GT Sport SVG request thread (Please read 1st post)

• Thread starter daan
  • 10,544 comments
Hi decal wizards, im after some help please. I need the hexagon shape shown in the image (must be that exact hex as its dimensions are unique) made in 3 very specific colours please;

1) B6 blue chrome
2) R1 red chrome
3) Silver chrome ( no specific GT equivelant required for that)

If you could get 1 and 2 as close to the GT special paint chips as possible that would be awesome.

As usual i have no means of transfering a decal someone has made into my own library so if you would be kind enough to load it into your own section then that would be perfect.

Screenshot_20180611-173625.jpg

Hi decal wizards, im after some help please. I need the hexagon shape shown in the image (must be that exact hex as its dimensions are unique) made in 3 very specific colours please;

1) B6 blue chrome
2) R1 red chrome
3) Silver chrome ( no specific GT equivelant required for that)

If you could get 1 and 2 as close to the GT special paint chips as possible that would be awesome.

As usual i have no means of transfering a decal someone has made into my own library so if you would be kind enough to load it into your own section then that would be perfect.

View attachment 742783

Since decals can't be coloured with special paints can you not simply add that one to your collection and repaint it yourself? The colour pallette on offer is no different.

Since decals can't be coloured with special paints can you not simply add that one to your collection and repaint it yourself? The colour pallette on offer is no different.

Well you've just answered why i cant do it and why i've asked for 3 decals in that colour: "since decals cant be coloured with special paints"
That decal is in my collection but as you just stated, it cant be coloured with special paints. Hence why i need some one to create it in the 3 colours specified (they are guides so the artist has an idea of the shade i need).

What I'm asking for is someone to make that shape exactly like that one with the rounded edges and make it as close to the colours specified. User made graphics can be made in any colour, I have loads of chrome badges for example. It's only a hexagon, can't be that difficult surely for the decal wizards??!

Here's a tri-colour GT badge in chrome for example. So I'm someone to replicate that hex and make it in the 3 colours specified (not graduated or faded though - as one uniform colour) The reason I've provided colours in the game is for a reference to the decal creator.

Screenshot_20180612-101333.png

What I'm asking for is someone to make that shape exactly like that one with the rounded edges and make it as close to the colours specified. User made graphics can be made in any colour, I have loads of chrome badges for example. It's only a hexagon, can't be that difficult surely for the decal wizards??!

It's not difficult to do the hexagon... But it's probably just as quick for you to use that existing decal, and re-paint it in the editor yourself, that way you can tweak it until you get a colour you are happy with. These are the colours you've requested, but depending on where you sample the colour from, you can end up with very different shades of those colours.

DfbgudPWsAE0Y3S.jpg

DfbgpGZW0Ag6F-L.jpg

Dfbgr6LWkAEJYWb.jpg

You can't colour decals with chrome in editor or I would save my time and everyone else's and done it ages ago. Trust me, I'm fully aware of what I can and can't do in the editor!

Here's a tri-colour GT badge in chrome for example. So I'm someone to replicate that hex and make it in the 3 colours specified (not graduated or faded though - as one uniform colour) The reason I've provided colours in the game is for a reference to the decal creator.

View attachment 743001
I would say that only looks like chrome because of the gradients. If you look at each constituent colour, they're not chrome.

As you only want one solid colour in your hexagon, there is no way to make a "chrome" decal.

Can very bright metallic be done?! Anyone at least willing to give it a try for me please in either chrome or a bright metallic?!

Can very bright metallic be done?! Anyone at least willing to give it a try for me please in either chrome or a bright metallic?!

Decals can only use the same range of colours you can achieve with the colour picker in game (except for Black!). Honestly, you're best off just painting the decal you already have with the custom colour picker yourself so you can get a shade that you like. No custom decal can do a better job.

Special paint effects are basically rendering effects. Chrome, Metallic, Matte, Aluminium etc... they are all defined in the games rendering engine, not in SVG based decals.

