Suzuka Circuit 2014 Special Drift Trial

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 22 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
New Year Holiday Challenge 2015-2016 (Season 1)

Suzuka Circuit 2014 Special Drift Trial

NYHC1516 - Suzuka Circuit 2014 Special Drift Trial.jpg
^^Click on the image above to go to the online leader board for this event^^
[NYHC1516] - Suzuka Circuit 2014 Special Drift Trial.jpg

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
so... I know most of ya'll won't believe me when I say this... but I hit gold with a PT cruiser last night...

yes... FWD drifted it

Just takes different mentality for handling but yeah, fwd can drift certain types of tracks quite well.

This was easy challenge. Much easier than previous one.

Easy gold (third attempt) with my drift-spec Holden Commodore SS. :)

Then took the Furai out for a drive and rolled it. Twice.

I hate drift events so much. :banghead: But I need the cash. Silver so far.

I used the Tank Car (Parts Installed) which is a gift from winning the New Year Holiday Challenge around Death Valley.

After several attempts my best scores were all around 5,000 points.

Gave it an oil change after watching the highest placed stick steering replay.

I also changed the front tyres to Comfort Medium as I was having trouble steering the car. Comfort Hard on the back, as usual for drift tunes. (Not always but usually this is best.)

My last change was to add 200kg of ballast and move it to position -50% which is all the way back. In a car weighing 3,500kg it is not a huge effect. But it helped me to keep the car sliding.

Do a long Scandinavian Flick and hold the handbrake a long, long time. Keep the accelerator down so when you released the handbrake the clutch 'pops' the engine and wheels into sync, instant wheelspin. The engine will bog down if you release the handbrake before the engine is revving hard.

Now you use a lot of counter-steering and actually be quite gentle on the throttle. Guide the car tight to the second exit. Keep the slide controlled or it will spin out. You can get 5th gear as you exit the curve and will touch the outside kerb, sliding all the way to the finish gate.

This was good enough for a few 6,000 point runs for me. The top scores are 'over 9,000'! :bowdown:

Will need to spend a lot of time on here to reach gold :( .
Keep messing it up.

If you're having hard time with this try ignoring the beginning of the sector. It's easier to score higher points closer to the end so after you get comfortable with that you can start drifting earlier and earlier. Also don't try to start the drift by changing brake balance to rear. Start the drift with ebrake and don't be afraid to use the ebrake again in the middle of the section if the drift stops too early.

If you're having hard time with this try ignoring the beginning of the sector. It's easier to score higher points closer to the end so after you get comfortable with that you can start drifting earlier and earlier. Also don't try to start the drift by changing brake balance to rear. Start the drift with ebrake and don't be afraid to use the ebrake again in the middle of the section if the drift stops too early.

thanks for tips.
not tried again on this one yet,will be something for the weekend.
The problem i'm suffering is that i'm going on the grass when drifting out the last part of the corner,so my score is resetted to 0 points.
I will try some other cars and technique to do it.

The problem i'm suffering is that i'm going on the grass when drifting out the last part of the corner,so my score is resetted to 0 points.
I will try some other cars and technique to do it.

You're probably going in too fast initially because you're trying to drift through the whole thing. It was my biggest problem too when I tried to improve my score. My first gold run I was doing about 60 mph and didn't start the drift until the actual turn started. Once I had one gold under the belt I was more relaxed and it was easier to improve on that by starting the drift earlier and earlier every run.

You're probably going in too fast initially because you're trying to drift through the whole thing. It was my biggest problem too when I tried to improve my score. My first gold run I was doing about 60 mph and didn't start the drift until the actual turn started. Once I had one gold under the belt I was more relaxed and it was easier to improve on that by starting the drift earlier and earlier every run.

golded it just with the BMW VGT.
Indeed my problem is that i'm going to fast into the corner but i can't ride slow :guilty:
My gold drift wasn't pretty at all (sweaping around all over the place),the best drift i had imo was only worth 2507 points,just enough to reach silver.
Simply sometimes i don't get how they rate your drift.
Your speed (going to fast and you will ruin your drift) and positioning (how closer to ideal line how better) are some parameters they looking into i guess.

Simply sometimes i don't get how they rate your drift.
Your speed (going to fast and you will ruin your drift) and positioning (how closer to ideal line how better) are some parameters they looking into i guess.

It feels to me like the speed is smaller part of the equation. The angle of the drift and keeping close to the line seems to make bigger difference. I could be wrong because that's just gut feeling.

It feels to me like the speed is smaller part of the equation. The angle of the drift and keeping close to the line seems to make bigger difference. I could be wrong because that's just gut feeling.

You could be right about it ;).
Meanwhile i've improved myself a little bit with this tune.👍
Only needed 3 or 4 attempts to do it,why didn't i used this before :banghead:.

Back