T150 not working with GT5 & 6 on PS3

• Thread starter jamcg
  • 53 comments
I just got my T150 Pro an cannot get it to work with either Gran Turismo title on PS3. I have updated the firmware per Thrustmaster’s instructions. The wheel calibrates when connected to the PC and functions properly in the control panel. When connected to the PS3 it calibrates when the console starts up and I can navigate the system menu, but when the game launches, the “mode” light starts blinking and the wheel turns all the way to the left and stays there and the buttons are unresponsive.

Has anyone come across this or know how to fix it? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks.

I just got my T150 Pro an cannot get it to work with either Gran Turismo title on PS3. I have updated the firmware per Thrustmaster’s instructions. The wheel calibrates when connected to the PC and functions properly in the control panel. When connected to the PS3 it calibrates when the console starts up and I can navigate the system menu, but when the game launches, the “mode” light starts blinking and the wheel turns all the way to the left and stays there and the buttons are unresponsive.

Has anyone come across this or know how to fix it? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks.
Hi there.
I am using a T300 with both games, and it works just fine. It calibrates both at ps3 and game startup.
I found that the T300 support was added with a later patch, the T150 should be inherently compatible even without clear mention of it.
It should work, please make sure that :
1) games are updated ( good luck with Gt6)
2) the ps3 firmware is updated ( just in case..)
3) there are no other controllers attached
Hope it helps, let me know

Hi there.
I am using a T300 with both games, and it works just fine. It calibrates both at ps3 and game startup.
I found that the T300 support was added with a later patch, the T150 should be inherently compatible even without clear mention of it.
It should work, please make sure that :
1) games are updated ( good luck with Gt6)
2) the ps3 firmware is updated ( just in case..)
3) there are no other controllers attached
Hope it helps, let me know
No luck. The firmware and games are up to date.
I even tried the installation through a different USB port.
Still works fine right up until the game launches and then the mode light starts flashing red, the buttons become unresponsive and the wheel does not properly calibrate itself. Also, the wheel has no resistance or re-centering force.
Could it be an issue with my game data?

No luck. The firmware and games are up to date.
I even tried the installation through a different USB port.
Still works fine right up until the game launches and then the mode light starts flashing red, the buttons become unresponsive and the wheel does not properly calibrate itself. Also, the wheel has no resistance or re-centering force.
Could it be an issue with my game data?
Sorry to hear that.
Was your game data already there before you had the wheel? If so It’s something I would try..

Im using a t150 on the ps3 with Gran turismo 5, you have to turn off the controller, that worked for me, or start the wheel etc first...
I start with everything off, connect the wheel to to the outlet and the console and then turn on the console (with the controller off.)
Is that what you mean?

Yes^

Does the T150 pro have the ps3/ps4 switch? I have the standard T150....

Also is the game updated? I had an issue where the wheel would work but pedals wouldn't until i got all the GT5 updates...

Yes^

Does the T150 pro have the ps3/ps4 switch? I have the standard T150....

Also is the game updated? I had an issue where the wheel would work but pedals wouldn't until i got all the GT5 updates...
It does have the ps3/ps4 switch and I do have it in the ps3 position. The only difference is the Pro comes with the T3PA pedals.
I just deleted and re-installed the game data and updates up to the current version.
This should be as simple as updating the wheel’s firmware and connecting it to the console, no?
I think I’ve got a faulty unit. Thrustmaster says they’re 15 days behind on tech support tickets so this should be fun. Maybe B&H will be willing to send me a replacement. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Same problem here. Wheel works fine on PC but not on PS3, exactly same issue as OP.
I'll be watching this thread. Hopefully somebody comes up with the solution.

Same problem here. Wheel works fine on PC but not on PS3, exactly same issue as OP.
I'll be watching this thread. Hopefully somebody comes up with the solution.
Did you just get yours too?
This stinks. I opened a tech support ticket with Thrustmaster.
Their most recent email claims that the wheel is “just fine” and suggests that I contact the “game makers” and ask them if there is an issue with the games (yes, we ARE talking about Gran Turismo 5 & 6) and their wheels.

