SynthwaveMusic 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 46 comments

CodeRedR51

Premium
United States
United States
....or similar. Anyone else into this type of music? I think it's funny that I enjoy it so much since my usual go-to's are stuff like Chevelle and Godsmack.

Anyway, if anyone knows some artists or songs that are similar to the ones below, please share. Searching high and low on YouTube and can't seem to find more than a few tracks with a sound similar to these:

....or similar.
How similar are we talking? I'm getting a strong Depeche Mode vibe from the first two, and while it was clear I was wanting to hear more similarities once I actually listened to it for comparison purposes, "The Downtown Lights" by The Blue Nile was the first thing that came to mind for the third.

It's definitely not the same thing--generally referred to as art-pop or synthpop--and it's not quite as "rich" unless you get into the EQ and bring some things up and others down, plus it's driven considerably more by vocals, but it couldn't hurt to check it out.

this genre is the best thing i discovered in 2017, i literally only listen to this lol. i also like a lot retrowave and new wave

Not at all, but new wave is very broad (I know this because it's what I typically listen to) and I'm curious as to what sort you're referring to.
Well i include new wave because i like some songs but i listen mostly retro wave (because its old school feeling, even if I’m not old), synthwave and some experimental. Lately I’ve been listening FLUME a lot.

You should look up Gunship, Myrone & Code Electro.

Gunship released an LP in 2016, the record came on a picture disc in packaging mimicking a floppy disc.

Also look into Powerglove who did the Music for Far Cry Blood Dragon and also SURVIVE who for those not in the know are the guys who did the music to Stranger Things.

Do Moss Of Aura count or are they not quite synthy enough?

Been getting into Synthwave lately (GOAT driving music). NINA - memories is my go to jam at the moment.

My contribution:

I got to Carpenter Brut because of Kristoffer Rygg (big fan), but really enjoyed this whole album. I didn't even know "Synthwave" was a thing, but I think this fits nicely here.

When I first read about synthwave on this thread and played through the examples I thought of that guy on the Forza Horizon 1 soundtrack.

Does it count as synthwave if it was made in the early eighties?

Back