Swedish cars, non-existing in GT4

  • Thread starter Thread starter coolacrille
  • 42 comments
  • 2,062 views
Messages
211
Okay, I am not like the most hardcore fan of the GT-series since I only recently bought GT4 and never played the previous games. BUT, I am a really 👍 big fan of GT4 for many reasons and I am almost 30% through it. There is just one thing......
Where are the Saab's? Why is there only two Volvo's? I know everyone is discussing the "Skyline-Symptom"(guess you could call it that), and I don't mind all the Japanese cars but what the ****? :ouch: Saab and Volvo are big car manufacturers. They make probably the safest cars in the world today. Their cars are exclusive and some really sporty. I was really disappointed when I went into the Swedish showroom to find out that there was no Saab's at all and just one purchasable Volvo. Gah!

Disappointed.
 
PD actually tried to get licenses for Saab but they said NO to PD.
 
That was new to me as well.... there should have been more volvo's though. Would like to drive an S80 around the ring. :D
 
I agree. With Saab being the biggest convertable manufacturer in the North American market, you'd think they would have been happy to put their cars in. Volvo too, the company has really changed in the past 10 years, making safe, but beautiful/luxury and sporty cars. I'm calling SHNANAGANS!
 
What other companies rejected a nice way to advertise their product? IMO it would be stupid to say no. This is coming from an advertising major btw.
 
i would have liked some Volvo Touring cars. they rocked.
 
Vovlo have obviousely only just jumpend on the bandwagon, Saab thuogh have said no since GT2, I don't know what reasons were given but theres been a few rumours why they said no.
 
It's probably because their cars aren't sports cars and wouldn't want to see their cars get beaten by cheap ass Hondas.
 
live4speed
Vovlo have obviousely only just jumpend on the bandwagon, Saab thuogh have said no since GT2, I don't know what reasons were given but theres been a few rumours why they said no.

What kind of rumours would that be?
 
I think its strange because GM owns Saab and many (not all) of GM's makes made it into the game. But i guess it is up to who has direct ownership of the manufacturer.
 
chinko
i would have liked some Volvo Touring cars. they rocked.
Hehe, all the BTCC cars from that era would have been great. Already got the Calibra and Alfa, but they're missing the Volvo's, Renault Laguna's, Ford Mondeo's, Primera's and a load of others. :guilty:
 
coolacrille
What kind of rumours would that be?
That it's beacuse of another manufacturer appearing in the series, which is just a runour ofcourse, but it's been going since GT2.
 
live4speed
That it's beacuse of another manufacturer appearing in the series, which is just a runour ofcourse, but it's been going since GT2.
what other manufacturer? plz tell me all about this because it seems so freakin stupid to me. I mean this is one of the best ways to "advertise" your product and they say NO? And wat about Volvo? Know anthing bout that?
 
I would have loved to see my car in the game: a black 1995 Volvo 850 with 134,000 miles, dirty windshields, scratches on one door panel, and a large dent with white paint marks above the front left tire. Yeah... that would be sweet.
 
I was wondering the same thing. I mean, Volvo makes a better version of the car already in the game. Instead of the T5, y not put the S60R and V70R? My dad drove the S60 and he LOVED it. 300hp and AWD. Nice combo. If they put my moms old 90' 740 GLE in there, i would have souped it all the way up, saved it to a memory card, and buried it for my grand kids to see (if something still have a PS product that reads GT4). They would be like, "You actually RODE in something like that?!?!" and i would be like "Yep, for 12 years of my life!" Ahh.... that was a great car... kinda miss it... but we got a new Mazda6 with the SWEET sounding V-6. Thats a good replacement if you ask me! 👍
 
TheAdvocate
I would have loved to see my car in the game: a black 1995 Volvo 850 with 134,000 miles, dirty windshields, scratches on one door panel, and a large dent with white paint marks above the front left tire. Yeah... that would be sweet.
Well, I would have really loved to see some Saabs. I mean, the 9-3 Convertible was an awesome car to drive after a test drive. I just wanted to drive one, never really wanted to get it. I was hoping GT4 would let me continue that, but sadly no.
 
Yeah, I like Saabs too. Would love it if they were in the game. Imagine a 9-2X against a WRX? Saab and Volvo have really change in these recent years. I wasn't much of a fan for them but they're really stylish and sporty looking, not too mention, the safest cars on the planet.
 
TheAdvocate
I would have loved to see my car in the game: a black 1995 Volvo 850 with 134,000 miles, dirty windshields, scratches on one door panel, and a large dent with white paint marks above the front left tire. Yeah... that would be sweet.
Haha, that's hilarious. I think if they actually had my car in the game I'd feel really bad because mine would be in such comparatively bad shape. I'd end up spending every cent I had to make it look like the one in the game.

And Saab would be great to have in the series. Especially the 9-3 Viggen...which would be even better if they simulated the ridiculously huge torque steer the car exhibited. Heard it was supposedly insanely hard to hold straight under full throttle. Anyone know Saab's rival that's in GT4? That doesn't sound like the Swedes...aren't they non-confrontational as a general rule? Never heard of a Swedish feud :D
 
smellysocks12
It's probably because their cars aren't sports cars and wouldn't want to see their cars get beaten by cheap ass Hondas.

Hehe.. "oops there's a corner... ahhhh!!!! :nervous: "

jammyozzy
Hehe, all the BTCC cars from that era would have been great. Already got the Calibra and Alfa, but they're missing the Volvo's, Renault Laguna's, Ford Mondeo's, Primera's and a load of others. :guilty:

yesssss!!!!!! Please!!!!!!

The car I was really hoping to see when I opened the doors to the Volvo dealership was the 850 T5... that was a real Q-Ship in its time... shame they didn't get more Volvos! Although the S60 T5 is kinda fun to drive.

And the 9-3 Viggen would be a kick-ass car to have in the game... just the fact it would be in the game would be kick-ass... even if it weren't competitive with anything else european.
 
I agree with everyone, it is puzzling why some companies shy away from games... maybe the owners are abit conservative?? (there is no room for conservatism in the 21st century)

sooo. here's my tribute to Volvo... Driftin S60!
 
s12ken
sooo. here's my tribute to Volvo... Driftin S60!

How do you get your picture to come out like that?? The car still looks like its moving, but is clear, not blurry as if the car was rushing past. How do you get it like that? :dunce:
 
Umm, the photo settings, change something all the way to 0. You can go from 0 to 22.0. Forgot what it's called. I'll post later when I find the name. Aperture I think
 
Aperature set to F22.0, shutter speed at 1/60, and take it from a fairly stable camera angle. I think i should've added +0.04 to the exposure compensation to make it brighter but i was lazy.
 
s12ken
Aperature set to F22.0, shutter speed at 1/60, and take it from a fairly stable camera angle. I think i should've added +0.04 to the exposure compensation to make it brighter but i was lazy.

Kool, Thanks! 👍
 
Set exposure time to something slow, and manual focus on the car. That way, it'll be the only thing "in" focus.
 
it is bizarre that saab didn't decide to put a car or two into GT4 especially since they are sharing so much with subaru now with the GM dealings, however i suppose it is a marketing thing as well. As the game is targeted at a younger audiance, subaru's already have a cult status in this niche market and they would be silly to stop now and well Saab have always catered to an older group.

It's all about market strategy i suppose.
 
I agree totally. Why have they put obscure makes (e.g. Hommell, ASL, Proto Motors) in the game and not Saabs? It would be great to have Saabs (especially the convertible ones) in the game. I'd like to see a Scania lorry in the game as well, but most people would think this is stupid. Maybe in GT5?
 
Back