SVGOMG problem?

United States
Colorado
Has anybody else having problems with the SVGOMG web page. Every time I try to resize my SVG file all of my letters are all distorted looking. Sometime even through the letter look funny I'll go ahead & upload them into GTSport they will come out right and then other time they are still distorted. I've tried to re download the page but so far is doesn't work. Any idea what's going on or what I need to do to fix this problem.

garystevens64

Has anybody else having problems with the SVGOMG web page. Every time I try to resize my SVG file all of my letters are all distorted looking. Sometime even through the letter look funny I'll go ahead & upload them into GTSport they will come out right and then other time they are still distorted. I've tried to re download the page but so far is doesn't work. Any idea what's going on or what I need to do to fix this problem.

garystevens64
The usual « JakeArchibald » SVGOMG had an update which is not longer GTSport friendly.

Use this one, it is specifically optimized for GTS :
https://xerocho.github.io/svgomg/

Thank you for for your help & I checked it out & it still showed the letters all crazy looking. Here is what it looks like.
thumbnail 2.jpg
thumbnail.jpg
thumbnail 2.jpg thumbnail.jpg

Thank you for for your help & I checked it out & it still showed the letters all crazy looking. Here is what it looks like.View attachment 874778 View attachment 874779 View attachment 874778 View attachment 874779
It’s because precision is set to zero.

You’ll get the best results in size/quality ratio with a precision of 2 or 3.

If your decal is not under the 15kB limit with a precision of 2, you can try to use level 1 if it is very small on your car, but you’d rather try to optimize it in the software.

Ok. When you say precision is set to 0 are you talking about a setting in Inkscape or under SVGOMG settings? Sorry if this seems like a stupid question but I just want to make sure I get it right so I don't have keep asking if it should happen again.

garystevens64

I was able to fix the problem I was having before but now I'm having trouble with the uploads (GTSport Uploader). Just like my other problem the uploads are all distorted looking. Here is what they look like and I've also included the originals. The Goodyear Tires Logo won't let me use a linear gradient. It keeps changing it to black. What am I do or not doing.

Attachments

• Good Year Tires.jpg
    Good Year Tires.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Shell Gas.jpg
    Shell Gas.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Shell Gas Logo - black.svg
    7.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Shell Gas Logo.svg
    7.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Goodyear Tires Logo.svg
    15.5 KB · Views: 11
I was able to fix the problem I was having before but now I'm having trouble with the uploads (GTSport Uploader). Just like my other problem the uploads are all distorted looking. Here is what they look like and I've also included the originals. The Goodyear Tires Logo won't let me use a linear gradient. It keeps changing it to black. What am I do or not doing.
The Goodyear is black because 2 paths are using one gradient definition.
gradient.png

To fix this I just picked path 13 and changed the end point color value down one then back up one. Need all 1's in the # column for gradients. Like this.
gradient2.png

The shell gas was probably by not having the style elements in SVGOMG turned off. Make sure the settings look like this at the bottom.
style.png

Attachments

• Goodyear Tires Logo fix.svg
    11.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Shell Gas Logo style off.svg
    7.6 KB · Views: 13
  • style.png
    style.png
    3.3 KB · Views: 11
ok I know that there's two questions there. One about gradients and the other the settings in SVGOMG. I thought I had fixed the problem with the SVGOMG but after trying to upload some decals they all came up funky looking. So Ill try resetting the SVGOMG setting & hope that it fixes that problem. Thanks for all of your help.

garystevens64

That fixed my problem with uploading files and having them not looking right. Thank you so much for taking the time to help me out. I know sometimes the questions I ask my seem pretty simple, its just all of this is kinda new to me & I'm trying to figure this stuff out.

garystevens64

Back