Suspension periods for disruptive members.

• Thread starter Brian P
  • 18 comments
Just an idea, but maybes if a member hasn't done enough to be banned but still needs to be punished in some way, a period of suspension could be applied. Say for a week, 2 weeks etc.

Denying access to creating threads or posting in threads is a good idea. You don't want to deny them access to the forums though, because they won't come back.

~LoudMusic

Originally posted by LoudMusic
Denying access to creating threads or posting in threads is a good idea. You don't want to deny them access to the forums though, because they won't come back.

~LoudMusic
Very true...tougher restrictions based on your offense. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Rice Rocketeer
Klostophobic is the most annoying member at this site...all he posts is just random crap

It's only annoying if you take it out of his context. Mostly he's just attempting humor, and if you don't accept it as such, yes it can be very annoying. But seriously, he's just like the class clown. You wouldn't want to send that guy away, now would you?

~LoudMusic

Originally posted by LoudMusic

It's only annoying if you take it out of his context. Mostly he's just attempting humor, and if you don't accept it as such, yes it can be very annoying. But seriously, he's just like the class clown. You wouldn't want to send that guy away, now would you?

~LoudMusic

personally, i see him as wasted space

he was like that at the GTF... no need to worry... just don't try to go deep in what he posts...

The suspension Idea is pretty good actually. :thumbsup:

Although, volunteering members isn't all that nice because it just helps to perpetuate any arguments that might have been layed to rest.
Besides, Klos has said some really funny things. :D

I really like this idea. I am suprised that nobody has already come up with it. I agree with LoudMusic on the not suspending them from the forums though. Just posting and threading. Klos is alright I guess everyone. I think all he wants is a couple of laughs. His remarks although at times can totally 🤬 they are still pretty damn funny.

Originally posted by Macka
I nominate Klostrophobic as test candidate ;)

Well I was just joking, hence the ;)

Seriously, I wouldn't nominate someone for punishment, that's what mods and admins are for.

This is one funny thread! I love Rice Rocketeer's response of Klos being a wasted space! Ha! Nice Honda Accord sig Rice! No, seriously though, I'm sure there are plenty of Accord owners out there that have looked at that... once or twice.

I found Klostrophobic to be unique in that he seemed logically and lethaly humorous... though I have little experience with his humor. I have, on the other hand, heard many people say he was an 'arse' as we say here. My ultimate view on this agrees 100% with Tom - All's well that ends well and some sort of banishment should, at times, be in order.

Now, let's not follow this post with a shot at my anality in efforts to put me first in line!

Thanks- ;)

[size=-1]Errr, let's not turn this into a "let's-demolish-klostrophobic-thread".[/size]

...the suspension idea is pretty neat, although how are you gonna stop people from re-regging? IP-bans?

Back