out the cars, you will be amazed with the results man.
 
my advice: SLIPSTREAM SLIPSTREAM SLIPSTREAM!

oh yeah, i was gonna put a certain three letter word with a h and an o and an e, but i pissed all the mods the last time.
 
cerpin_taxt
oh yeah, i was gonna put a certain three letter word with a h and an o and an e, but i pissed all the mods the last time.

Congratulations you have just managed to do it again.

Firstly start by keeping the language and offensive comments out, when you are asked to stop doing something, stop. Its quite simple.

Secondly you need to urgently work on the quality of your posts, the spelling and grammer all leave a lot to be desired and need work.

Finally your post in the "What is a clutch?" thread was far from helpful or constructive and given the quality of your own submissions hardly a smart move. A little like you mods comment in this thread, did you think it would go un-noticed?

Please consider this an official warning.

GT Planet operates a three strikes and you're out policy, you have two left. Lets hope you don't need them.

Scaff
 
but stll, the guy didnt know what a clutch was. i knew sence i was four!
 
cerpin_taxt
but stll, the guy didnt know what a clutch was. i knew sence i was four!

Thats no excuse at all for a post of that nature, why not try sharing knowledge rather than attacking someone for a lack of it.

In addition I see that knowledge of a clutch has not helped you think more about the spelling and grammar in your own posts.

Scaff
 
cerpin_taxt
my advice: SLIPSTREAM SLIPSTREAM SLIPSTREAM!

oh yeah, i was gonna put a certain three letter word with a h and an o and an e, but i pissed all the mods the last time.
Slipstream is only good on the straights buddy 👍
 
I agree with this ^^

I managed to out corner them by going on the flat bit in the corners. My fastest lap time was 27.XXX seconds.

As I said before, thank you to all of you that have contributed.
(and all of you mods for not yelling at me):dopey:

Tommeh
 
tommeh
thanks. i like doing endurance races, so i'll do that.

thanks

tommeh

You like endurance races? Do the Sarthe I and II 24 hours back to back and watch blind love turn into intense hate. And do it by yourself and use the fastest car you can buy. Nobody should have to run 24 hours on their own. Gotta go find a buddy just to do a race. Hogwash!
 
SirBerra
You like endurance races? Do the Sarthe I and II 24 hours back to back and watch blind love turn into intense hate. And do it by yourself and use the fastest car you can buy. Nobody should have to run 24 hours on their own. Gotta go find a buddy just to do a race. Hogwash!
Sarthe I with the McLaren F1 GTR or the CLK GTR. Now thats fun. 👍
 
DLRgian
Slipstream is only good on the straights buddy 👍
Not entirely accurate...you can slip stream around the two corners of the Test Course, yes they're very long smooth turns, but they're certainly not straights.
 
2 words. Super Speedway.
 
you can still use the slipstream on the first bend of the super speedway

i managed to do a lap of 27.695 but i only managed that by staying of the flat parts of the bends
 
Ya but its probably not as effective.
 
DLRgian
Sarthe I with the McLaren F1 GTR or the CLK GTR. Now thats fun. 👍

I'm on the third hour of my final 24 hour endurance (Sarthe I for 200 A-spec points and already know I've won) and it takes me well over a week of a couple of hours a day just to complete. If I wake up in the middle of the night and can't fall asleep right away, I'm forced to run downstairs to get in some driving time. All the while, my PS2 is sucking electricity and risking possible brownouts. That is so not right.

And forget that slippery, slider McLaren F1 car. I wanted to like it, but I just can't deal with it's foibles. Twenty-four minutes is too long with that vehicle.
 
Back