System of a Down - HypnotizeMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter smellysocks12
  • 38 comments
  • 2,013 views
Messages
1,766
HypnotizeFrontCoverWeb.jpg


TRACK LISTING
1.Attack
2.Dreaming
3. Kill Rock 'n Roll
4.Hypnotize
5. Stealing Society
6. Tentative
7. U-Fig
8. Holy Mountains
9. Vicinity of Obscenity
10. She's Like Heroin
11. Lonely Day
12. Soldier Side

After the first part of this double album, the 2nd part will drop November 22nd.


On their site you can hear their new song "Hypnotize".

http://www.systemofadown.com/

I'm sure it will be a very nice album once again! Can't wait to hear it.
 
Sytem of a Down rocks. I haven't really heard a song from them I don't like.
 
wow,cant wait till NOV 22. i've got all of soad's albums and i cant wait to get this one.

And i'm actually quite suprised that they will release this just 6months from the release of mezmerize. Bands usually take a long time to make an album
 
It's kind of part of the same package. All songs were recorded with 1 album recording period and I guess they figured they had too many good songs to make it just a single album.
 
That new song sounds awesome! Serj is singing again :D
 
smellysocks12
It's kind of part of the same package. All songs were recorded with 1 album recording period and I guess they figured they had too many good songs to make it just a single album.
And they wouldn´t make as much money releasing it as a double album. Use Your Illusion anyone?

Anyway, should be good. Mesmerize is one of my favorite albums this year.
 
Sort of the same thing they did with Toxicity and Steal this Album.
I liked Mezmerize, but I still think the first album was their best.
 
I thought Steal This Album! was just a collection of previously unreleased stuff to bridge the gap between Toxicity and Mezmerize/Hypnotize?
 
Shannon
I thought Steal This Album! was just a collection of previously unreleased stuff to bridge the gap between Toxicity and Mezmerize/Hypnotize?

You thought right.

I like the new track and if it's anything like "Mesmerize" then the other tracks will be better. "BYOB" and "Cigaro", the two tracks I heard before the rest of the album were my least favourites when I heard the rest.
 
Shannon
I thought Steal This Album! was just a collection of previously unreleased stuff to bridge the gap between Toxicity and Mezmerize/Hypnotize?


They released Steal this album! because they recorded many more songs than they used for the album when recording for Toxicity. So these are kind of the 2nd choice songs. I don't think the album is much worse than Toxicity though. If they'd have told me it was an actual full fledged album I would have believed it as well.
 
smellysocks12
They released Steal this album! because they recorded many more songs than they used for the album when recording for Toxicity. So these are kind of the 2nd choice songs. I don't think the album is much worse than Toxicity though. If they'd have told me it was an actual full fledged album I would have believed it as well.

It's said that the tracks are "from the mid-1990s through 2001" so they weren't all recorded at the time of Toxicity. It's just a collection of unreleased tracks, not outtakes from Toxicity.
 
Cant wait, ive got all albums except steal this album (which i considered doing, joke lol)
 
FatAssBR
And they wouldn´t make as much money releasing it as a double album. Use Your Illusion anyone?

Anyway, should be good. Mesmerize is one of my favorite albums this year.

Only difference is that with the Use Your Illusion duo there was too much music to fit on one CD - in total there's about 2 1/2 hours worth of music there (two CDs chock full of G'N'R goodness). On the Mezmerize/Hypnotize pair, there will probably be less music than just one of the Use Your Illusions. Don't get me wrong - System are my favourite band; check the GTP 100 Greatest Rock Bands thread to confirm it - and Mezmerize was stunning, but I was expecting more than 36 minutes worth of music from it, and it doesn't look like Hypnotize will be much longer.
 
About 40 minutes for a rock album is enough. That's long enough to keep it interesting. If an album is 60 minutes long you bet I'm skipping through songs, which I don't do when I listen to mezmerize.



36 minutes is long when compared to some slayer albums.
 
Roo
Mezmerize was stunning, but I was expecting more than 36 minutes worth of music from it, and it doesn't look like Hypnotize will be much longer.

Its about quality not quantity, although i do agree that quantity would have been great :p There wasnt exactly much time between the two releases though so you cant realy complain. As long as the music is just as good as previous albums i dont mind :p
 
I.cant.wait.much.longer!

