• 55 comments

SVX

The White Comet
Premium
New Zealand
Wellington
7990565872_a19ca42563_z.jpg

Hi, and welcome to my gallery!

My name is Josh. And yes, to those Subaru buffs out there, my name is certainly a reference to the car. :D

Taking photos of cars is something I enjoy. It allows me to display my side of automotive taste, to the rest of the world. I have been taking photos of cars in Gran Turismo since the 4th game, and have constantly persevered to improve.

To improve, though, I need constructive criticism. Every little bit helps, so don't hesitate to say it, big or small! :)

Thanks. :cheers:

flickr

The First of Many

So, this is my first update of GT6. I was happy with a few shots, but I'm not really happy with HSR. To be honest, the lighting at HSR is just so bland. :yuck:

Thanks for looking! :cheers:

C&C are welcome. :)

Last edited:
The Autumn Ring shot is the best in the set, captures the trees nicely. And it's followed by the last shot, which just looks nice and clean. 👍

Totally my thoughts. Yes.

Kaz definitely screwed up the trees at Autumn Ring. Believe me, I know. I go gaga in Fall, I study the trees. I live beneath them staring as the leaves fall on my face. I take photographs till my card runs out of space or I run out of time. And the way Josh blurred them out (panned?) brought the realism back; Kaz's GT6 autumn trees lack colour. I think he does a lot better with the cherry blossom. :sly:

The last shot looks really fit. 👍

Great way to start things off, even if I have a bit of angst toward the Fit after being forced to use it. :lol:

Last three are the stars for me.

Nice start to your gallery! I love the last two shots mate. Composition and angles are great.

To be honest I take back all the bad things I've said about the Honda Fit. It actually isn't that bad to drive when you compare it to the Prius. <---- Horrible car to drive! Never doing that One-make race ever again!:lol:

It's not a bad first set at all. Yeah I probably agree the HSR ones are weaker. Overall the brightness and clarity is nice. The car really pops in them. 👍

I guess to offer any kind useful crit I would say perhaps a bit more obvious toning might make them feel a little more realistic and less gamey. But the compositions are quite nice. The last 2 are my favs. 👍

Only slight crit with those last 2 is the dof (f stop) might be a bit to low. With the camera at that distance from the car and that much dof blur it straddles the border of looking like a mini or toy car. But that's just me being picky. ;)

I won't be original, my fav' are the mast three. I think, to have a better light in the HSR we must use the weather change and put it on 50% (or 75% without rain). that's how I was doing in GT5 (not testing in the 6 with the new lightning engine).
I'm a big fan of the kind of bokeh you've used in the last two shots, and I didn't think to it but after reading it I feel George is right about the combo apperture and focal lenght on these two shots :cheers:

Nice start, Joshua! Love the second Autumn Ring and first Gemasolar shot! :drool:👍

The Autumn Ring shot is the best in the set, captures the trees nicely. And it's followed by the last shot, which just looks nice and clean. 👍

Thanks man! :cheers:

Totally my thoughts. Yes.

Kaz definitely screwed up the trees at Autumn Ring. Believe me, I know. I go gaga in Fall, I study the trees. I live beneath them staring as the leaves fall on my face. I take photographs till my card runs out of space or I run out of time. And the way Josh blurred them out (panned?) brought the realism back; Kaz's GT6 autumn trees lack colour. I think he does a lot better with the cherry blossom. :sly:

The last shot looks really fit. 👍

Thanks man, glad that you think the trees came out well. :cheers:

Great way to start things off, even if I have a bit of angst toward the Fit after being forced to use it. :lol:

Last three are the stars for me.

:lol:

Thanks T-12. :cheers:

Oh, there it is :D Following this now :)
Great first set 👍

Thanks man! :)

Nice start to your gallery! I love the last two shots mate. Composition and angles are great.

To be honest I take back all the bad things I've said about the Honda Fit. It actually isn't that bad to drive when you compare it to the Prius. <---- Horrible car to drive! Never doing that One-make race ever again!:lol:

Thanks man! :)

Oh yes, you've got that right. I know it's not meant to be a track car, but still. :scared:

GPR
It's not a bad first set at all. Yeah I probably agree the HSR ones are weaker. Overall the brightness and clarity is nice. The car really pops in them. 👍

I guess to offer any kind useful crit I would say perhaps a bit more obvious toning might make them feel a little more realistic and less gamey. But the compositions are quite nice. The last 2 are my favs. 👍

Only slight crit with those last 2 is the dof (f stop) might be a bit to low. With the camera at that distance from the car and that much dof blur it straddles the border of looking like a mini or toy car. But that's just me being picky. ;)

Thanks a lot for the in-depth feedback, I totally see what you're saying. Will definitely pay more attention to that next time. :)

I won't be original, my fav' are the mast three. I think, to have a better light in the HSR we must use the weather change and put it on 50% (or 75% without rain). that's how I was doing in GT5 (not testing in the 6 with the new lightning engine).
I'm a big fan of the kind of bokeh you've used in the last two shots, and I didn't think to it but after reading it I feel George is right about the combo apperture and focal lenght on these two shots :cheers:

Thanks for the in-depth feedback as well man!

