Suzuka Lap Times For 640+ Cars!

Bytheway that Civic R video doesn't mention a tyre (they usually do in Best Motoring)! Does anyone have the full video or more info about it?

I re-tested the Audi R8's because I wanted to do a comparison thread. I knocked a whole 1.5 seconds off the V10's lap time, so it's now a 2:13.0 and I tried for 20 more minutes to get a 2:12 but luck was against me. It's possible, but requires the sort of perfection that asks a little too much from a controller user.

I did much better the first time around with the V8 car because I could only cut my time down by 4 tenths of a second, from 2:14.9 to 2:14.5 but it is capable of at least low 2:14 if not very high 2:13's, but again, not with a controller unless you're superhuman and/or extremely lucky.

So basically the two cars are separated by 1.5 seconds by the end of their laps at Suzuka. Give me the 130 lbs lighter, slightly slower on the straights, slightly faster in the corners, much better-sounding (in my opinion) V8 car any day.

Last edited:
Sure, I'll just have to run the Red Bull standard championship 4 times. Is it worth an hours' work for a 20 minute test session? I probably won't end up using it for anything else :/

I wish there was a way to gift cars to people like in GT5. It's obnoxious on the part of PD to make us work so hard and so long for something that we'll only use once or twice.

Sure, I'll just have to run the Red Bull standard championship 4 times. Is it worth an hours' work for a 20 minute test session? I probably won't end up using it for anything else :/

I wish there was a way to gift cars to people like in GT5. It's obnoxious on the part of PD to make us work so hard and so long for something that we'll only use once or twice.
Well dunno but GT5 also prohibits you for gifting >1 million cars. Though that feature shouldve helped you testing between most of that 600 cars you have tested without churning out cash.

I bring this up because they're the new boys on the expensive brand. Probably you can test other 20 Million cars, you know, for customer advice ;) But then maybe i ask too much.

It's unfortunate but those 20 million cars will never be tested by me. I'm not running 9 or 10 Red Bull championships for one car. No way. PD is crazy for thinking I would do such a thing! I will do the GTO, but that's probably it as far as super-expensive cars go.

The '84 GTO is absolutely worth the money. It is very fast for it's PP value and got more stable after the 1.09 update.

Something you may consider doing, with regards to the 1.09 update's increase in rear toe, is test MR cars again and see how much of a time savings per lap this translates to.

So far it sounds like a good 1.5 to 2 seconds at Suzuka which is pretty significant. I'm betting the 600+ PP Audi R8 LMS cars will see an even better improvement because they were such a challenge before to drive at the limit and their speed will make up more time.

It's unfortunate but those 20 million cars will never be tested by me. I'm not running 9 or 10 Red Bull championships for one car. No way. PD is crazy for thinking I would do such a thing! I will do the GTO, but that's probably it as far as super-expensive cars go.
Lol ikr. Im asked too much. Its tedious even for myself:D

I tested the '84 GTO a while ago. That car was cheap compared with the '62 GTO.

I've re-tested the first and third generation MR2's, the Esprit's and Elise's. I'll be doing the 2nd gen MR2's soon. The turbo MR2 was one of the most annoying cars to drive at the limit. I hope they fixed it a little bit.

Edit: The MR2 GT-S is most definitely improved, or maybe it's just my skill with MR cars that's improved, but I went from 2:27.3 down to 2:26.5

Also, the old time was with 435 pp, the new time was with 434 due to Car Info screen telling me 241 hp is the correct specification, so I detuned to 99.2% to get that 241 hp.

'97 MR2 G-Limited went from 2:32.4 to a 2:31.1 but it was messy as hell in Degner Corner (turns 8 and 9) and I tried and tried to get a faster, cleaner lap, but it wasn't happening. The 2nd gen MR2 is one of the most complicated cars to master.

Last edited:
Re-tested the Toyota Supra RZ because there was no way the MR2 GT-S should be faster than it....right?????

Went from 2:26.8 to 2:26.4 versus the MR2's 2:26.5

It's supposed to have 276 hp according to the dealership & car info screens, but the garage displays 325 hp. I had to detune power to 84.9% which took peak power down from 5,500 to 4,000 rpm. With 325 hp I would predict 2:22 or 2:23

It's supposed to have 276 hp according to the dealership & car info screens, but the garage displays 325 hp. I had to detune power to 84.9% which took peak power down from 5,500 to 4,000 rpm. With 325 hp I would predict 2:22 or 2:23

That really ticks me off. Why the heck does PD do this? I see the type of stuff happen with many cars, not just the one in your example. There are several threads debating the worthiness of calling Gran Turismo a "simulator" in the first place, but when they can't even get the specs right - how am I to trust them on ANYTHING else? Geez....

Re-tested the Toyota Supra RZ because there was no way the MR2 GT-S should be faster than it....right?????

Went from 2:26.8 to 2:26.4 versus the MR2's 2:26.5

276hp in the Supra was the power figure rated by Toyota. They severely underrated the power because of the Japanese Gentleman's Agreement that cars would have no more than 276hp. This is also the case for 3000GT VR-4, Subaru WRX STi and Lancer Evo and a few other cars. The cars actually have over 300hp, but they would be rated by the manufacturer at 276 on the dot so as not to break the manufacturer's agreement.