Hope they play at download next year again..
 
That cover art looks like something my dog left in the backyard, but i kinda like the new song so far. Hope the rest are good. 👍
 
Yeah Hypnotize (The single) is pretty sweet, didn't have as much impact as B.Y.O.B did earlier this year, but never the less its a nice song. 👍
 
I thought BYOB was one of the weaker songs on Mezmerize, I don't think the song Hypnotize really grabs you by the throat either, but I'm sure that there are some definite bangers on the album.



Here are 2 songs off the new album, live versions recorded at some festival, from the sampler promotional cd:

Holy Mountain (Live):

http://s46.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1CHSOLSUKKJUU3718PJL9U0YSY

Kill Rock & Roll (Live):

http://s46.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2INW890F9UWWZ0Z1F3B3BFLUD7


👍 Both better than the single in my opinion, even though the sound quality here is crappy.
 
smellysocks12
I thought BYOB was one of the weaker songs on Mezmerize.

What I always say about that song is that its a great song yes, but the album it is on makes it seem average, at best, if they made it on any other album it could of stood out, but Mezmerize was so damn good that B.Y.O.B seemed a bit inadequite.
 
Lets say that I just "ran into" *cough* this album, and so far it sounds alright to me. I guess it still has to grow onto me like SOAD albums always do. So far I'm surprised by how much Serj leaves the vocals to the other people, more than before... or at least dual vocals.
 
I thought Mezmerize was a very good album when it came out and I still like it a lot. I have to give Hypnotize some time before I can judge it.


Vicinity of obscenity
definitely takes the cake for weirdest SOAD song EVER though. Right now I don't really enjoy it, might grow onto me later, but I'm not sure.



And that is even before I heard She's like heroin which is pretty much just as weird.


I hope SOAD isn't going to try to be the weirdest instead of the best.
 
According to an article i read in "Wired" May issue, Mesmerize and Hypnotize was a two part release for a reason.

Here is the reason,

"Wired: Why release Mezmerize/Hypnotize in two parts?

SOAD: Everybody's walking around with 10,000 MP3s in their pocket. If we put out too many songs at once, we'd be inundating people who are already suffering from music overload. This way, we're giving people time to develop a relationship with a smaller batch of songs."


Personally I think it was a great idea. It accomplished exactly what they wanted.

I don't think I could have handled that much good music at one time.
 
i like system. not my favorite band anymore by far, but still pretty good in my book. imo they have gone down hill from their first album but for the most part they still rock hard.
 
smellysocks12

Vicinity of obscenity
definitely takes the cake for weirdest SOAD song EVER though. Right now I don't really enjoy it, might grow onto me later, but I'm not sure.



And that is even before I heard She's like heroin which is pretty much just as weird.


I hope SOAD isn't going to try to be the weirdest instead of the best.

Kill Rock N Roll is pretty messed up too.

Soldier Side has to be one of the greatest songs of the year though, I love it to bits.
 
[QUOTE='85fierogt]According to an article i read in "Wired" May issue, Mesmerize and Hypnotize was a two part release for a reason.

Here is the reason,

"Wired: Why release Mezmerize/Hypnotize in two parts?

SOAD: Everybody's walking around with 10,000 MP3s in their pocket. If we put out too many songs at once, we'd be inundating people who are already suffering from music overload. This way, we're giving people time to develop a relationship with a smaller batch of songs."


Personally I think it was a great idea. It accomplished exactly what they wanted.

I don't think I could have handled that much good music at one time.[/QUOTE]


I agree with him. No matter how good an album is, 70 minutes or longer is too long to pay attention and not get tired of it. Now we have another 12 new, fresh songs instead of being stuck with 23 songs that you already got used to.


I think another reason, which he won't mention, is that he now makes more money off it.
 
smellysocks12
I think another reason, which he won't mention, is that he now makes more money off it.

Nah thats not like system.
 
Bee
Kill Rock N Roll is pretty messed up too.

Soldier Side has to be one of the greatest songs of the year though, I love it to bits.
I haven't gotten far enough in the album to get to Soldier Side, but I LOVED the intro! I can't wait to get to it,but right now I'm digging "Dreaming." The intro of Soldier Side was maybe my favotie song on Mesmerize, and it was only a minute long!
 
Back