Love the DoF in your last 2 shots! Great composition as well. 👍

Many thanks man. :cheers:

I like the angle in number 4.

Thanks TVR&FF! :cheers:

4th shot has to be my favorite, they're all really great!

Thanks fellow Subaru fanatic! :lol:

Nice start, Joshua! Love the second Autumn Ring and first Gemasolar shot! :drool:👍

Thanks Justin, glad you like them. :)

Cone Killer

Yep, bit of a delay on this one. :lol: Got a bit stuck for which style I should go through, finally found one in the end and I'm actually quite happy with it. :D
http://www.flickr.com/photos/alcylonesvx/11809282025/

Thanks for looking! :cheers:

All the best for 2014 as well! :cheers:

Last edited:
These are nice. I like the toning much better on this set and the compositions are interesting. As Nux mentions good use of cones. 👍

I quite like shots 1,2 & 4. 👍

I agree with George and Nux, very original and well done set 👍
Shot 2 & 4 are my fav', but I like also a lot the second to last last one (a bit different from the others).

I love the first one of the cone set. It looks like the Miata is being revealed after crashing through the cones :D

By the way, how did you make the horizontal rule splitting your responses and images? I don't think the BBCode for that works on this site.

The tones make your photo look so down to Earth and so very cool. Ground-shaking quality if that's what you could call it. :)

It took you long enough to edit them. :lol: You took the original shots mid December. The edits look decent though, some unique angles for the shots themselves, though the editing doesn't really add much to the shot. 👍

The tones look really nice though. A cool blue tone calms the shots down. Balances the insanity of what's going on in the shots.

Brilliant shots! Great toning and creative use of cones.👍 Shot 4 is my absolute fav.<3

Many thanks. :cheers:

GPR
These are nice. I like the toning much better on this set and the compositions are interesting. As Nux mentions good use of cones. 👍

I quite like shots 1,2 & 4. 👍

Thanks a lot for stopping by and sharing your input GPR. :cheers:

Fantastic set SVX, brilliant toning aswell, agree that shot number 4 is the winner :drool:

Thanks man. :cheers:

I agree with George and Nux, very original and well done set 👍
Shot 2 & 4 are my fav', but I like also a lot the second to last last one (a bit different from the others).

Thanks Kodje. :cheers:

I love the first one of the cone set. It looks like the Miata is being revealed after crashing through the cones :D

Thanks for stopping by old friend! Man, it's been many moons since I last saw you. :)

Unusual and nice "cone killer" set, creative work rarely seen. Welcome and happy new year.

Many thanks, hope you had a great new year also. :cheers:

The tones make your photo look so down to Earth and so very cool. Ground-shaking quality if that's what you could call it. :)

:embarrassed:

Thanks man! :cheers:

It took you long enough to edit them. :lol: You took the original shots mid December. The edits look decent though, some unique angles for the shots themselves, though the editing doesn't really add much to the shot. 👍

The tones look really nice though. A cool blue tone calms the shots down. Balances the insanity of what's going on in the shots.

Eh, I guess that's to be expected by me really. :lol:

Thanks Alex. :cheers:

Gettin' Ma License

With GTA slowing down in update progress, and PD finally getting their act together I dusted off the ol' GT6 disc and started snapping some shots. Eagle eye viewers will notice that this set consists of the Novice license part. They will also notice that I somehow deleted my shot of the Mazda 2. :dunce:

That's all for now, but not forever. ;)

Thanks for looking, please put forward your criticisms, I need to get better some way or another. :)

Cheers! :cheers:

Last edited:
I still reckon that there are too many similar angles in this set. But because you have quite a few different cars in this set, the angles sort of set a theme themselves... They look great though.

Except for that RCZ shot... You know how when you first showed it to me I said "I don't like that shot," right? Well... I still don't like it. :lol: It still makes the Peugeot look like a butt, but I guess it's a change from it looking like a deformed fish that slightly resembles a cat.

Back