• Thread starter The Cake
  • 10 comments

The Cake

(Banned)
Norway
Norway
CakaCool
Check this video out.
He's saying that it's a bug where you set very high height to suspension, the car will get a characteristic to a car that's set low, and visa versa. I have tried it and I think the physics gets much better, specially on oversteer acceleration out of corners.

Check this video out.
He's saying that it's a bug where you set very high height to suspension, the car will get a characteristic to a car that's set low, and visa versa. I have tried it and I think the physics gets much better, specially on oversteer acceleration out of corners.

Are you sure about this???

Check this video out.

I've been testing this for a week now since I first heard of it.
-Seems to have better handling with the front slightly higher (5 to 10 depending on the car).
-I didn't test extremes like max and all that, but I found unless your tuning for a flat track (like Daytona) setting the front at about 45% across the slider seems to work the most stable. No bottoming out, less issues.

Now, thinking about that......
Take a step back. So what I have experienced is that I found stability and control when the hights are at or close to the 50% mark, right?
This makes sense now.
Because if the extreme low and high are all screwed up for whatever reason, it would explain why I found the exact medium to be the most stable.
Interesting.

Ty for posting.

Last edited:
I think suspension is bugged. I like to drag race online. I've been messing with skylines and typically when tuning 4Wd vehicles you'd slam the car down to assure you keep the tires to ground. How ever when I test in the tune sheet, it shows a better 1/4 time when the car is raised all the way. Which I don't think is what the desired outcome was supposed to be.

If you simply lower a car, but at the same time do not adapt the dampers and springs to this new requirement, then it is logical that you will be slower. At the same time, a certain vehicle height and an adapted chassis ensure that a better weight shift can take place.

Also discussed here (thread started by the video creator):

If you simply lower a car, but at the same time do not adapt the dampers and springs to this new requirement, then it is logical that you will be slower. At the same time, a certain vehicle height and an adapted chassis ensure that a better weight shift can take place.
Lower cars require higher damper settings correct? (Considering the ride height physics were correct)

I feel I only understand dampers to a certain extent, they're just as confusing as diff settings for me.

Edit: Also higher spring rates require higher dampers?

I wish they would use spring rates like GT1-6 instead of that "natural frequency" mumbo-jumbo.

Last edited:
Yes, you have understood that correctly so far and it is basically very simple physics and you can easily reproduce it at home to understand it better.

So we ALWAYS have to keep in mind that there is still the point in the game that the wheels can rub against the body and thus be restricted in rotation and/or mobility. This "problem" always takes precedence and must be considered first of all.
But with a correct adjustment of the chassis, very low vehicle heights can be achieved, provided that all other determining factors of the chassis are adjusted to this height. For this reason, the vehicle height is the first thing to consider and now to be set.

Now it's just about the simple knowledge of what happens when and how to achieve the desired reactions.

Basically, it is clear that the closer you are to the road with your body, the stiffer and harder your chassis has to be - this actually affects every single component.
(The stabilizers are an exception, since there can be quite opposite settings depending on the desired driving behavior and intended use.)

To make it easier to visualize... a soft suspension needs a travel of X centimeters to completely absorb a bump in the pavement, to dampen the wheel in the upward movement and to push it back onto the road.
If I now significantly reduce the landing gear height, I have less maximum travel that the landing gear has available. So I have to set the spring and damper harder to achieve the same or even better damping over this shorter distance.

The important thing is... settings that are too high quickly lead to an uncontrollable driving condition, similar to values that are too low, the wheels lose contact with the ground and thus grip.

Perhaps this page will help to illustrate or explain it in a better understandable way but not yet in too much detail as it becomes too "exhausting".

KW

I think suspension is bugged. I like to drag race online. I've been messing with skylines and typically when tuning 4Wd vehicles you'd slam the car down to assure you keep the tires to ground. How ever when I test in the tune sheet, it shows a better 1/4 time when the car is raised all the way. Which I don't think is what the desired outcome was supposed to be.
In real life you want your front little looser as to shift the weight to the back tires and the the rear just stuff enough to absorb the shift and put the rubber down

this is no sim 😂 if you do a setting shouldn't you be helped by pit crew 🤔 should get suggestions, the numpty that runs these clown asks questions before he goes on track etc, no good keep going through YouTube or here looking for settings as some could be trying to set cars up for weeks or months and not get it right, he doesn't care as all they want is money selling you gtsport with better scenery 😂 rally on tarmac now drifts even with race softs 😂 with same settings i had before update. you cant get a refund as its PD issue and not the disc.

Definitely bugged. Stock raptor suspension is better than anything adjustable. It’s like ride hight and total travel are linked, there is no sag or drop of the wheels when the car jumps. I can’t get a rally car to behave for anything. Stock suspension feels better on most cars then tunable. There might be something wrong with the adjustable suspensions.

The window I have for spring rate is not enough to find a sweet spot. When a rally car jumps the suspension should sag and that whole movement should be dampened.

Real world my suspension has high speed and low speed compression damping and rebound. I can put spring rate all the way up and damping all the way up and still blow through the stroke in the game. Damping may not be progressive as well. I can’t really tell if I am speeding or slowing wheel travel regardless of comp or rebound setting, this window of adjustment maybe too small as well.

I had an alto works s In one of the previous games that suspension was sweet.

Back