Sweet Cars to Buy After Getting the Formula GT? (Used Only)

  • Thread starter Thread starter SS_1182
  • 32 comments
  • 3,778 views
Messages
1,173
Messages
user27564
Like most people, when I was cycling through the used lot for a while waiting for the Formula GT to show up, I saw several very enticing cars that I'd like to acquire. I'd like to have a list going for really nice cars to watch out for. I know there are many great cars that come up, but I'm looking for racecars specifically. What are your favorites? Pictures would be great!!





I'd also like to know what you guys think the top 3 cars are on this game, performance-wise. I've heard someone say that the FGT is the #2 car, so what would the #1 car be?
 
Yeah, but I can just win that car for free. I'm talking specifically about cars that can only be found in the used lot, but thanks.
 
Jaguar - XJR-9 Le Mans '88 is quite weird and fast.
 
All of the RUF cars
 
Toyota GT-One
Bentley Speed 8
Audi R8 LMS
etc.
 
The CLK GTR is pretty sweet.

The RUF cars are good with the possible exception of the AWD one. Have not tried it in GT5 yet but in GT4 that one just never seemed to drive quite right and everytime it got air it always wanted to land on the right front and cause major problems with control.

The 71 Lotus Europa is pretty cool as is the 91 TVR V8S, only TVR in game that does not look like a TVR.

Shelby Series One is a great ride for the price and the power range.

And One of my favorites the 67 Cougar XR7 though you can win that one in career mode.
 
Toyota 7 looks incredibly fun to drive. Bentley speed 8, Audi R8 LMS, GT one
 
Dodge Neon - Don't laugh, tune this thing fully and it's almost 600hp and goes like a bat outta heck! You can post times in the low 6 minute mark on the nurburgring easy with it. It's so fun to race higher end cars w/ that thing! :lol: But it takes a while to get used to the FF handling.

Suzuki GSX-R/4 Concept '01 - It's very unique looking, do a full weight reduction on it and it's about 500kg and fully tuned it's in the high 280hp range and it goes like a firecracker in the corners. A little squirrely (be sure to put the wing on the back for some grip) but tons of fun.

Spoon S2000 - Awesome looking in all black. Handles great and looks great. I really enjoy this car.

Oh crap.. sorry didn't read your post about race cars... bah just ignore this..
 
The Formula GT is the best car from the used lot, second only to the X1 overall. As others have said, the Toyota 7, Chaparral 2J, Bentley Speed 8, really any of the expensive race cars are solid choices.

I got the TVR Speed 12 from the used lot up to 1026hp, it's fast but I haven't played around with tuning enough to know if it can really be a beast car. The Saleen S7 has potential but I haven't tried tuning one yet.
 
Sauber-Mercedes_C9%2C_Bj._1988_%282009-08-07_Sp%29.jpg


Is it big enough?
 
two cars i've been searching for after purchasing my fgt, the audi r8 lms and the fina mclaren f1 gtr
 
Spyker C8

Spyker-C8-Laviolette.jpg

I bought one last night - stunning thing to look at, just a shame it is Standard so can't take it on photoshoots.

I also got a Renault 5 Maxi Turbo - the Group B rally cross thing - for just under Cr.1m - the thing may be ultra rare, but it drives like a pig with comical turbo lag.
 
How much is that Sauber?? That might be the next one for me. Is it grey/silver on the game as well?


Thanks for the pics guys!
 
BMW V12 is quite rare i guess :P

How is it in terms of performance? I've seen it in the lot twice and it looks interesting, but not sure if it's actually worth the money.
 
How much is that Sauber?? That might be the next one for me. Is it grey/silver on the game as well?


Thanks for the pics guys!

It's around 5.2million, it looks exactly like the picture
 
After purchasing the FGT, I went on a spree to acquire cars I had to pass up in order to afford that elusive car. As soon as I built my credits back up, I was quick to snap up every Ruf, a Zonda or two, the NSX LM Prototype road and race cars, every Spoon (waiting on the Fit to show up), a few DTM cars (Astra, Calibra, and Audi TT so far), various other Hondas (OEM, Mugen, Opera, Amuse), etc.. I also picked up random cars for their colors.



 
How is it in terms of performance? I've seen it in the lot twice and it looks interesting, but not sure if it's actually worth the money.

its not as fast as the other LMPs, but it handles incredibly well
 
Buy a chapparel 2j car. in GT4 it was king for its age apart from toyota 7. i remember taking it up to 400 on de la sarthe. awesome car in GT5 too.
 
After purchasing the FGT, I went on a spree to acquire cars I had to pass up in order to afford that elusive car. As soon as I built my credits back up, I was quick to snap up every Ruf, a Zonda or two, the NSX LM Prototype road and race cars, every Spoon (waiting on the Fit to show up), a few DTM cars (Astra, Calibra, and Audi TT so far), various other Hondas (OEM, Mugen, Opera, Amuse), etc.. I also picked up random cars for their colors.






Great pics!! Is the orange car the older McLaren?
 
I picked up the Zonda LM Race car today and the RX 7 LM race car yesterday. Also got the RS200 rally car and the Astra Touring car over the last couple of days. Got to go earn more money now.

I wish they had an option to run the race again after we collect the credits rather than have to back out and reload everytime.

Come on PD throw us a bone here.
 
Te Spyker is definitely a must buy if only for the engine note. The real Spyker has the best V8 engine note ever in my opinion, and PD has done a nice job in capturing it for GT5.

The XJ220 and the muscle cars are the other ones I would recommend. I'm still hunting for a Superbird.
 
Tommy Kaira II hasn't been mentionned yet for some reason... 4wd fully tuned has 743 hp and around 1050 if i remember correctly i gifted a fully upgraded one to a friend. power/weight ratio is way up there 1.20. And its 4wd with really low center of gravity, considered to be of the hidden gems in the game. when you finnaly see it kinda looks like a mix of a carrera gt and a lotus elise.... very beautiful car
 
Back