Last edited:
Yup, just got mine. First thing i did was update the firmware. I tried it on PC with Project CARS 2 and it works perfectly. But on PS3 with GT6 it's a no-go. I can navigate the PS menu, dpad and buttons working, can start GT6, can navigate GT6 but when i start a race there is no input from wheel and pedals. Only thing that is working is the Options button (marked ST) which brings op the menu. Weird thing i noticed: When i press a button, X for instance, i see the game registering it. The message pops up ('X: Accelerate') but the corresponding action is not there.

edit: sometimes the wheel does as yours does, turn to left and stay there, other time it just stays centered. Mode light blinking on both.

Hi again guys ive just put my t150 and Gran turismo 5 on, it works....

DSC_0772.MOV_snapshot_00.01_[2020.07.25_09.46.29].jpg

I plugged everything in before switching on power to ps3 and wheel, powered both up, after a few seconds of the ps3 turning on the wheel starts its auto calibration thing turning left right etc then stops in the middle...

The ps4/ps3 switch is on ps3.....On the ps3 home screen xmb main menu, if you press the ps button on the wheel, it brings up the joy pad icon on screen for me number 1...
DSC_0768.MOV_snapshot_00.26_[2020.07.25_09.43.16].jpg

I can navigate the menu and select Gran turismo 5, the game starts to load, and the wheel does the auto calibration thing again, turning left rigt etc...does yours??

When the game loads i went to options/steering settings/ and it just shows this....dosent say what wheel i have....

DSC_0772.MOV_snapshot_00.24_[2020.07.25_09.46.47].jpg

I can just play the game fine with wheel and pedals.......I did try doing a video to show but its rubbish one handed with a dslr....

I will do if you need to see a video...

I plugged everything in before switching on power to ps3 and wheel, powered both up, after a few seconds of the ps3 turning on the wheel starts its auto calibration thing turning left right etc then stops in the middle...
Check.

The ps4/ps3 switch is on ps3.....On the ps3 home screen xmb main menu, if you press the ps button on the wheel, it brings up the joy pad icon on screen for me number 1...
Check.

I can navigate the menu and select Gran turismo 5, the game starts to load, and the wheel does the auto calibration thing again, turning left rigt etc...does yours??
Nope. I get 2 different scenarios at this point:
1) Wheel starts calibrating and turns to the left only to stop and hang there
2) No calibration at all

On 1) there is no input possible at all. I can't click 'OK' on the Server Unavailable msg. Only way out is reset the PS3.
On 2) there is some input possible. I am able to click 'OK' on the server msg and GT6 starts. I can navigate the game menu but there is no steering/pedal input when i start a race.

edit: i wrote this:
"On both occasions the mode light blinks red. I'm unsure why sometimes 1) happens and sometimes 2), seems random to me."
But that is wrong. I tried some more and only time i can get to 2) is when the PS3/PS4 switch is set to PS4. When set to PS3 it's always 1).

@imported_rik19: what version is the firmware on your T150?

Last edited:
Just plugged it in to computer it shows this..

T150.jpg

Also is the game fully updated? I recently installed Gran turismo 5 from disc, tried it, and i didn't have the pedals working, i could steer but that was it, so connected and think there were 27 updates...Then it worked fine..

Last edited:
Hm, mine's different. You have a T150 non-pro? I (and @jamcg as well) have a Pro.

tm.png

You're on firmware 5, i'm on 21.
My advice to you: Don't update the firmware. ;)

Also, yes game is fully updated. As is PS3 firmware and TM firmware.

My guess is this issue is T150 (Pro) firmware related.

edit: i reported this issue at thrustmaster as well, with a link to this topic.

Last edited:
Yes mine is a standard T150, oh man, shame its not working, i wonder if you can somehow get older firmware versions to try?

Thanks I wont be updating....Ok your game and ps3 are updated.....

My ps3 is is version 4.86...if that makes any difference..