That really ticks me off. Why the heck does PD do this? I see the type of stuff happen with many cars, not just the one in your example. There are several threads debating the worthiness of calling Gran Turismo a "simulator" in the first place, but when they can't even get the specs right - how am I to trust them on ANYTHING else? Geez....
PD is using the same principle which occurred in reality back in the late 90's. Japanese cars were underrated from the factory and actually made more power than advertised. So in game, the dealership says 276hp and when you drive it, you are over 300hp.

So should I re-test at the original 325 hp or keep the 276 hp time? I detuned all the R32-R34 Skyline GT-R's to 276 hp as well as most of the Imprezas and Evo's...

For the next game, I'm not detuning ****.

So should I re-test at the original 325 hp or keep the 276 hp time? I detuned all the R32-R34 Skyline GT-R's to 276 hp as well as most of the Imprezas and Evo's...

For the next game, I'm not detuning ****.
That's your call, but I'm afraid the dealership number was the bad information source for those Japanese cars and the garage number was more correct.

Here is a link to a quick explanation by @Famine.

I'm going to re-test the Supra and the Skyline GT-Rs. Is there a list somewhere of all cars in GT6 that are part of the gentleman's agreement?

The agreement was between 1989 and 2005 or 2006, so you may be looking at a lot of cars. All the GT-Rs, Supras, 3000GT VR-4s, any Lancer Evo and STi after '96 or '97, the turbo 2nd gen MR2... Maybe just look for cars in your garage with exactly 276hp and take the power limiter off?

The MR2 GT-S has 241 hp so good thing I don't have to re-test that one.

Re-tested Camaro Z28 '97 because I was craving a drive in it for some odd reason. Went from 2:26.840 to 2:26.563 and now I'm positive I can't do any better :)

Supra RZ with 325 hp ran a 2:23.842 like I predicted, about 2.6 seconds quicker than with 276 hp.

Last edited:
On the list of cars to re-test today:

300ZX
Evo's
Impreza's
Abarth 500
Camaro SS '00

Excited to find out just exactly how much better the SS is than the Z28 '97. As of right now it's 9 tenths, but it could be as much as 1.5 or even 2 seconds maaaaybe....

Last edited:
In the Camaro SS '00 I went from 2:25.265 to 2:24.972 but I was stuck at 2:25.050 for a good half hour...At least now I know it's 1.6 seconds faster than the Camaro Z28 '97.

GTO Twin Turbo MR '98 went from 2:29.4 at 276 hp to 2:27.9 at 313 hp.

350Z (Z33, US) '03 went from 2:22.6 to 2:22.1 at the same 460 pp. It can do 2:21 if you're absolutely perfect.

Last edited:
Oh man guys, check this out!

2:22.142 - 461 - 2008 Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34)
2:22.149 - 460 - 2003 Nissan 350Z (Z33, US)

Looks like I need to re-do the Z34. There's no way it's not faster than the Z33.

Aaaand the Z34 is now 2:21.960

Both cars are easy 2:22 cars, but the Z34 is slightly easier to nudge into the 2:21 range, barely.

Interestingly, the Z32 '98 car with full power (278 hp @ 6,200 rpm) is half a second slower than when detuned to 276 hp @ 6,000 rpm but if I had the spark of perfection in me I could get back most of that half a second.

Last edited:
The Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo MR '98 is such a pig. Best time 2:27.982 means even the Subaru Legacy B4 Blitzen '00 is faster...

Also re-tested the Toyota Aristo 3.0V '91 and V300 '00 at full power %. Times are 2:29.030 and 2:30.209 respectively.

Re-tested the Mazda Autozam and Honda Beat this morning! 2:53.7 and 2:53.8 respectively! Give me the Beat any day!

Honda Ballade Sports CR-X 1.5i '83 went from 2:42.1 to 2:41.6 but again it took me forever to break into the 2:41 range...

Last edited:
You know what we're learning from you re-running these cars, right? You're getting even BETTER at running Suzuka! LOL...Amazing... I took a couple cars and ran them stock around Suzuka a couple of days ago. Let's just say that my times were slightly higher than your times... :bowdown:

What do you mean online or offline? I go to Test Drive mode in the garage, but I'm connected to the PSN.

I have exactly 11,489.4 miles at Suzuka and 19,997.9 miles total distance. One more lap and I'll have 20k total miles.

What do you mean online or offline? I go to Test Drive mode in the garage, but I'm connected to the PSN.

I have exactly 11,489.4 miles at Suzuka and 19,997.9 miles total distance. One more lap and I'll have 20k total miles.
I meant online as in using a network lobby like a friends only room or practice room. There are time differences between racing online and offline where offline times are slightly lower by about 1 second per lap depending on the track.

So your Ballade CRX may run 2:42s to 2:43s if you raced it online compared to the test drive mode offline.

That's odd, I wonder why that is? Times should be the same on or offline.

full-17852-63204-jackie_chan_wtf1.jpg

Back