Personally, I'm colour blind as **** so I can only go by values I can read with a colour picker in photoshop, but like I say... they vary depending on whereabouts on the car you sample the colour from, so I'm not the best person to judge such a thing.

edit:

So this is R1 Chrome... If you sample the colours on the car, you get a range like the dots on the left. If you sample the the side panel and use the 'Average' function, it gives the colour whose code is displayed.

upload_2018-6-12_10-57-2.png

So, go into your livery editor and paint your hexagon decal 99 / 96 / 43... that's about as close as I'd get.

Last edited:
A question but if it's top secret info I'll understand.

I see many livery creators have managed to create cars with the original window banner (Porsche 911 etc) but in the examples I have created with no window stickers these defaults do not show and it does not allow me to make a window sticker.

So how does one do the window sticker decal?

Thank you in advance!

I see many livery creators have managed to create cars with the original window banner (Porsche 911 etc) but in the examples I have created with no window stickers these defaults do not show and it does not allow me to make a window sticker.

Thank you in advance!

You can't do anything custom with window stickers, beyond the options that show up in the 'racing items'. The cars might have an 'normal' option, or they'll have the Black GT banner, or the White GT banner (or no banner)

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/manual/#!/liveryeditor/content04

You can't do anything custom with window stickers, beyond the options that show up in the 'racing items'. The cars might have an 'normal' option, or they'll have the Black GT banner, or the White GT banner (or no banner)

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/manual/#!/liveryeditor/content04

I have found out you can change/edit the windowbanner on the r92cp, its part of the bodies sticker-paste section. Not that its relevant, but its cool they let us do more now. If only all cars get that option.

Original is black iirc, I changed it and added Nismo decals.

28879066448_36b8ea0e43_c.jpg

Last edited:
latest

Anyone creative with Inkscape or another svg programme? I'm busy with another art car and would like to do a tribute to one of the most popular (and hated) races in GT history :D :gtpflag:

I don't have the patience to make it.. Has to be a half mask, half normal decal where the 'Like The Wind' text + upper wing will get the colour of the car or the layer underneath.. Your work will be appreciated + honoured ! :bowdown:

I would say that only looks like chrome because of the gradients. If you look at each constituent colour, they're not chrome.

As you only want one solid colour in your hexagon, there is no way to make a "chrome" decal.

Why can't you just make a sort of template (masking tape in a sense) where the area around and outside the hexagon is a certain colour (black for uploading purposes), while the outline of the hexagon itself is transparent? That way when you apply the decal on the car, the special colour you use for the car will also apply to the hexagon.

Example (the special colour used here was probably a type of gold (thus the gold hexagons) and he painted the rest of the car in yellow stickers (which is why you can't see gold anywhere else on the car):

Also, there was a GTP livery competition based entirely on this topic. @Lebowski feel free to look through here to see what's possible.

Last edited:
Anyone creative with Inkscape or another svg programme? I'm busy with another art car and would like to do a tribute to one of the most popular (and hated) races in GT history :D :gtpflag:

I don't have the patience to make it.. Has to be a half mask, half normal decal where the 'Like The Wind' text + upper wing will get the colour of the car or the layer underneath.. Your work will be appreciated + honoured ! :bowdown:

Okay, So I've actually managed to get it done together in a manner I hope you wanted it to.

I've uploaded it on my GT, it somehow doesn't show up on my feed or gallery, but whenever it does. It can be found under the tags: Likethewind, Granturismo, Events

Thank you in advance!

First of all, sorry about the double post. :D

Now, this window banner is no sticker, the only example of a car where you can alter it (colour it, add extra bits and bobs, etc.) is on the R92CP, just like @JKcreativeworks has demonstrated.

For the 911 RSR and pretty much every other car in GT Sport, you can't do this. If you want the original banner, you need to go into livery editor, then to Racing Item -> Windshield banner -> Original/Normal. This way you get the black base with red writing.

Personally, I wish PD would let us alter this like on the R92CP since the original banner on the RSR sometimes doesn't complement some liveries as well as intended. Like if I wanted to make the "Pink Pig" or Rothmans Retro liveries 911 RSR that will be running at Le Mans this year, as soon as you would finish it, being unable get that one last detail spot on would be irritating for some I imagine:

b7e7b77a4f06a6961db405dd2dc2d219.jpg

Back