My guess is this issue is T150 (Pro) firmware related.

I think you’re right. Maybe there’s something wrong with the new firmware that recognizes the different pedal sets that’s not jiving with the older games.

Yeah that's my thought as well. I didn't find anything releted to this on the TM website so i requested that in the ticket i just created with them. We'll see how they respond.

Please post when they do. I’m very interested to see what they say.

Just a note about my wheel, i recently had to send it back to thrustmaster for a repair around december 2019 i think, and this is the firmware it came back with, my wheel worked, but it would lose position if you turned the wheel fast, like the belt was slipping, but it wasnt..i did make a thread on here about it....

Nope. I get 2 different scenarios at this point:
1) Wheel starts calibrating and turns to the left only to stop and hang there
2) No calibration at all

On 1) there is no input possible at all. I can't click 'OK' on the Server Unavailable msg. Only way out is reset the PS3.
On 2) there is some input possible. I am able to click 'OK' on the server msg and GT6 starts. I can navigate the game menu but there is no steering/pedal input when i start a race.

On both occasions the mode light blinks red. I'm unsure why sometimes 1) happens and sometimes 2), seems random to me.

Well i did some more testing and it turns out it's not random at all. With the PS3/PS4 switch set to PS3 i always get 1), with the switch set to PS4 i always get 2).

Etra Man,

This might seem like a strange question, but does yours have an internal power supply, or external. I read online that the European version has an internal one and the North American version has an external one. They may have changed this at some point in the product run. They’ve been making them for several years, so it stands to reason that they may have made some changes along the way.
Mine has internal (I am in the States.)
It looks like you might be in Europe. Do you have an external power supply?

I was wondering if maybe I had somehow received a European version and you had received a North American one.
Thought maybe different wheel and game versions might be the culprit.
Not so, I guess. Different place, same power supply, same issue.

It does have the ps3/ps4 switch and I do have it in the ps3 position. The only difference is the Pro comes with the T3PA pedals.
I just deleted and re-installed the game data and updates up to the current version.
This should be as simple as updating the wheel’s firmware and connecting it to the console, no?
I think I’ve got a faulty unit. Thrustmaster says they’re 15 days behind on tech support tickets so this should be fun. Maybe B&H will be willing to send me a replacement. Fingers crossed.
Just got mine from B&H yesterday evening and have been experiencing similar issues. My unit has an internal power supply.

Just got mine from B&H yesterday evening and have been experiencing similar issues. My unit has an internal power supply.
Well, that’s three now. I don’t think Etra Man got his from B&H but still...
You should open a tech support ticket with Thrustmaster and reference this thread or just mention that you know of at least two other people with brand new T100s with this same issue. There must be some sort of fix for this. I’ve gotten nowhere with them as they claim that mine is just fine and that the problem is with the game (which is, of course, ridiculous.)
I’ve tried just about every remedy I could find on the net including a number that were suggested for other models to no avail. Either there’s some issue with the new firmware update relating to the GT games for PS3 or we have defective units.

@AntMork what version is your firmware?
21 just updated it.

Some of what I was experiencing existed prior to the update from v 5. Was hoping the updated firmware would fix it.

Right now, PS3 with Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit and it controls ok just NO tactile feedback whatsoever and that's bugging me because, well, damnit....one of the two main reasons for getting the thing in the first place. (mini rant off). However, noticed that when using the L-R positions on the D-Pad to make lateral moves/selections, it just "sticks" and cycles super fast through the available choice and back again, etc.

I think, even with other racing games, I could at least get some modest rumble as feedback. As it is at the moment, my T150 hasn't given me anything.

But one positive at least: my driving has definitely improved. Already.

BTW my delivery was off, too. B&H got it out really quick, which was nice. It arrived at the FedEx center in the main city in our area, about 78 miles/1.75 hours south or here, in the early morning of the scheduled delivery date. There, it sat for six days before being delivered locally. I contacted B&H and asked if they could call FedEX to find out what was going on as I didn't have a tracking number. Never heard back.

Last edited:
Back